creative respond to ipod shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
therat said:
U should print out and sent a letter address to him.
I don't think he got the time to read Clubsnap.
And I don't think any of his staff dare to print this out for him to read.
May be had.. who knows... :devil:
i have a friend working in Creative.....i will ask him to read it out LOUD to Mr Sim. And I am very sure Mr Sim should know what is happening to the market and why his so called players is selling so well. Hehe...... :bsmilie:

eel said:
Having more features doesn't necessary mean better value. The FM and voice recorder may not work well so having them may not be useful - why pay for something that is not useful? Also, good design and ease of use is very important.
very true....very very true! :thumbsup:

madmacs said:
hey back from your trip already?

actually everyone keeps pitting apple against creative, but i dont really see creative as a real competitor at the moment - at least not till sim puts his creative thinking hat back on the one i am more wary of is sony. if you look at the vaio range and the upcoming music/media players, they put a lot of thought of into their design. lets see what the future hold
no lar not back yet. still on assignment.

Apple product are not for designers and stylish people only but it's also user friendly. For example, the iPods are designs so that you only need to use your thumb to control it. I just went to Japan recently, the iPods are selling like hot cakes over there. There are plenty of mini HDD MP3 players but none can match iPods at the moment. I have seen the Sony HDD MP3/Movie players which looks impressive but lacks the ommp! My 0.005 cents worth of comment! Hehe....have a nice day!

Hi Therat,

I guess that's the problem... if none of his staff dares to show him the stuff that I wrote, then our worst fears are realized... he's not listening to feedback from the ground. I do believe he's quite a smart person, but whether he chooses to hear what people are saying is a matter of ego. I'm sure he knows what's going on, but whether he wants to take feedback into account or continues what he personally believes is the crux. At his level, it's a tough decision! His staunch belief in soundcards 15 years ago brought Creative to where it is today, so his trust in his own judgement must be very strong. Sometimes listening to others may lead to a medicore judgement, while sometimes it's a life-saver. Nobody knows but everyone can comment in hindsight... as a small entrepreneur myself I can fully emphatize with Mr. Sim, even though in terms of scale I'm a shrimp comparing to the whale! :bsmilie:

Neo said:
Hi Therat,

I guess that's the problem... if none of his staff dares to show him the stuff that I wrote, then our worst fears are realized... he's not listening to feedback from the ground. I do believe he's quite a smart person, but whether he chooses to hear what people are saying is a matter of ego. I'm sure he knows what's going on, but whether he wants to take feedback into account or continues what he personally believes is the crux. At his level, it's a tough decision! His staunch belief in soundcards 15 years ago brought Creative to where it is today, so his trust in his own judgement must be very strong. Sometimes listening to others may lead to a medicore judgement, while sometimes it's a life-saver. Nobody knows but everyone can comment in hindsight... as a small entrepreneur myself I can fully emphatize with Mr. Sim, even though in terms of scale I'm a shrimp comparing to the whale! :bsmilie:

whether anyone dare to show him the stuff.. I don't know...
but for me... no way... dead dead will not go to his office... :nono: :nono: :nono:
may be Pro Image friend brave enough..

Pro Image... pls let me know whether ur friend willingly/bravely to show him.

Normally liks most company, most of staff don't dare to approach the BIG boss .. unless you are very senior or know him personal long long time ago....

therat said:
whether anyone dare to show him the stuff.. I don't know...
but for me... no way... dead dead will not go to his office... :nono: :nono: :nono:
may be Pro Image friend brave enough..

Pro Image... pls let me know whether ur friend willingly/bravely to show him.

Normally liks most company, most of staff don't dare to approach the BIG boss .. unless you are very senior or know him personal long long time ago....

already asking him to read it out loud! :bsmilie:

jealous bugger.

if the idea is 4 years old and Creative has been doing that during all that time, then why haven't they dominated that market then with a friggin 4-year headstart? and now Apple's just gonna gobble it up.

stupid.

i love my iPod. :heart:

Just to share a true story of mine.

I brought a Creative 5G MP3 player. After few hours of using, it's firmware hang and could not start up anymore (not even after power off and on again).

