D300s User Thread

Just purchase AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II... really nice lens :thumbsup:

Just purchase AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II... really nice lens :thumbsup:

and ex too :)

pls post some photos taken with the lens and the d300s

Hi folks,

just a quick check (hopefully not too OT), if (sic : is) the current promo (give away 50/1.8) is still on?

Last edited:
bro may i ask some question?
why d300s cant load d2x mode picture control in the menu
thank you:)

Btw. Welcome to CS as i see that this is your 1st posting.:)

i'm happy to join this group :)

decided on this model after much consideration, especially having handled D7K recently. finally got it from j316 this afternoon... in the nick of time for the free gifts...nice

me too bought it yesterday bro.
D300s rocks:)

Hi folks,

check with you on Capture NX2 s/w. isn't this supposed to be part of the offerings when we purchase the D300s?
thanks.

Hi folks,

check with you on Capture NX2 s/w. isn't this supposed to be part of the offerings when we purchase the D300s?
thanks.

Nope it's not included with the software suite. There's a trial version to download.

Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area) Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e, Quick Charger MH-18a, USB Cable UC-E4, Video Cable EG-D2, Strap AN-DC4, LCD monitor cover BM-8, Body cap, Eyepiece Cap DK-5, Rubber Eyecup DK-23, Software Suite CD-ROM, Power Cable, Accessory shoe cover BS-1

The free software given refers to the View NX, right?

wmayeo : thanks !

the free s/w suite contains the "transfer" and "view" s/w...

my apologies if this question is OT for this thread....

any specific suggestions on the kind/type of LCD screen/panel protectors that might be more lasting and hardier? j316 appears not to have such screen protectors... and i wana have these pasted on soon...

thanks in advance... :)

any specific suggestions on the kind/type of LCD screen/panel protectors that might be more lasting and hardier? j316 appears not to have such screen protectors... and i wana have these pasted on soon...

Yes.. there is bro.
I had a hard type.. but cannot remember what brand

Either GGS or ACMAXX, both available at mass sales section.

I'm using GGS, comes with LCD screen and top LCD protector. It sticks on the screen so you need to be careful & dust free to stick it. :)

bros...many thanks...looks like i've gotta stick'em on myself... not too enthuse about it :what: based on my previous attempts to do that for my mobile once... majorly cumbersome :sweat:

bros...many thanks...looks like i've gotta stick'em on myself... not too enthuse about it :what: based on my previous attempts to do that for my mobile once... majorly cumbersome :sweat:

Some shops will do the sticking for you. OP is one of those places.:)

gentlemen (blur shadow/treetrunk)....thank u :)