D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy a telephoto zoom. Was considering the Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED VR. After some "goggling" it seems the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD SP AF is equally good. Any comments from users? Thanks

i also thinking of getting a lens in that range too.. but donno wat to get..

Stormy08 said:
Looking to buy a telephoto zoom. Was considering the Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED VR. After some "goggling" it seems the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD SP AF is equally good. Any comments from users? Thanks

Thinking of either of these 2 for my telephoto as well.

Not much major differences between the 2 so most likely I'll play safe and go with the nikkor.

Hi fellow csers,
Wonder if some of you can help me on my mysterious problems on my the D7000 that I faced. Got 2 scenarios actually.

Scenario 1
----------
Recently I went for travel and brought along my D7k.
I noticed that when I went out from my hotel room (very cold) and had a stroll on the streets on a sunny day, out of sudden my D7000 cannot function. It showed f/0 on my screen. I had to wait around 10-20 mins, then it returned to normal and I could shoot again. Anybody face this before?

Scenario 2
----------
I was helping my friend to shoot for his wedding dinner over last weekend. For the duration of 3 hours, I had shot around 500++ photos. Then towards the end of the dinner, my camera failed to respond. The display showed my f stop as 2.8. But when I shoot with flash on hotshoe, the photo turned out to be black. Then I off my camera and changed my lens from Tamron 17-50 to my nikkor 50mm f/1.8. When I turned it on again, my display showed the f stop at f/32. No matter how I changed the command dial (in M mode or A mode), the f stop won't budge. Thus I had to off my camera. The next morning, my camera was working fine again.

So I need feedback whether this is a known issue or it is just my camera body that is so 'sway'. I had searched online, but not much help. Hope to get some inputs from fellow CSers here.

Thanks a lot.

Hi

I currently have D7k + 18-105 kit and 50 1.8D. I think 18-105 is an extremely good lens for travel. However, I don't travel much. Is there other use for this lens? If it is only good for travel, I would like to trade it for another zoom lens, like 17-80 or 17-55 pus a 35 f1.8G. I really like the 35 f1.8 because I used to use 50 on my film, as well 35 f2 on my ex-Pentax.

Also, is 28-80 G or D worth to buy?

Anyone has any experiences or advice that could give me?

Scenario 1 might be due to condensation. Never experienced Scenario 2 before. :(

Actually even Scenario 1 should not happen. At most you should get are cloudy lenses and viewfinder that will clear after about 10 minutes. You might have a defective set. :(

Hi fellow csers,
Wonder if some of you can help me on my mysterious problems on my the D7000 that I faced. Got 2 scenarios actually.

Scenario 1
----------
Recently I went for travel and brought along my D7k.
I noticed that when I went out from my hotel room (very cold) and had a stroll on the streets on a sunny day, out of sudden my D7000 cannot function. It showed f/0 on my screen. I had to wait around 10-20 mins, then it returned to normal and I could shoot again. Anybody face this before?

Scenario 2
----------
I was helping my friend to shoot for his wedding dinner over last weekend. For the duration of 3 hours, I had shot around 500++ photos. Then towards the end of the dinner, my camera failed to respond. The display showed my f stop as 2.8. But when I shoot with flash on hotshoe, the photo turned out to be black. Then I off my camera and changed my lens from Tamron 17-50 to my nikkor 50mm f/1.8. When I turned it on again, my display showed the f stop at f/32. No matter how I changed the command dial (in M mode or A mode), the f stop won't budge. Thus I had to off my camera. The next morning, my camera was working fine again.

So I need feedback whether this is a known issue or it is just my camera body that is so 'sway'. I had searched online, but not much help. Hope to get some inputs from fellow CSers here.

Thanks a lot.

Scenario 1 might be due to condensation. Never experienced Scenario 2 before. :(

Actually even Scenario 1 should not happen. At most you should get are cloudy lenses and viewfinder that will clear after about 10 minutes. You might have a defective set. :(
Thanks for your reply.
I have contacted Nikon and let's see what they have to say on my set.

I have updated my firmware to the latest. hope it resolves everything. Anyway, my set is working currently and I will do more stress test if situation permits.

Ya best if you can replicate the fault and know exactly when it happens. For example if you can replicate scenario 1 you have a definite case for Nikon to look into. Makes it easier for them to find the fault.

Hi all D7000 user,

I want to get a D7000, but i heard about D7000 have some problem:

1) Sensor oily stain
2) Hot pixel
3) Front or back focusing issue (out of focus)

Nikon already fixed the problem? or i just wait the D7000 replacement?

Hi all D7000 user,

1) Sensor oily stain
2) Hot pixel

None of those problems ever occurred to me, except the hot pixels in video mode. Anyway, if you intend to wait for D7000 replacement, happy waiting.

Hi all D7000 user,

1) Sensor oily stain
2) Hot pixel

If these problems are going to hold u back from purchasing the camera, you can wait all you want. Every camera from every brand has its own problems. Nothing is perfect in this world.

And to add on, how often do these problems surface? I don't think it's even common to begin with. The hot pixel issue has been fixed a long time ago too. Front/back focusing issue should not be a problem if you test ur new camera properly before purchasing it.

Last edited:
Hi all D7000 user,

1) Sensor oily stain
2) Hot pixel

Hmm mine is 6mths old, so far no problem at all =)

Hi guys, former Nikon User and switched to canon 60d. Thinking of going back. How does this D7000 competes with Canon 7D?

7D should be compared to D300S. Guess you can google the specs and comparisons.

Blitzkriegh said:
Hi guys, former Nikon User and switched to canon 60d. Thinking of going back. How does this D7000 competes with Canon 7D?

Hmm mind telling why?

Hmm mind telling why?

actually been a nikon user for quite some time, been a d90 and d300s user and the thing i missed the most with nikon is the menu system. i felt that nikon's menu controls are more organized and also the number of AF points in newer models nowadays.

I'm currently using canon 60D after coming from D300s. It's a nice system, just having some thoughts about jumping ship again. It was just a matter of days when this idea popped out of my head... hehehe... anyway, still contemplating about it.... from 60D to either 7D or 5D... or perhaps, a D7000....

actually been a nikon user for quite some time, been a d90 and d300s user and the thing i missed the most with nikon is the menu system. i felt that nikon's menu controls are more organized and also the number of AF points in newer models nowadays.

I'm currently using canon 60D after coming from D300s. It's a nice system, just having some thoughts about jumping ship again. It was just a matter of days when this idea popped out of my head... hehehe... anyway, still contemplating about it.... from 60D to either 7D or 5D... or perhaps, a D7000....

Hmm you should wait for a few more days, maybe the idea will go off =0

Blitzkriegh said:

I agree with luckyorange. Maybe it's just a sudden urge like how so many teens wanna buy DSLRs to look cool. If it still doesn't goes off in a few days, then maybe Canon doesn't suits you as much as Nikon after all.

By the way what equipment you have for Canon? And any left for Nikon that you haven't sold? I'm not buying. Just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.