CPU Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLS? good luck. ppl there will mostly say this spoilt that spoilt then ask yuo buy this new buy that new.

lil_princess said:
Haha... Didnt go online, busy with visiting relatives and friends collect hongbaos and enjoying myself outside (its my sch vacation now).... how to see my thread. I never disappear... But thanks for all the suggestions.

When I saw alechim's suggestion that day, I told my dad to use Singer oil. He removed the button for me and put the oil, but no it didnt work!

When I came home yesterday, I saw that the CPU is not at home already, I thought my mum brought it to HP to repair or what. End up she called me to tell me she's in SLS, in her friend's son's friend's shop. She said that the person said that there was a power shock or something, and got virus... Trying to retrieve all my stuff in the hard disk. If really cant retrieve, have to get a new hard disk.

Mine's a HP. And yes, before this incident, the button sometimes when pressed, didnt bounce back but stuck there. DARN IT if my hard disk is a goner, cos I've got lots of my photos that are of me inside that hard disk! And I have no backup copy of it!!!
Wah so helpful... got virus... :think: I think the person might be accessing ur data now and going through it :nono:

lil_princess said:
Trying to retrieve all my stuff in the hard disk. If really cant retrieve, have to get a new hard disk.

Jia liat :sweatsm: .. even if you format the whole hard disk .. we are still able to retrieve data and images from the HDD .. :devil:

lil_princess said:
Im not the one retrieving.. they are the ones leh....

Hahaha .. maybe they find nice photos of you and keep for private collection ..hehhehe :devil:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Hahaha .. maybe they find nice photos of you and keep for private collection ..hehhehe :devil:

Or may end up at some websites or VCDs. Good luck L.P. :think:

look like going to be "chop carrot head" :bsmilie: .....
People there will probably suggest to get a new PC.

jeffhiew said:
Or may end up at some websites or VCDs. Good luck L.P. :think:

Thanks ar.. thats not comforting words.....

I just called my mum. She said that the hard disk is already at home. And my parents were watching whatever the guys were doing to the cpu yesterday. So I'm relieved that that no copying of my photos were done! *phew*

So I've got a new HDD already! Great... cos my prev HDD has so little space mannz! My mum was shocked that the parts in the CPU are not HP one. When we were buying a comp back then, I told her I wanted to assemble one myself. She refused, scared that the parts I may be getting is no good one or what. My mum goes for the branding.... Till she saw whats inside of the HP CPU yesterday,

lil_princess said:
So I've got a new HDD already! Great... cos my prev HDD has so little space mannz! My mum was shocked that the parts in the CPU are not HP one. When we were buying a comp back then, I told her I wanted to assemble one myself. She refused, scared that the parts I may be getting is no good one or what. My mum goes for the branding.... Till she saw whats inside of the HP CPU yesterday,

/me open my HP PC casing

I saw a Lite-on DVD writer, a western digital hard disk, a Intel network card, an ATI graphic card and Samsung RAM!!

the only HP label that i can find is on the casing itself.

Actually this is pretty normal, HP get all these OEM parts to assemble this PC because they dont make all these parts themselves.

Since you have paid extra for the additonal after sales service, you should have make full use of it and
brought the PC back to HP. U will get better support and free parts/labour if still under warranty.

lil_princess said:

I just called my mum. She said that the hard disk is already at home. And my parents were watching whatever the guys were doing to the cpu yesterday. So I'm relieved that that no copying of my photos were done! *phew*

How did they transfer your data to the new hard disk? :think: :D

lil_princess said:
nope totally crashed. hard disk is at home. new hard disk contains nothing at all. ALL my photos that i kept in my hard disk are all GONE.....:cry:

really that bad? plug into your pc & see if it pass thru the bios, if it does, there is still a chance thou...

lil_princess said:
nope totally crashed. hard disk is at home. new hard disk contains nothing at all. ALL my photos that i kept in my hard disk are all GONE.....:cry:

it can still be recovered ... :)

lil_princess said:

defintely can be recovered unless the hd is totally trashed. :)

lil_princess said:

Plug in a HDD, ghost, viola, all images copied :D

lil_princess said:
If and ONLY IF the images are VERY important... consult - www.cbltech.com, not cheap tho' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.