Went to Creative and got a one to one exchange. The next day , it got the same problem. Out of anger , I took out the CF card and throw the MP3 player away. :devil:

Got a new Apple iPod 40G and is very happy with it. At least it still function well for the past few weeks :)

Best of all, I was a support staff in Creative for few years and had told my ex-colleagues who are still in Creative. We all just shake our head and laugh :sweat:

eel said:
Having more features doesn't necessary mean better value. The FM and voice recorder may not work well so having them may not be useful - why pay for something that is not useful? Also, good design and ease of use is very important.

how u know the recorder and FM don't work well? :sticktong

a camera should just be a camera. a radio should just be a radio.
a car should just be a car. likewise, an mp3 player should just be an mp3 player.

too many cooks spoil the broth. ;)

Saw a couple of iPod shuffle a few days ago... boy, say anything you like.

It will sell, and sell it will. ^^

Waffle said:
a camera should just be a camera. a radio should just be a radio.
a car should just be a car. likewise, an mp3 player should just be an mp3 player.

too many cooks spoil the broth. ;)

then what about iPod Photo? :sticktong

it is player and photo? then the broth is spoilt? :p

oeyvind said:
Saw a couple of iPod shuffle a few days ago... boy, say anything you like.

It will sell, and sell it will. ^^

I am looking for a digital player too...so far, i find iPod mini lovely but i am afraid that it is disc based and if i jog, will the harddisk spoilt after a few months? :think:

thus, i may want to get a flash-based player but one thing i dun like about Shuffle is that i tend to like to play to select songs in the sequence i like or i suddenly want to listent to that particular song and dun like the player to dictate what I want to listen ...

then just select the songs u want in sequence when u set your songs in the iTunes playlist and load it into ur iPod shuffle, there IS an option to play ur songs in sequence as you laid out, it's not just shuffle.

reg. the iPod Photo... seriously, u think it's really all that useful to have a tiny gallery there?

OH OH! since we're talking about Creative here, did you hear about the brand new Zen Micro Photo? IT'S SO DARN CREATIVE I TELL YA.

Waffle said:
then just select the songs u want in sequence when u set your songs in the iTunes playlist and load it into ur iPod shuffle, there IS an option to play ur songs in sequence as you laid out, it's not just shuffle.

reg. the iPod Photo... seriously, u think it's really all that useful to have a tiny gallery there?

OH OH! since we're talking about Creative here, did you hear about the brand new Zen Micro Photo? IT'S SO DARN CREATIVE I TELL YA.

so for iPod Shuffle, I can even jump to the song i want? like a normal discman whereby i can press the -> key to jump to the next song?

pardon me, bcos i am not an owner of any digital player in my whole life! :sweat:

Paul_Yeo said:
so for iPod Shuffle, I can even jump to the song i want? like a normal discman whereby i can press the -> key to jump to the next song?

pardon me, bcos i am not an owner of any digital player in my whole life! :sweat:

that is correct. the shuffle has a switch at the back to let you choose to play the song in random order or playlist order. playlist order will be set in itunes prior to transfer to shuffle. On the front you have buttons to skip to next or previous song. soooooo.......can buy? :)

Paul_Yeo said:
then what about iPod Photo? :sticktong

it is player and photo? then the broth is spoilt? :p

but its not a player and a camera mah...just display photo only. ;p

Waffle said:
jealous bugger.

if the idea is 4 years old and Creative has been doing that during all that time, then why haven't they dominated that market then with a friggin 4-year headstart? and now Apple's just gonna gobble it up.

stupid.

i love my iPod. :heart:

cos creative have been sitting on their backsides instead of creating. got caught with their pants down and now desperately looking for toilet paper. time for them to quick slacking and get back to work :sticktong

madmacs said:
cos creative have been sitting on their backsides instead of creating. got caught with their pants down and now desperately looking for toilet paper. time for them to quick slacking and get back to work :sticktong

eh lunch time now hah?

they are working actually but totally no idea what ideas they are creating........:bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:
Ipod shuffle is below 200 bucks, really cheap lo... ;)

is it selling NOW? maybe later i go Apple Shop @ Funan the IT Mall to buy ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.