Canon PowerShot G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with it?? Mind to share?
i've just bought it as my christmas present yesterday..

ah, the main reason that it's still quite big to my liking as I need an all around camera that I can put conviniently in my pocket (tired bringing 30D around for a casual need).

2ndly, the high ISO noise is unacceptable IMO as I'm quite often shoot indoor, so an all around camera with good ISO performance is important to me.

I'm eyeing on either f31fd or ricoh GRD.

anyway, the Face detection on G7 works very well.
I think it is important when in case u want someone to take pics for you. ;)

ah, the main reason that it's still quite big to my liking as I need an all around camera that I can put conviniently in my pocket (tired bringing 30D around for a casual need).

2ndly, the high ISO noise is unacceptable IMO as I'm quite often shoot indoor, so an all around camera with good ISO performance is important to me.

I'm eyeing on either f31fd or ricoh GRD.

anyway, the Face detection on G7 works very well.
I think it is important when in case u want someone to take pics for you. ;)

:) Thankz...
BTW.. have any good pics by G7 to show?? hehe...

Hi Sub,

I would advise you to email to canon sg (there is a form on their website) with your question. They will probably reply within a few days. Can you share with us once you find out the info from Canon? Thanks!

Hi friends,
Canon replied as below......
That particular case SC-DC50 you're referring to must be a different one 'cos different countries choose to make their camera cases differently. It's released in Japan and Australia. We won't be bringing in that kind of case for the moment.... Apologies.

---------------
So now, looking for online shopping and international delivery. Too bad.

Hi friends,
That particular case SC-DC50 you're referring to must be a different one 'cos different countries choose to make their camera cases differently. It's released in Japan and Australia. We won't be bringing in that kind of case for the moment.... Apologies.

---------------

Thanks for the update, Sub! It is a nice case if you like this style. I remember my dad had a cam with a similar case a looong time ago. :)

Hi friends,

---------------

i've bought Crumpler <The Bundle> Size L as my camera case. quite nice... it cost me SD41.

i've bought Crumpler <The Bundle> Size L as my camera case. quite nice... it cost me SD41.

Nice! I bought the Medium sized Bundle. The L should be quite roomy.

Finally had my first outing yesterday with my G7. I have to say I am quite happy with it.

One thing I noticed was that the LCD viewfinder will turn a bit blue-ish after focussing (half press). I did read something about it before on DPReview. Anyone having this occur as well? I only noticed it when shooting outdoors. The picture itself will turn out fine, so eventually I did not get bothered by it too much.

The other thing is that I wished for a longer battery life. Although that is partly my fault since I forgot to charge the batteries fully before venturing out. But I think I will get a third set, just in case.

Otherwise I am very happy with the cam. Focussing speed is usually good. I especially like the dial for fast aperture / shutter / exposure control. Also the ISO dial is a gift from heaven. It really makes things so easy to control, that all you really have to worry much about is your composition.

Which doesn't mean my pics are that great mind you. I am just starting to try to take proper pics again after a long absence. My old cam was an S30 but such a pain to adjust the settings. Partly because of the very crappy 5 way controller.

This trip brought me from the singapore art museum to the National Museum of Singapore. It was a cloudy day, so quite tough not to get the sky over exposed. All pictures are straight from the camera with no cropping or post processing. Flickr just resized them.

Here are some of my favorite of the day. Please feel free to give your "constructive criticism".

337327395_47562be472.jpg

337326261_3d9f3d794a.jpg

337328486_1edc1d14dc.jpg

337328929_953cfd9ccf.jpg

You can check out the whole set at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/actjin/sets/72157594446257441/

May I know what is the Rear Mount Diameter (camera end) for the the canon lens adapter LA-DC58H ??

Anyone?

I like the look of this shot you have taken. the pattern and texture combo looks lovely.
However, it seems to be lacking a little in light contrast (though no fault of yours since you've said that its taken on a day with overcast sky).

Just a suggestion, may be its better if this shot is taken in a diagonal orientation, more interesting, more dynamic. Just my opinion though. :)

Just got my G7 last Sunday, still playing with it :)

Mine the LCD is showing a strong red / purple flare when shooting very bright object like lamps, or very bright sunny day :( But the result is normal, no flares.

Any G7 owners having some problem with the LCD? Try to shoot outdoor in bright sunny day, or point the lens to lamp.

Thanks! ;)

According to the Advanced User Guide (pg. 121), this is normal. As quoted in the manual, "...this is a normal occurance in devices containing CCDs and does not consititute a malfunction. This bar of light will not be recorded when shooting still photos, but it will be recorded when shooting movies".

The funny thing is I do not observe this in other CCD based digital camera. Perhaps this is more obvious with higher pixels CCDs.

I like the look of this shot you have taken. the pattern and texture combo looks lovely.
However, it seems to be lacking a little in light contrast (though no fault of yours since you've said that its taken on a day with overcast sky).

Just a suggestion, may be its better if this shot is taken in a diagonal orientation, more interesting, more dynamic. Just my opinion though. :)

Hi NE clicks clicks,

Thanks for your kind feedback! I think you mean something like this:

337328319_7afd27e781.jpg

Although I think I should have captured more of the pebbles than the green grass. :think:

According to the Advanced User Guide (pg. 121), this is normal. As quoted in the manual, "...this is a normal occurance in devices containing CCDs and does not consititute a malfunction. This bar of light will not be recorded when shooting still photos, but it will be recorded when shooting movies".

The funny thing is I do not observe this in other CCD based digital camera. Perhaps this is more obvious with higher pixels CCDs.

Yep, I read the paragraph in the User Guide too.

Like you I have also never noticed it so strong on my S30. But then again the LCD on my S30 in bright sunlight wasn't that good. Could that be the reason? (the excellent LCD that is still quite usable on a sunny day)

Status
Not open for further replies.