D400 anyone?

Problem here is that the Nikon plant is not able to keep up with the demand.

Just look at D800, people are still waiting for it.

lets hope the new cameras are easier to make than the D800 and the plant in thailand is geared up to run at full speed

I hope that D400 will be FX, however, most likely won't be true. :(
Current lineup seems like a bit too much future proof, at least for me!

D800 is made in Sendai and the DX cameras in Thailand. Should not be related in terms of capability of supply. If D400 is FX then it could be the first FX camera to roll off Thailand plant. I am waiting to see more opinions before plunging. And see what D400 is, FX or DX, what pixel density, high ISO, etc.

diediealsomustdive said:
D800 is made in Sendai and the DX cameras in Thailand. Should not be related in terms of capability of supply. If D400 is FX then it could be the first FX camera to roll off Thailand plant. I am waiting to see more opinions before plunging. And see what D400 is, FX or DX, what pixel density, high ISO, etc.

Apparently 30k units a month is not enough for the world......

Apparently 30k units a month is not enough for the world......

it's even on MY wishlist even though i don't make any money from my photographs. don't need it. just want it. :D
maybe in another year or two when i'm hopefully richer... sigh.

Huge market in China now.

I believe that many of us with the D90/D300 are due for an upgrade.

Another surge of demand for the D300 replacement.

xtemujin said:
Huge market in China now.

I believe that many of us with the D90/D300 are due for an upgrade.

Another surge of demand for the D300 replacement.

I'm one of them. I'd really like to evaluate the D300s successor before deciding if a D800 or D4 is needed.

Blur Shadow said:
I'm one of them. I'd really like to evaluate the D300s successor before deciding if a D800 or D4 is needed.

If u are hoping for D400 to be FX that is... If its still DX, why not go for D800 straight?

Cowseye said:
If u are hoping for D400 to be FX that is... If its still DX, why not go for D800 straight?

Just one word, we need FX but we not spend higher cost for D800,
If the D400 FX is Selling around $3000.
The specs much better than D700,
Do you thing, all the DX jumper will be going for D800 or instead to D400 in time?

Cowseye said:

I've managed to get away with DX for most of my commercial works. I have noted that I have a growing number of assignments where high fps is required, and that is why I'm not exactly flocking to the D800 yet.

If the successor of the D300s is able to satisfy my requirements, I may consider that, DX or FX.

The considerations for the D800 right now are the superior megapixel count and better high ISO capability over the current DX range. I have access to MF digital backs, so I can handle assignments that require high resolution.

Meanwhile, I am actually using the Canon 5D Mk III to fulfill some interim assignments. I sadly cannot get hold of either the D800 or the D4. As long as the equipment deliver, I am comfortable using any system.

Even tried Sony for a little while, just for fun! :)

Ah, seems like you are well resourced :)
Just had a chat with Luke from NPS, he mentions the availability of D800 will be much better by end May.

Cowseye said:
Ah, seems like you are well resourced :)
Just had a chat with Luke from NPS, he mentions the availability of D800 will be much better by end May.

Ha! Looking forward to then!

And I'm not that well resourced. I was just fortunate to know a couple of nice people and am able to tap on some unique funding arrangements. Haha.

The D4 and D800 is on display at SAM for Clubsnap 10 anniversary for testing.

xtemujin said:
The D4 and D800 is on display at SAM for Clubsnap 10 anniversary for testing.

Too bad I do not have any original lenses of wide angle nature to try. And Nikon staff claims that they cannot replicate the same issue as what other people are facing. The claimed they had tested with lenses from 14mm to 35mm.

maybe a D700 sensor in D400 body ;p

cichlid said:
The D700 is already in a D300/400 type of body.....

Think he meant D700 comparable quality in DX weather sealed bidy.

Over here is difficult as most are sales staff and not end user.

Too bad I do not have any original lenses of wide angle nature to try. And Nikon staff claims that they cannot replicate the same issue as what other people are facing. The claimed they had tested with lenses from 14mm to 35mm.