D7000 long exposure issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rain5533 said:
For example here shoot with F22 is become the image very clean and clear right?

This is taken with D800

But that D7k is very dark and can't see anything at all.

Maybe exposure time is not enough...

Problem lies on solely the user.

That shot you posted, is shot with 15s exposure. Your exposure is what, 1/30? lol. :rolleyes:

f22? That will be a 4 minutes exposure on normal night landscape according to experience.

Mythmaker said:
Problem lies on solely the user.

That shot you posted, is shot with 15s exposure. Your exposure is what, 1/30? lol. :rolleyes:

f22? That will be a 4 minutes exposure on normal night landscape according to experience.

Oops sorry wrong typo on 1/30s .

No problem tonight just upload some same result.

Thanks

He got experience with it cam is same setting and used tripod and the image output not as same for pre output. The 1st one is very dark and 2nd shot be normal.

Or over exposure become very white at the background. And 2nd shot is ok.
The 1st shot have to delete.

Now is shot at 1/60s still under exposure.
could it be set auto bracketing.

catchlights said:
could it be set auto bracketing.

May need check.

When is unmount the lens and switch off power and wait for while to power on and mounted the new lens is ok
Look at the photo is great, after 3 shots then is the same under exposure to become all dark output image.

Just imaging how dark of the photo?

Please try to put back the lens cap and shoot it on, then you can check the died pixel also ha ha

Last edited:
rain5533 said:
May need check.

When is unmount the lens and switch off power and wait for while to power on and mounted the new lens is ok
Look at the photo is great, after 3 shots then is the same under exposure to become all dark output image.

Just imaging how dark of the photo?

Please try to put back the lens cap and shoot it on, then you can check the died pixel also ha ha

Try to post a photo with full exif. Also take a photo of the same scene using a different camera so can base on the metering. Can't say much because nobody knows how dark the scene is...

I read until blur..

30s, 1/30s, 1/60s.. night time, day time.. between the flip flops and incoherent writing.. i have totally no idea of what is going on now.

look at here same setting but the output is different.

ScreenShot2012-07-23at100504PM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-23at100526PM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-23at100451PM.png

ScreenShot2012-07-23at100519PM.png

look at here same setting but the output is different.

Sorry, are you blind? The settings are NOT the same! you can clearly see it's 6s, 4s, 1/4s.

continue.

even longer exposure even dark.

Yes, you have the proof in front of you...

1st pic: 1/5s, f/8, ISO 125
2nd pic: 1/6s, f/9, ISO 125
3rd pic: ISO dropped to 100.

You have exposure bracketing turned on.

If you have experience on this issue, in the 1st should know what is the happening on the problem of issue.

Before you start saying these things to others, I suggest experiencing reading the camera manual first.

Before you start saying these things to others, I suggest experiencing reading the camera manual first.

ok i will ask my friend to check it on..
and find up what's the Bracketing turned on

ok lah, do you try for normal shoot and set it to F8 and used A mode and used with ISO : 100, the result if hand hold is blur image and still can see the capture image right?

this one cannot the shutter is very fast to stop works and show the dark image only.

finally is to be find up is the shutter can't close as waiting the long exposure and suddenly to be stop and open the shutter door.

Last edited:
Troubleshoot systematically to isolate aperture or shutter problem. Mount camera on tripod and shoot same subject. Use Manual mode and keep ISO and shutter constant and vary aperture and see if any effect. Repeat for shutter. Suspect aperture control issue. Could be lens or the mount.

Troubleshoot systematically to isolate aperture or shutter problem. Mount camera on tripod and shoot same subject. Use Manual mode and keep ISO and shutter constant and vary aperture and see if any effect. Repeat for shutter. Suspect aperture control issue. Could be lens or the mount.

ok lah, thank you all helping me and him...
he said will be send for repair by tomorrow.
The bad thing is even used the Full P mode with flashlight on the image also not correct at the sharpness and still feel very dark..
also the cam is belong to him, since like he everyday got touch the cam and won't be setting like dark image output.

Close it topic as soon..

Last edited:
Based on the sample pics you provided, it's user error, not camera error.

Rashkae said:
Based on the sample pics you provided, it's user error, not camera error.

He bring back to the camera shop and the technical also can't get the actual result.
So ending to be send back for NSC repair :)

The boss to compare for others D7k and do the same setting is ok. But it just come out the dark image.

Last edited:
He bring back to the camera shop and the technical also can't get the actual result.
So ending to be send back for NSC repair :)

The boss to compare for others D7k and do the same setting is ok. But it just come out the dark image.

Camera shops don't have technicians. They have salespeople.

Rashkae said:
Camera shops don't have technicians. They have salespeople.

He he how I knew :)

Because the setting in.

EV 0
F3.5
ISO : 200
shutter speed 1/60s
WB : Auto
A : Mode
Capture on outdoor or indoor lighting all dark.
Look like 2 thing on shutter or aperture faulty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.