D60

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for all your suggestions..i will take into consideration..currently i only have kit len & 55-200 nikkor len....

sorry to nitpick. There's no such thing as a len.
Singular = lens
Plural = lenses

Anyway I think it's still quite worthwhile to get a drybox (cheaper) or a dry cabinet (more ex, but better regulation of humidity). They don't cost A LOT of money.
For D60 + dual lens kit + flash + filters, a 30L dry cabinet should be sufficient.
Unless you're planning on buying more lenses in the near or medium-term future, then perhaps get a larger dry cabinet.

hi burben69

got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

please comments..
thanks

I have seen the 2 specific books about D60 at Funan's bookshop. I would spend my $$ on books about how to take good photos compared to a book about how to operate a particular model.

I find books in library that talk about basic photography is more useful to me as newbie in DSLR and photography.

(I just bought my first DSLR too. a D60 at comex)

i just got my D60 too last week from audio house. lotsa freebies. including a dry cabinet. heh.

hi burben69

got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

please comments..
thanks

Hi ahtshun,

I still new to DSLR.
Maybe the snr here can comment abt books.

I bought my D60 dual lens at audion hse $1288 (2x4gb,bag,cleaner,tripod,umbrella,30L dry box)..
I did went to comex, but they cant offer me better than audion hse.

cheers

I oso juz bought D60 at Comex. :)

just got my D60 dual lens kit from Comex yesterday as well.
$1288 with all the freebie offer in comex plus a german made UV filter.

am thinking of should get a dry box or not now?? :sweat:

Just buy one, not so expensive. I bought a portable dry box at Funan. Only cost me S$29. It fits my D60 + Kit Lens + 55-200 + 50mm F1.8. Just put Thirsty Hippo inside, then everything is ok. (For me, at least. :p)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just buy one, not so expensive. I bought a portable dry box at Funan. Only cost me S$29. It fits my D60 + Kit Lens + 55-200 + 50mm F1.8. Just put Thirsty Hippo inside, then everything is ok. (For me, at least. :p)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get a hygrometer. You won't know until it's too late for such boxes...

there is no indicator that the humidity is too high until it's too late...

did some research about dry cabinet...

found this on the net...

Digicabi DB036

- 30 Litres Digital Dry Cabinet
- Digital Hygrometer
- 2 Adjustable Trays
- 30 x 30 x 43cm (WxDxH)
- Single Handle Glass Door
- Power Consumption: 5W

some useful info

AD series has a higher inaccuracy percentage up to +6º in humidity measurement. Also AD series needs to have the humidity pre-set before putting in equipment. Eg: Set the dial within the cabinet, let the humidity settle, then adjust again until 45~55 is reached.

for DHC series, the inaccuracy percentage is less, about +3º. Once set a value, the cabinet will start to work towards the humidity level without the need for it to be settled first. You can put in equipment immediately after setting the humidity level.

pls comment whether this brand is good....if possible,any recommendation for dry cabinet?bugdget SGD100..

thankss!!:)

are you guys on kit lens? anyone going for tamaron 17-50mm f2.8? heard good feedback on it

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...016C700_17_50mm_f_2_8_XR_Di.html#ReviewHeader

i would recommend using your kit lens more first before heading off on wild lens buying sprees. its not whether you've heard good feedback on it, but whether it suits your uses.

but yes, it is good stuff, especially with its price, and i'm planning on getting either that or the tamron 28-75 f2.8.

Last edited:
did some research about dry cabinet...

found this on the net...

Digicabi DB036

- 30 Litres Digital Dry Cabinet
- Digital Hygrometer
- 2 Adjustable Trays
- 30 x 30 x 43cm (WxDxH)
- Single Handle Glass Door
- Power Consumption: 5W

some useful info

AD series has a higher inaccuracy percentage up to +6º in humidity measurement. Also AD series needs to have the humidity pre-set before putting in equipment. Eg: Set the dial within the cabinet, let the humidity settle, then adjust again until 45~55 is reached.

for DHC series, the inaccuracy percentage is less, about +3º. Once set a value, the cabinet will start to work towards the humidity level without the need for it to be settled first. You can put in equipment immediately after setting the humidity level.

pls comment whether this brand is good....if possible,any recommendation for dry cabinet?bugdget SGD100..

thankss!!:)

I have the DHC, and there is no problems at all... just set once and you can forget about it. :thumbsup:

But I dun think it does sell below a hundred. Do check with the stores for the pricing.

can dry cabinet be placed inside an air cond room?i intend to place it inside my room where air cond is switch on only at night..

can dry cabinet be placed inside an air cond room?i intend to place it inside my room where air cond is switch on only at night..

cannot. thats why all places that sell dry cabinets are not air conditioned. :bsmilie:

no offense, but sometimes its quite obvious.

then it's not a good new for me...

ok the sarcasm must have gone off the scale on the sarcaso-meter.

dry cabinets control the humidity levels INSIDE the cabinet, it can be the friggin sahara outside and it doesn't matter. (it does la, i exaggerate a bit). So yes, you can put your dry cabi in a room with aircon on 24/7 and it'll be fine.

haha sorry sometimes my brand of humour doesn't quite work.

:cool: Let's make this thread specially for D60 owners, ex-owners, new owners, future owners! :cool:

Later evening will be buying a SB600 flash unit. ;p

:cool: Let's make this thread specially for D60 owners, ex-owners, new owners, future owners! :cool:

Later evening will be buying a SB600 flash unit. ;p

i'm saving a bit more before i get a SB-800. 600 is under powered for the event shooting that i do. zzz

i'm saving a bit more before i get a SB-800. 600 is under powered for the event shooting that i do. zzz

Now u realised... ;)

One is not enough... you need 2 with the Quantum Turbo 2x2. So that you can have 2 flashes with full power at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.