comparison between canon 550d and 600d

SkyStrike said:
No prob, 18-135 should suffice as a walkabout lens till you learn about your favorite focal length and limitations of current lens before you upgrade to the next :)

*I still dislike the 55mm end of the 18-55, too short for me....sigh*

Get the 18-135! BBB! Hahaha...

Get the 18-135! BBB! Hahaha...

Got a couple of "candidates"
1) 17-50 (I find it too short....the f2.8 is tempting)
2) 28-75 (feels good, at f2.8 also, but lose wide end of 17 -.-)
3) 17-70 (variable aperture....)
4) 15-85 (expensive and also variable aperture)

Sigh....Was considering a low light lens...prob only 1 and 2 will fit in.

SkyStrike said:

Goes to show that there's no perfect lens. We'll just have to keep investing n BBB!
N yup, f2.8 is really poisonous!

Goes to show that there's no perfect lens. We'll just have to keep investing n BBB!
N yup, f2.8 is really poisonous!

Need to upskill before can cont bbb lar, else the bbb is not justified....*I don't like to buy white elephants too...*

SkyStrike said:
Need to upskill before can cont bbb lar, else the bbb is not justified....*I don't like to buy white elephants too...*

Hahaha! Good point! I'm now into reading books to learn the fundamentals of photography. Shooting is important, but understanding how everything works is also very important!

If in doubt, buy everything :bsmilie:

If in doubt, buy everything :bsmilie:

If you sponsor me, sure ;p

at the same time, running short of space in the dry cabi (I don't like tetris...may have to upgrade cabi if getting all of the above)

If you sponsor me, sure ;p

at the same time, running short of space in the dry cabi (I don't like tetris...may have to upgrade cabi if getting all of the above)

bro, think you need to update your anti virus soon =)

bro, think you need to update your anti virus soon =)

The bank statement is the best Anti Virus. :bsmilie:

Still taking my own sweet time to decide....Probably after certain events are over, I won't even be thinking of getting any of those listed. For the above listed, I guess it's just impulse buying if I get it just to cover 1 or 2 event before it sleeps in the cabi. May eventually just rent it out to cover the event instead of buying it.

*Just like my 50mm f/1.8, only used when shooting products, else sleeping very soundly in my dry cabi*
last_piece.jpg

*thank god it's $125 only....*

haha me too wont be thinking of buying any more lens (trying)

quite happy with 18-105 haha STOP BUYING!!!!!! (for me), Others can BBB hahahaha

If you are using a long zoom like 55 250 I recommend raynox 150 instead.

Me too... The extreme magnification quite hard to use

Ya I've got 4 lenses.

As for the mm diffs, think of it this way. Picture urself standing at the door looking into a room. With a 18mm (wide angle lens), u can capture whatever u can see in the room.

Now standing on the same spot, u turn ur lens n zoom in to 55mm. Now what do you see on your cam? Only the windows. That's the narrow field of view (FOV) on a zoom lens. The higher the number, the closer u r zooming onto the subject.

Hope this is clear?

yup. thanks friend. your illustration make me even more clear. :)

No prob, 18-135 should suffice as a walkabout lens till you learn about your favorite focal length and limitations of current lens before you upgrade to the next :)

*I still dislike the 55mm end of the 18-55, too short for me....sigh*

well, i believe every lens have their own advantages. cheer. :)

I survived a trip to Krabi with 3 lenses. 11-16mm, 28-75mm, 70-300mm. It's all about planning. When u are with a group for walk abt, you tend to shoot more of people and things on the street, hence I kept my 28-75mm on while having my 70-300mm ready. When it's time for scenery, it's 11-16mm with 28-75mm as backup in case I want to isolate the subject. Going out of the country is not a common thing for me. I rather bring all than missing shots. On top of those, I'd a external flash and tripod on my bag almost all the time.