comparison between canon 550d and 600d

Sorry bro. I not sure but I think so. Cos according to the brochure if u purchase 550D it will be 299.

Oh bt I got 60d as well and get the lens pwp at 299

Can I ask, 55-250 is it got only 1type?
I got mine pwp at havary norment 299 only

There is only one Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens. There are a couple of reasons you got yours cheaper,

1) Harvey Norman's own promotion,
2) The salesman in Harvey Norman make a mistake.
3) The point of time you buy your lens, there is a promotion by Canon because now and then, Canon would come out with very attractive PWP pricing for all their camera.
4) You bought during the Great Singapore Sales whereby there are special pricing for Canon's product (no matter which shops you bought your camera from).

There is only one Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens. There are a couple of reasons you got yours cheaper,

1) Harvey Norman's own promotion,
2) The salesman in Harvey Norman make a mistake.
3) The point of time you buy your lens, there is a promotion by Canon because now and then, Canon would come out with very attractive PWP pricing for all their camera.
4) You bought during the Great Singapore Sales whereby there are special pricing for Canon's product (no matter which shops you bought your camera from).

I see though how come there a price different on the same lens wif same pwp promo, think must be their in house promo.

Maybe 600D & 1100D is out so they want to to push 550D clear the stock asap.

I read the EF-S 55-250mm is coming up with a refresh. If you are the kind of 'I want latest make' person, I suggest u to get a couple of months later? :)

guys mind if i ask the following lens, which scenery are they suitable for?

1. canon EF 75-300 III USM
2. EF-50mm f1.8
3. EF S55-250 IS

and lastly, does these lens come in auto focus? thanks.

2. EF-50mm f1.8
3. EF S55-250 IS

Yes all have autofocus. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scenery' but if you are looking at taking landscape, you should get a wider lens. The kit lens actually does it. The lens you mentioned are more for telephoto (75-300 and 55-250) and portrait (50mm). My 2 cents worth :)

2. EF-50mm f1.8
3. EF S55-250 IS

Not too sure what you mean by which scenery....

but the following scenery was shot on a 55-250 @146mm

and this @250mm

Not sure if it ans part of ur qst..

2. EF-50mm f1.8
3. EF S55-250 IS

I think it's pretty hard to estimate what kind of scenery to shoot? Suitability of each lens in shooting a scene depends on each individual scenario and each individual user, and there are many ways of using a telephoto like a 75-300 or a 55-250. Anyway typically the 75-300 and 55-250 are often used to shoot distant objects (like birds or any far away things you could possibly imagine?). Between these two I find he 55-250 superior due to IS, at such a long focal length IS is important for handheld shots, unless you use a tripod all the time. 50mm 1.8 is a large aperture lens, so people usually use it for low light shots? However, I'd like to emphasize again that how you use these lenses really depends on the photographer, you can't define it with suitability of scenery.

Hope that answers your question! :)

2. EF-50mm f1.8
3. EF S55-250 IS

First... there is no definite answer to what the lens are used for... what scenary and whatnot... the type of pic however can be found readily online with a simple googling.

And yes... all these lens come with AF.

Yes all have autofocus. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scenery' but if you are looking at taking landscape, you should get a wider lens. The kit lens actually does it. The lens you mentioned are more for telephoto (75-300 and 55-250) and portrait (50mm). My 2 cents worth :)

sorry. i have no idea what words to put, i just wanna find out what kind of shooting (like potrait, land scape, sport, etc) are those lens meant for? by the way what is telephoto? thanks.

Not too sure what you mean by which scenery....

but the following scenery was shot on a 55-250 @146mm

and this @250mm

Not sure if it ans part of ur qst..

thanks. it does help me. now i think i know that lens EF-50mm f1.8 only meant for near distant shot. thanks. :)

I think it's pretty hard to estimate what kind of scenery to shoot? Suitability of each lens in shooting a scene depends on each individual scenario and each individual user, and there are many ways of using a telephoto like a 75-300 or a 55-250. Anyway typically the 75-300 and 55-250 are often used to shoot distant objects (like birds or any far away things you could possibly imagine?). Between these two I find he 55-250 superior due to IS, at such a long focal length IS is important for handheld shots, unless you use a tripod all the time. 50mm 1.8 is a large aperture lens, so people usually use it for low light shots? However, I'd like to emphasize again that how you use these lenses really depends on the photographer, you can't define it with suitability of scenery.

Hope that answers your question! :)

thanks. it answer my doubt. by the way, am i right to say EF 75-300 III USM len does not have image stabilization? which mean if i taking photo without use of tripod, there might be a high chance the image come out to be blurry? and compare to 55-250, 75-300 can shoot more distant object? thanks.

Last edited:
First... there is no definite answer to what the lens are used for... what scenary and whatnot... the type of pic however can be found readily online with a simple googling.

And yes... all these lens come with AF.

thanks.

sorry. i have no idea what words to put, i just wanna find out what kind of shooting (like potrait, land scape, sport, etc) are those lens meant for? by the way what is telephoto? thanks.

Telephoto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephoto_lens

I noticed you have been asking questions without hands on with the camera and lens. The truth is you can't learn much without hands-on. If you are willing to make a dive now I highly recommend you to start with any DSLR model with kit lens and 50mm f1.8. Learn the basics and everything will be clearer. And google for more information. We all start from somewhere. Internet has made it easier :)

There is no fixed rule when it come to type of lens and focal length you should use. But here is a general guide...

Focal Lengths* Lens Type Photography Type
Less than 20mm Extreme Wide Angle Architecture
21mm - 35mm Wide Angle Landscape
35mm-70mm Normal Street and Documentary
80mm-135mm Medium Telephoto Portraiture
135mm-300mm Telephoto Sports and Wildlife
Greater than 300mm Super Telephoto Wildlife

Last edited:
Telephoto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephoto_lens

I noticed you have been asking questions without hands on with the camera and lens. The truth is you can't learn much without hands-on. If you are willing to make a dive now I highly recommend you to start with any DSLR model with kit lens and 50mm f1.8. Learn the basics and everything will be clearer. And google for more information. We all start from somewhere. Internet has made it easier :)

thanks. i agreed and also believe i need to hand on first. so maybe after i get my DSLR soon, then any doubt i would seek help here. :)

There is no fixed rule when it come to type of lens and focal length you should use. But here is a general guide...

thanks. it's help. :)

by the way guys, sorry to ask your these.

1. cus canon got this promotion, a purchase with purchase EF 55-250mm IS lens for only $299 for 550D. is there other brand lens with the same spec (EF 55-250mm IS) that cost less than $299? thanks.

2. then would your guys get a 75-300mm III USM lens instead of EF 55-250mm IS lens? thanks.

i apologise if the above questions sound noob. sorry.

Actually, the lenses can be used for many more purposes...Essentially, any lens can be used for virtually any purpose, it's a matter of how you use it

Focal Lengths (35mm equivalent)* Lens Type Photography Type (non-exhaustive)
Less than 20mm Extreme Wide Angle Architecture, exaggerated portraits, environmental portraits, documentary, landscape
21mm - 35mm Wide Angle Landscape, Architecture, exaggerated portraits, environmental portraits, documentary
35mm-70mm Normal Street and Documentary, portraits, documentary
80mm-135mm Medium Telephoto Portraiture, detailed landscapes/architecture
135mm-300mm Telephoto Sports and Wildlife, detailed landscapes/architecture, portraits