ClubSNAP Appeal for Server Funds through Gallery Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren said:
Donations

Since several members have brought up the topic of donating instead of subscribing, we just want to clarify that, as much as possible, we prefer members to subscribe rather than give an outright donation as we want to give back some benefits to contributing members. ....

Hi.

Have kind of been "hooked" onto this wonderful Forum ever since being introduce to it by my friend.

May I make a suggestion ... why not create an intermediate plan for eg. 50MB of storage space. That may prompt more members (and super newbies like me who do not need that much space) to sign up for gallery space instead of just donating.

Like to hear your thoughts before I decide between signing up and donating.

To all the mods and admins ... you've been great .... jia you!

Cheers.

catseye said:
Hi.

Have kind of been "hooked" onto this wonderful Forum ever since being introduce to it by my friend.

May I make a suggestion ... why not create an intermediate plan for eg. 50MB of storage space. That may prompt more members (and super newbies like me who do not need that much space) to sign up for gallery space instead of just donating.

Like to hear your thoughts before I decide between signing up and donating.

To all the mods and admins ... you've been great .... jia you!

Cheers.
ClubSNAP has gallery space...
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/

Check out the first post for upgrades to your gallery space if you're a paying member..

Hi +evenstar,

Sorry if I missed your point.

I do know about the CS gallery space as I am using the free 10MB.

I meant that today CS have the lowest (bronze) plan at $50/year for 100M and the free plan for normal members for 10M of space. I meant why not create an "intermediate" plan say for 50M of space at eg $20 to $30/year to cover the gap between the current lowest bronze and free gallery plan.

Cheers.

Well I think most importantly is to restraint forum users from posting big attachment photos in their thread and quoting the whole message when replying to someone in the future. These will relatively speed up the servers. If they want to post photos in the thread, can create a hyperlink(eg:link to gallery) for forum users to view it. Just my 2 cents of view.;)

Sorry but I don't think CS allows the users to attach any pic.

sumball said:
Sorry but I don't think CS allows the users to attach any pic.

Got lah, you can go, eg:buy and sell thread and see. You will know what I mean. I had PM you a example of desperate seller.

CS doesn't allow attachments to be posted - you may be seeing an example of a in-line linked picture.

wufan said:
Got lah, you can go, eg:buy and sell thread and see. You will know what I
mean. I had PM you a example of desperate seller.

I will subscribe a plan next year as I just started photography this year May therefore not much of photos for display.

However I have a little suggestion for us to discuss here, it may bring more funds faster.
How about Clubsnap organizes a photo competition? Participants may just pay a small fee of $10 to join the competition, and may win some prizes.... maybe top 3 prizes only. Prizes like tripods, lens cleaning kit, portable hdd for photo-storage......or others.

Any comments on that? ;)

From Account DBS Savings Plus
025-3-XXXXXX
Latest Available Balance S$XXXXXX.XX
To Account DBS Current
033-900667-0 Dragius
Amount S$50.00
Transaction Reference 428828505

Keep up the good work also at the same time i am not sure actually how to use the service?

Update:

As we have reached our target collection amount for the server, we have gone ahead and placed an order for the new server. The configuration ordered is a 1U rack-mounted Dual Xeon 3.0GHz server with 4GB of memory.

If everything goes smoothly (installation and testing), we will have the new server in place by end of next week.

Our heartfelt thanks and sincere appreciation goes out to all those who donated and subscribed as this would not have been possible without your help.

*Bows humbly*

:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: Weee...... Let's hope we get less congestion by next week....

I am new to ClubSNAP and really like the place. I am picking up photography as a hobby and would like to support ClubSNAP. I would like to contribute to the fund by signing up for a gallery plan even I do not need it now. Can someone tell me how to sign up for gallery plan?

;)

Ola said:
I am new to ClubSNAP and really like the place. I am picking up photography as a hobby and would like to support ClubSNAP. I would like to contribute to the fund by signing up for a gallery plan even I do not need it now. Can someone tell me how to sign up for gallery plan?

;)
We've hit the target already IIRC...

Ola said:

;)

PM any one of the moderators, e.g. Darren, he will help you. :)

I think CS is completely driven by a volunteer basis, and seriously any amount of money will help cover costs.

Just a suggestion .. If the members here were to contribute some of their photo instead of money and put up of microstock photo site .. it can bring in some decent amount as well.

Realised that the accessing speed has been quite good during peak hour (between 7pm - 12 MN), unlike in the pass, can't even access at night.:thumbsup:

I think the speed is slightly better as there is a change in the configuration as in each person's session will be logout about 5 mins of inactive. So that the server do not need to handle many sessions at any point of time.

I find it a bit hassle to relogin whenever i am logout. 5 mins for my opinon is too short.
Reference: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=157214

When the new server is installed, there should be a significant increase in the speed. :)

alwayschampion said:
I think the speed is slightly better as there is a change in the configuration as in each person's session will be logout about 5 mins of inactive. So that the server do not need to handle many sessions at any point of time.

I find it a bit hassle to relogin whenever i am logout. 5 mins for my opinon is too short.
Reference: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=157214

When the new server is installed, there should be a significant increase in the speed. :)
That is an incorrect assumption. Your browser cookies are set to timeout after 15mins of inactivity for ClubSNAP. To avoid having to relogin manually, just check the "Remember Me" checkbox.

The minor speed increases are probably due to the various tweaks and software upgrades that we have been making over the weeks. The new server is undergoing rigorous testing now and we hope to have it "going live" soon.

Appreciate everyone's patience with us as we work to improve the quality of access to ClubSNAP. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.