Cybershot H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
JuzJaz said:
same deal tat i got earlier...but price cheaper! but beware - the freebies to be claimed from Sony have expiry date. i collected the freebies on the day i bought the camera, cuz the expiry date was the next day or something. so be alert ;)

:thumbsup: Thanks for this info !
Didn't know that the freebies has such short claimable period !!! Was thinking the window was till 16Jan all this while.

I need a better camera as my current Ricoh RX failed on my Paris business trip recently....very disappointed. Got it repaired and was offered to buy R3 at special price but already lost my trust with Ricoh. Even my 2M HP produced better colours !!Will give my Ricoh to my 13 yrs old girl. ;p

Has been a die hard photographer during my schooling days and now trying to pick up the hobbies again after so many years. :sweat:

Just purely love photography.

khooht said:
I need a better camera as my current Ricoh RX failed on my Paris business trip recently....very disappointed. Got it repaired and was offered to buy R3 at special price but already lost my trust with Ricoh. Even my 2M HP produced better colours !!

Ricoh tt bad ah? :eek:

sORe-EyEz said:
Ricoh tt bad ah? :eek:

Yap....not worth the dollar paid for RX.
Too be fair, I cannot comment on other Ricoh models since I never touch one before. But if another Ricoh comes to me....I'll seriously seriously consider carefully before throwing in $ again.

khooht said:
Too be fair, I cannot comment on other Ricoh models since I never touch one before. But if another Ricoh comes to me....I'll seriously seriously consider carefully before throwing in $ again.

wad a pity, they were d oni 1s 2 hav a range of cam tt has 28mm as wide angle. most cams r like 35mm in comparison. :thumbsd:

khooht said:
:thumbsup: Thanks for this info !
Didn't know that the freebies has such short claimable period !!! Was thinking the window was till 16Jan all this while.

Has been a die hard photographer during my schooling days and now trying to pick up the hobbies again after so many years. :sweat:

Just purely love photography.

actually i think i took rather long time to consider whether to get H1, until the redemption period was nearly over, which i only realised on the day i got H1. haha...:bsmilie:

cool...y did u stop photography back then?? well never too late to pick up again!

khooht said:

wad r the cams on ur list (under consideration)?

I stopped photographing due to family and work committment then....Really. Needed to build up my family and career and no more play play like a young free man....even now is so, but after so many years of work, work, work cum family family family . I really looking for some personal enrichment time and I believe going back to photographing will help to bring back some old self esteem.

Current P&S camera is not able to satis my feel on photography. Like to get a SLR type camera with lots of controls to play with.

Looking at H1 as it has a 12X optical zoom, which means that I can zoom further without having the hassle to bring additional telephoto len when travel. Also, I only print max to A4, therefore a 5M is more than enough.

wow...sounds like an old 'hao hao shian sheng' wor! (mr. nice guy) ;p erm..bring back some old self esteem???:think:

yea H1 has a good zoom but also, you need a even stronger stablising hand..or tripod. & yes, definitely agree. 5mp is more than enuff.:D

khooht said:
I stopped photographing due to family and work committment then....Really. Needed to build up my family and career and no more play play like a young free man....even now is so, but after so many years of work, work, work cum family family family . I really looking for some personal enrichment time and I believe going back to photographing will help to bring back some old self esteem.

Current P&S camera is not able to satis my feel on photography. Like to get a SLR type camera with lots of controls to play with.

Looking at H1 as it has a 12X optical zoom, which means that I can zoom further without having the hassle to bring additional telephoto len when travel. Also, I only print max to A4, therefore a 5M is more than enough.

yea H1 has a good zoom but also, you need a even stronger stablising hand..or tripod. & yes, definitely agree. 5mp is more than enuff.:D[/QUOTE]

Talking abt tripod...need to get a new one. The 1 I keep in my store room for say 10 years ? Has the black colour coating fading to brown on its 2 legs. Don't ask me Y only on that 2 legs please....I duno.
Think better ask my little girl to do a thorough check on my hair for any white hair as well.....:cry:

Talking abt tripod...need to get a new one. The 1 I keep in my store room for say 10 years ? Has the black colour coating fading to brown on its 2 legs. Don't ask me Y only on that 2 legs please....I duno.
Think better ask my little girl to do a thorough check on my hair for any white hair as well.....:cry:

hehe. tats funny. maybe tat one leg has coating protection. hehe... well, age is not an issue here. wat u have is experience in life, tat adds value to the kind photos you'll take. all the best in ur pursue!!!:thumbsup:

khooht said:

if u r looking at ultra zoom cams there's
Canon (S2 IS),
Konica-Minolta (Z5 &Z6),
Nikon (8800),
Panasonic (FZ5 & FZ30) &
Sony (H1)

take ur time 2 pick d most suitable 1! ;)

khooht said:

i dunno ur budget / personal preferance but here's some link 2 drool at, 4 de moment! heheheee... :devil:

http://www.thkphoto.com/products/slik/index.html

http://www.velbon-tripod.com/

http://www.manfrotto.com/jsp/index.jsp

http://www.gitzo.com/

khooht said:
Got my DSC-H1 yesterday at Sitex!!
:p

woa! tat's great. welcome to the sony H1 club~!:cheers: any exciting freebies??

do post photos sooN!

khooht said:
Got my DSC-H1 yesterday at Sitex!!
:p

Hi khooht and welcome to Clubsnap and the Sony User Group! Hope to see some of your works soon. Most impt, happy shooting!:D

Just bought the H1 and here's my first picture.....:D

DSC001021.jpg

stanly! i tot u scanned tat. :lol: H1 users are increasing! hurray! :bounce:

JuzJaz said:
stanly! i tot u scanned tat. :lol: H1 users are increasing! hurray! :bounce:

I guess thats a compliment right?? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.