D60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play abit with the flash unit yesterday, very impressive. Should be sufficient for me, as my both previous flash is strong enuf (when using Canon); has lower guide no. than this SB600. The ITTL with BL mode made the picture natural without the typical visible flash effect on the photo. Still alot more for me to learn about this flash & camera combo.

Get a hygrometer. You won't know until it's too late for such boxes...

there is no indicator that the humidity is too high until it's too late...

It got Hygrometer. :)

Btw, I have another box without Hygrometer. Do you know where to get Hygrometer only? :p

Last edited:
hi all,

i intend to go to Zoo & Chinatown for shooting...

it is sufficient using D60 kit len?

normal portrait shooting and lighting

pls advice...thankss.

hi all,

pls advice...thankss.

if you're shooting animals at the zoo, a more powerful zoom would be good. but the kit will do fine as well, just less zoom.

chinatown, kit is fine :)

It got Hygrometer. :)

Btw, I have another box without Hygrometer. Do you know where to get Hygrometer only? :p

Check out some of the hardware stores...

hi all,

pls advice...thankss.

Zoo, you may need a longer one like the 55-200...

for portraiture, the kit would do fine. Just get a SB-600 for the flash effects.

Zoo, you may need a longer one like the 55-200...

for portraiture, the kit would do fine. Just get a SB-600 for the flash effects.

thanks..well then i need to bring two lenses along with me...unfortunately,i dont have SB 600

i will post some pictures if i go to zoo...

for all D60 owner,

I need some guidances on D60 camera..i read the D60 manual....there is a section where Press Func + Command Dial will be able to change the ISO Sensitivity and other settings as well for PSAM Mode..however i couldn't do so...

anyone encounters this issue?

for all D60 owner,

I need some guidances on D60 camera..i read the D60 manual....there is a section where Press Func + Command Dial will be able to change the ISO Sensitivity and other settings as well for PSAM Mode..however i couldn't do so...

errr you press and hold the iso button, then turn the dial on the right side of your cam (can't rmb if its at the front or back for the D60) to the left or right. should have reaction what.

errr you press and hold the iso button, then turn the dial on the right side of your cam (can't rmb if its at the front or back for the D60) to the left or right. should have reaction what.

where is the ISO button?

You need to set the func. button to change ISO. I think by default it does not. Check the camera menu to set the func. button to change ISO. ;)

I just bought my D60 today! So far shoot shoot shoot at home...haha...tomorrow will be bring it out for the 1st time...so excited! Lots to learn as I know nuts abt shutter speed, aperture, iso, metering or whatever...trying to read the guide writing by someone in this forum (sorry forgot your name) which I think is a great intro. And I will be asking back my dry cabinet from after friend after loaning him for 1 year... :p

You need to set the func. button to change ISO. I think by default it does not. Check the camera menu to set the func. button to change ISO. ;)

i followed the D60 menu but failed to do so. If anyone has the guide,you may refer to page 112

for all D60 owner,

Took me a while but I finally understand what you (and the manual) meant.

First of all, you will need to turn your menu from 'simple' to 'full' (pg 118) under settings (the little spanner icon).

Then go to the little pencil icon, you will be able to see the 'function' sub-menu (think is 11). Go in and select what you want your function button to be (default I believe is timer), change it to ISO.

Then when you want to quickly change your ISO sensitivity, press and hold the function button (in front of your camera on the left side if you face the back of the camera), you can check pg 4 number 18. While holding the button, rotate your command dial to change ISO sensitivity.

Hope it helps. :sweat:

Took me a while but I finally understand what you (and the manual) meant.

First of all, you will need to turn your menu from 'simple' to 'full' (pg 118) under settings (the little spanner icon).

Then go to the little pencil icon, you will be able to see the 'function' sub-menu (think is 11). Go in and select what you want your function button to be (default I believe is timer), change it to ISO.

Then when you want to quickly change your ISO sensitivity, press and hold the function button (in front of your camera on the left side if you face the back of the camera), you can check pg 4 number 18. While holding the button, rotate your command dial to change ISO sensitivity.

Hope it helps. :sweat:

hi keltong,

i found it...anyway thank you for taking the time to read the manual

hi all,

i would like to post some of the photos taken by my new D60 here however,i could not reduce the pic size to less 200 KB.

i have uploaded 4 pics to flickr sites..

here is the link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahtshun23/

pls give some comments to improve my skills..

hi all,

i would like to post some of the photos taken by my new D60 here however,i could not reduce the pic size to less 200 KB.

i have uploaded 4 pics to flickr sites..

here is the link -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahtshun23/

pls give some comments to improve my skills..

Your flower shot is OOF. Probably too close to the subject.
Roses had too much foreground... and too lil space on the top.
White is ok, but try not to crpo off the flower's stamens and pistils.
Parrot is too centered. Read up rules of thirds. ;)

thank you mutant and zac08.

i will continue to practice more...

if anyone got any comment to improve my skills,pls share it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.