Club 1000D- TCSS part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,how many lightstands do I need to get?

Just for shooting family portrait ;)

*Had to edit the typo*

if personal use, why not try the following:

• Flashgun X 1
  • Wireless trigger X 1 ($50)
  • Shoot thru umbrella X 1 ($16)
  • Umbrella adaptor X 1 ($50)
  • Lightstand X 1 ($28)
  • Reflector ($55) with stand (use chair/tripod, improvise?) X 1
  • Mahjong paper as backdrop

If you already have a flashgun, I'm sure this setup wouldn't cost you more than $250.

Prices taken reference from tagotech website. I'm not endorsing the company but it's easier to take reference from their website.

If you're on a greater budget, consider shooting in a brighter area & you'll probably be able to make do with reflectors. You could also consider replacing reflectors with the reflective car sunshade, much cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
theres so many variations of lighting set ups, there's no sop on how many lights you need. Whats your current set up right now?

I intend to get a studio equipment which I can afford and is must cheap and good but I don't use everyday.if not my electric bill goes sky high.

Hi brothers,how to make a copy of music photograph?

I intend to get a studio equipment which I can afford and is must cheap and good but I don't use everyday.if not my electric bill goes sky high.

since u already know u arent going to use it everyday why bother? Speedlights can do the same thing studio lights can do. Maybe you wanna read this first before you decide.

since u already know u arent going to use it everyday why bother? Speedlights can do the same thing studio lights can do. Maybe you wanna read this first before you decide.

no mah...he can always pass it to me...;)

wanna get one for myself lor...but leh.. no $$$ and no space...:bsmilie:

i guess May is quite hectic with outings being organise overlapping each other. These are the outings.

A) 1st May 2009 (Morning to Afternoon)
- Outing to Pulau Ubin with 450D people.
Namelist:
1) Fedodedo

B) 16th May 2009 (Morning to Afternoon)
- 1000D Outing to Pulau Ubin, for those of you who cant make it on the 1st.
Namelist:
1) emotic

C) 16th May 2009 (Late Evening to About 10pm)
- Motorcross Stunt (FMX) outing at Flyer organised by me (haven put up details)!
Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) dev2k8 (TBC)

Update your names here!

you have to understand, with studio products, there is no such thing as cheap and good. you either want it cheap or you want it good.

do you intend to shoot indoors all the time? if not, speedlights are the way to go for portability.

i guess May is quite hectic with outings being organise overlapping each other. These are the outings.

Namelist:
1) Fedodedo

Namelist:
1) emotic

- Motorcross Stunt (FMX) outing at Flyer organised by me (haven put up details)!
Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) dev2k8 (TBC)
3) Haslan

Update your names here!

Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) sleepytiti

Namelist:
1) emotic
2) sleepytiti (TBC)

Namelist:
1) Fedodedo
2) Haslan
3) dev2k8 (TBC)
4) sleepytiti (TBC)

Update your names here!

Wa... very confusing nw! :dunno: Definitely 1 2 support our own outing but hv 2 see my sch schedule first. :think: 1st May, I comfirm can make it.

By d way, bro Emotic i hv received d photos. Thk alots.... ;)

Hi guys,

newbie here. Was invited to a gathering by a couple of bros here but could not make it due to study commitments. Unfortunately exams not over til 12 May...

Just wanna ask if anyone can explain to me why when I use a cirular polarizer (Hoya) on my kit lens the sky looks as though it is cloudy even though it was darn sunny that day! Was using the polarizer to get rid of glare from the vehicles...

I know will need to post my pics, unfortunately am in the office..so will do it once I get home =)

i did notice, but the thing is, my skies look grey instead of blue...it was really hot and sunny, but the skies in my pics look as though it was gonna rain!...

basically grey skies and no hint of sun..been experiencing this since I have tried on the polarizer...

i did notice, but the thing is, my skies look grey instead of blue...it was really hot and sunny, but the skies in my pics look as though it was gonna rain!...

basically grey skies and no hint of sun..been experiencing this since I have tried on the polarizer...

Try rotating the CPL till you get blue skies?

From what I read on my own, a polarizer can be used to reduce reflections or glare, as well as make clouds more visible. I just didn't know it would affect the colour or exposure..

From what I read on my own, a polarizer can be used to reduce reflections or glare, as well as make clouds more visible. I just didn't know it would affect the colour or exposure..

It will affect, if you don't use it properly.
Exposure-wise, all filters will reduce exposure to a certain extent.
Read up more on how the CPL functions.
Try this very basic info.

Status
Not open for further replies.