D700 user...fall in!!!

couldn't wait any longer for the D700 successor
decided to get D700 instead
really love it .... it is a great camera .....

join the club, no 163 .... (is that correct?):confused:

couldn't wait any longer for the D700 successor
decided to get D700 instead
really love it .... it is a great camera .....

join the club, no 163 .... (is that correct?):confused:

Welcome! Enjoy the wonderful baby!

Guys I need help, I recently got a D700 from another clubsnapper. there seems to be no problem as the camera seems to be in great condition. but after shooting about 1-2K of photos I notice now having some parts of photos underexposed. Im afraid this might be a symptom of a dying shutter. the shuttercount is only around 26-28K. there is no more warranty as it was bought last year July 2009. Do you know how much a D700 shutter replacement cost? will nikon replace it FOC if the shuttercount is below the the rated shuttercount of 150,000?

OK. I went to Nikon to ask the possible reason and check the camera. The camera is fine. it seems that its just caused by the fluorescent flicker due to high shutter speed. :D nothing to worry about. :D its just that I am not used shooting high speed under fluorescent light till the D700.. hehehe

here is a link of the same issue:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sony_alpha/discuss/72157624965886381/

Guys I need help, I recently got a D700 from another clubsnapper. there seems to be no problem as the camera seems to be in great condition. but after shooting about 1-2K of photos I notice now having some parts of photos underexposed. Im afraid this might be a symptom of a dying shutter. the shuttercount is only around 26-28K. there is no more warranty as it was bought last year July 2009. Do you know how much a D700 shutter replacement cost? will nikon replace it FOC if the shuttercount is below the the rated shuttercount of 150,000?

#164 here... <<< John <<< Dec 2010

FF rules! will never look back! (^_^)
Got my trinity lens too! :thumbsup:

What is the big deal on the trinity lenses? Don't understand why must use the word trinity, is the lenses that holy?

Nikon rated the shutter life as 150,000. That's not to be taken as a guarantee of any kind so you do have to pay for the replacement if camera is out of warranty.

What is the big deal on the trinity lenses? Don't understand why must use the word trinity, is the lenses that holy?

Well....for ego boosting I guess....only the best is called trinity.....the other don't.....after all you paid close to $2.5~3k each :lovegrin:

Nikon rated the shutter life as 150,000. That's not to be taken as a guarantee of any kind so you do have to pay for the replacement if camera is out of warranty.

I read somewhere in this forum that someone's D3 shutter failed at 160k (about half of the estimated lifetime). And it costs about S$800 (can't remember this part) to change. Definitely not free. D700 shutter should be cheaper though.

But anyway, 26-28k isn't quite a lot.

What is the big deal about using the word Trinity? Don't understand why cannot use the word Trinity.. :D

The word Trinity is not only reserved for Christians or faith-related usage.. "Trinity" itself is nothing holy, it simply means "a group/collection of three"..

Dear D700 Users...

I'm seriously considering becoming #165... ;) But wondering if I should wait... 80% tells me, no need to wait, whatever you need can be supplied very well by the D700 already!

So.. can anyone out there discourage me from buying the D700 now, and wait for D800 (supposedly March 2011) instead? :confused:

Thank you!!

Yeah!!Bet some of u even heard they call it the hebrew trinity..Anyway,my point is not in the name,but making full use out of the best u have..:):);p..guess im no 166 then..just buy the d700 bro..u will not regret it..

Last edited:
Dear D700 Users...

I'm seriously considering becoming #165... ;) But wondering if I should wait... 80% tells me, no need to wait, whatever you need can be supplied very well by the D700 already!

So.. can anyone out there discourage me from buying the D700 now, and wait for D800 (supposedly March 2011) instead? :confused:

Thank you!!

I waited whole of last year but no D700 successor, so I decided to be no. 165. It's a great camera. When the successor is out I will get that too.

My advice is if u need it just get it otherwise there will be forgone photo opportunities.

I read somewhere in this forum that someone's D3 shutter failed at 160k (about half of the estimated lifetime). And it costs about S$800 (can't remember this part) to change. Definitely not free. D700 shutter should be cheaper though.

But anyway, 26-28k isn't quite a lot.

Wooo, so ex. Replacing shutter unit on my 1Ds costs less than $400.....

Dear D700 Users...

Thank you!!

If you can be talked out of getting a D700, then you don't need a camera at all. Given that, you don't even have to wait for D800, D900, etc.....

y hold back on d700? we are not even certain what exactly the so called replacement has. get it if you want, chinese ny has many highlights to capture.

Am I #166? Bought on 2 Jan 2011. My first hoot of the year.

Just got mine, 2 days ago.

Am i #167 and the last one? LOL