D7000 Discussion Thread III

Lovely :) Glad you got yours fixed..

Btw back to the topic about the colour from the camera. If I can confirm that it only affects .jpg files? If it is, I can probably include a short tutorial on how to set saturation (of jpg) in the FAQ thread.

Hi guys, some of you mentioned about the HV shop in suntec.
Can someone point me to the location of that shop? Thanks!

to be honest.. i don't understand the graphs myself as i just started.. But what they mention about the DR is interesting :)

The net result was that the Nikon D7000's JPEGs showed excellent dynamic range, performing almost as well as the best cameras we've tested, and that's with Active D-Lighting set to Off (default). RAW dynamic range performance with Adobe Camera RAW was outstanding, producing the best score we've tested to date, besting even full-frame models.

Hello, I just got my D7K set. I'm currently having problem with video recording. Do I have to use an external mic to get the sound? Cos I am able to record the video only but no sound. I've tried different settings (microphone settings is auto) but still no luck. I also played through my pc but still nothing. In fact the first thing I did after I got it was to test out the video mode. Hope someone can explain.

Hello, I just got my D7K set. I'm currently having problem with video recording. Do I have to use an external mic to get the sound? Cos I am able to record the video only but no sound. I've tried different settings (microphone settings is auto) but still no luck. I also played through my pc but still nothing. In fact the first thing I did after I got it was to test out the video mode. Hope someone can explain.

Hi,

Glad you had your D7k set.

It's weird that your mic is not recording. 1st things 1st, you do not have to have an external microphone to record sound, as it's recorded via the microphone in front of your camera.

2nd, if you can check on your movie playback on your camera, and see the top left hand side of your video, did you see a music note with a line across it? If there is, you've switched your mic off in the setting (you may wanna check your setting just in case your auto mic level might not be set properly in the first place) [Software check]

If yours has no such icon on top left hand side of your LCD while playing back a properly recorded video, then quite likely it's a physical issue. Suggest you bring it down to NSC for a check.

Hi,

Glad you had your D7k set.

It's weird that your mic is not recording. 1st things 1st, you do not have to have an external microphone to record sound, as it's recorded via the microphone in front of your camera.

2nd, if you can check on your movie playback on your camera, and see the top left hand side of your video, did you see a music note with a line across it? If there is, you've switched your mic off in the setting (you may wanna check your setting just in case your auto mic level might not be set properly in the first place) [Software check]

If yours has no such icon on top left hand side of your LCD while playing back a properly recorded video, then quite likely it's a physical issue. Suggest you bring it down to NSC for a check.

Yep nothing at all. Will try going to NSC. Thanks for the response.

Is the body only D7000 package now available in Singapore?

Just wondering why did they change the battery size of D7000? Now I cant share battery with my friends =/

Can Active D-Lighting effect be seen if I process my RAW via Lightroom?

No problem.

The worst case that I got from P mode, bright sun was -1.5. Omg. :(

The issue become worse if u try to fill light using flash when shooting facing sun light.
In my case... -1 for my flash compensation still got blown out on faces..

This will not be the case on d90.
Got to spend more time getting used to this new cam and doing tons of post processing.

It is just a dream to get nice jpg straight out from it. Or maybe I haven't get used to the very new behavior on it..

may not be due to the cam. it may be due to the lens. I have this problem with the 50mm D series and not with other lens.

Hanoi: Malaysia booked a place in the final of the AFF Suzuki Cup for the first time in 14 years after a 0-0 draw with Vietnam at My Dinh Stadium on Saturday night saw K. Rajagobal's side secure a 2-0 aggregate win over the defending champions.

Nikon D7000, ISO 1600

_LKM1543.jpg

_LKM1326.jpg

_LKM1402.jpg

Just saw review on Pentax K-5 and D7000 on DPreview.com. Pentax K-5 scores 83% with gold award while D7000 only scores 80% with silver award.
Hmmm......:think:

they r on different levels. the ratings r meant for their own class if u didnt notice.

k5's a semi pro, while d7000 is considered mid-range by dpreview. it'd be fairer to compare d300s n k5 since d300s is also a semi-pro body.

I see. Sorry I thought Pentax K-5 is around the same class with D7000 ;)

they r on different levels. the ratings r meant for their own class if u didnt notice.

k5's a semi pro, while d7000 is considered mid-range by dpreview. it'd be fairer to compare d300s n k5 since d300s is also a semi-pro body.

Just saw review on Pentax K-5 and D7000 on DPreview.com. Pentax K-5 scores 83% with gold award while D7000 only scores 80% with silver award.
Hmmm......:think:

haha:bsmilie:

So under mid-range who get Gold:think:

:bsmilie: