[Comparison] LEE Big Stopper vs B+W ND110

Hi there, can users of LEE big stopper clarify if it is necessary to cover the viewfinder? If i remembered correctly I read from somewhere that since the mirror flips up during the shot, there will be no light coming in from the viewfinder. I think there had been previous posts related to this but not sure if there was any conclusion :dunno:.

Yes you can custom preset your WB but I'm not sure if the amount of adjustment is the same for different scenes.

Not only users of LEE Big stoppers but for landscape photographers, it is recommended to cover the viewfinder.

http://www.better-photographs.com/landscape-photography.html

"31. Cover the viewfinder of your camera if your face is not close up to it at the moment of exposure. Sometimes stray light can enter the metering system and distort correct exposure often by as much as a stop! Beware!"

Make it a good habit to cover your viewfinder.

After using my Lee Big Stopper for a month, I just realised there's a slight chip on it. Damn aggro after seeing it. :angry: Too bad the blue cast didn't help 'cool' me down.

After using my Lee Big Stopper for a month, I just realised there's a slight chip on it. Damn aggro after seeing it. :angry: Too bad the blue cast didn't help 'cool' me down.

i dropped my tianya. it chipped:cry:

Hi there, can users of LEE big stopper clarify if it is necessary to cover the viewfinder? If i remembered correctly I read from somewhere that since the mirror flips up during the shot, there will be no light coming in from the viewfinder. I think there had been previous posts related to this but not sure if there was any conclusion :dunno:.

Yes, by right.

By left, not every camera model has this done to the point where for 30 seconds or 2 minutes there will be no light straying in. It differs from camera model to camera model.

You didn't think they made those viewfinder covers because they had nothing better to do, did you?