Crossing Bridges Photo - Participants' photo sharing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
We all got back today and in as few words as possible...........

1. Very tiring for everyone
2. We all got to know ourselves better as humans
3. Intense
4. Loads of fun

Let the participants' images flow...

Keep images to 800 max on widest side..... save as level 3 in Photoshop is sufficient.....

shadow_pipe.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Shooting in groups

Shooting alone in solitude

Shooting in pairs of photographers

Group_big.jpg

group_nikon.jpg

group_buffalo.jpg

group_1.jpg

Last edited:
Many preferred shooting in solitude and quietness , and others in pairs or little intimate groups ......

1_photog_window.jpg

2_photogs.jpg

1_photog.jpg

Or indulge in self-portraitures

1_photog_self.jpg

Ya, we all reach home still in one piece.... other than skin abit turn black and leg a bit pain...

Think the "siong" part is climbing the mountain...believe we are the few to reach the waterfall. We are also the last to come down.
Btw, when we come down to the last big waterfall, a few local ladies when there for bathing...pretty nice scene you all have miss.

Last edited:
my gosh... on the average each of them have 2 cameras.. i saw a guy with 4... covering wide and telephoto.. it muz be heavy to lug all these equipment around... i remembered the last time i carried 2 with me.. i was kinda afraid they knock to one another... then it started to pull strain to my neck and side shoulder... i guess it takes a lot of passion and endurance in this photo event... *salute*

:: MONK SERIES ::

On Day 5, we spent half the day at Wath Rokar Monastery outside Siem Riep. We left our hotel at 5am, stopped by a market for 30-mins of low-light shooting and proceeded to the temple. The monks had a "puja" ceremony at 7am and proceeded to eat a hearty breakfast prepared by ladies in the kitchen, mostly volunteers from around the village. Even one of our guides, had his wife helping out. The guide has a family of four kids and he says it's tough to make ends meet in Cambodia but he believes that by helping out at the temple, he will attain merits. He makes sure his kids get a good education. His four-year-old daughter even sang a medley of English songs for lezley (from M'sia).

The younger monks are basically a shy lot and were caught by surprise when the whole lot of us descended upon their peaceful monastery grounds, snapping at anything that moves. Even the chief abbot was not spared when he was caught on camera by hanoiroxy (from Vietnam) while taking a bath. I was guilty of joining him in the melee.

Anyway here are some of my humble snapshots:

1. Monks Walking.
monks_walking_0065.jpg

2. Monks Posing.
monk_posing_0122.jpg

3. Monk Contemplating.
monk_thinking_0166.jpg

4. Monks Eating.
monk_eating_0071.jpg

5. Monk Resting.
monk_sleep_0153.jpg

my gosh... on the average each of them have 2 cameras.. i saw a guy with 4... covering wide and telephoto.. it muz be heavy to lug all these equipment around... i remembered the last time i carried 2 with me.. i was kinda afraid they knock to one another... then it started to pull strain to my neck and side shoulder... i guess it takes a lot of passion and endurance in this photo event... *salute*

I believe the average (among the Indonesians) was about 3 cameras.....1 wide zoon, 1 tele zoom and either 1 compact camera/ 1 film or / 1 infrared camera

I had so much fun shooting with a compact G9 and an Infra Red converted Sony a200 that I did not even touch my Canon SLR for almost the entire trip.......

Took at grand total of 15 images with the 70-200 2.8 IS L ...... I practically lent it to newbies who came equipped with the standard bundled kit lens for 6 days..... ha ha ha :bsmilie: :bsmilie: they were VERY VERY happy... !!

Lots of color during the trip............... and NOT a SINGLE day of rain ...... (relief)

green_red.jpg

Not a moment went by without some kind of action

jump_1.jpg

Last edited:
yo Darrell..... re-size your images to 800 on the longest side...... too small to really have a good look at the images

and post your pics using the yellow box with mountain icon :)

01. 4 Countries, 1 Destination..............

3037351849_ae9146b4ac_o.jpg

02. heading to a place...............................

3037351953_ac7557ae59_o.jpg

3. called Siem Reap, Cambodia.

3038188910_571d33cc32_o.jpg

3037721169_55e05b5aff_o.jpg

3038559812_c2c2ef59cd_o.jpg

3038559866_cdd4a6cb74_o.jpg

found one pic only :cry:

a-DSC_4081-1boyinnetlf.jpg

Last edited:
see some familiar faces from the other countries..
nice.. a pity i cant make it this year.. :(

1) Sunrise HDR at AngkorWat
3038348014_e1dde18772.jpg

2) Sneekshot of Madoca
3038099682_e01a3a4031.jpg

3) River Dipping!
3037236565_034437f23a.jpg

4) Stone Carving
3037264315_b4dedcb71d.jpg

5) Sunset at Angkor Wat
3037346429_dcdb751a07.jpg

Status