Crossing Bridges V2.0 2005 Photo Trip - Hong Kong And Macau

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we've chartered a 45 seater bus to send us straight to the hotel from the airport! "

Oh well, so much for doing it backpacker style!

Will Roxanne be coming?

latmo said:
if you guys is going to mong kok take Bus A21 from airport is much cheapper
if i am not wrong is HK$33 while airport express is HK$90

Jerry Sousa said:
"we've chartered a 45 seater bus to send us straight to the hotel from the airport! "

Oh well, so much for doing it backpacker style!

Hi Latmo and Jerry

Thank you for your kind inputs.

Our original plan was to take A21 and alight at Mong Kok Grand Tower stop and walk over to Dragon Hostel to soak in the sights of one of the most populated areas in the world.

Since then we have changed our accommodation to
BP International
Located along Austin Road and next to Kowloon Park, it is logistically more convenient for our travelling needs and allow us to sleep in later and save on transport costs. BP International also went through a recent renovation and has larger toilet facilities than Dragon Hostel.

We charted the bus after working out the costs.
A21 costs HKD$33 per head;
our estimated group size is 40 which works out to be HKD$1,320.
The charted bus costs HKD$650 from the Airport to the Hotel.
[techically still backpacker style since the objective is to minimise costs and maximise convenience]

Jerry Sousa said:
Ed, You're asking me who Roxanne is?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=131328

That centamap link which I posted above is an interactive one. You can zoom in on the locale of your choice.

oh wow.......so THAT's Roxanne!!! ....sorry I am not familiar with her! :bsmilie:

We have been using ymap for detailed HK directory although centamap is quite good too

http://www.ypmap.com/en/viewer.asp?mapService=LocationMap

Thanks for the great link on Macau!!! We've been only using the Tourism Office's official website for planning. This is great!

Interesting trip ..
this is a perfect time for luminiaries from CS to showcase their talents...

if only experienced portraiture photographers such as reachme2003, virgo, espn, aj23 and the NUGs gang can join in ... this will be such a treat for the Asean photographic community ...

i'll probably be in HK visiting a friend .. so i'll find u guys out there ...
look out for a guy with an old box like camera...

Happy Shooting ...
Good Luck...

:)

there is ONE remaining slot left for Singapore/Malaysia photographers

Indonesia side has hit 21 photographers and have stopped accepting any more new participants

hey check with us before u leave sputnik!

Oops, hope an am not too late.

Any chance to join in still?
1. Larry
2. Sebastiansong
3. <Reserved>
4. <Reserved>
5. <Reserved>
6. <Reserved>
7. <Reserved>
8. <Reserved>
9. <Reserved>
10. <Reserved>
11. reserved
12. rtbh.
13. kop.
14. SniperD
15. Dagger :embrass:

Hi Dagger, let me go into the office and check and I'll get back to u by lunch time today. PM me your hp number

Oh, sorry no partners (I assume u mean wife/girlfriend). This is a shooting cum networking trip. Yes there are lobangs and ways around it but pls dont.... I'd like to give slots (just in case anyone backs out last minute) to serious photogs who want an opportunity to mix around and network

OK, just a quick update....... Sebastian Song and myself will be in HK in July for a pre-trip recce to check on timings of the actual schedule, do an actual dry run of the entire schedule, quality of accomodations, first hand feel for the actual locations we're going, meals for our Muslim brothers etc etc

Everything looks great on paper so far!

On the sponsorship side, a few of the confirmed sponsors have already given us the trip gifts and prizes. Still waiting for results from a couple more sponsors.

Oh one last thing, names of trip participants will be put up in a day or two!

Indonesia side's participation is currently bursting at the seams with a total of 21 participants confirmed

ed

Updated list of who is going (from CS, PM and OS in Singapore and Malaysia):

1 ed9119
2 ullyss
3 Larry
4 SebastianSong
5 Distagon
6 Biscuit
7 Shaun
8 rtbh
9 wmelon
10 ckyeo