Canon PowerShot G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Photo sellin the Canon Powerhshot G7 at S$825
without GST...

I'm going today, Hope can get @ this price. Is this price come with free 512MB card???

The free 512 Mb Kingston SD card is Canon package (maybe only Canon Sgp), so all G7 in Sgp will come with it.

Please post some pics once you got it! Thanks :)

I'm going today, Hope can get @ this price. Is this price come with free 512MB card???

Note not to be misled by the confusing 'without GST', which actually means 'before GST'. You need to factor in the GST when purchasing.

Geez, I don't understand why anyone is still posting 'without GST' (it's Before, not Without) stuffs. Most locals will be interested in the prices after GST...

I went to Cathay and tried G7 with my own SD card. Very well build, Menu and buttons, the best so far, very ergonomic for the size.

So here is what I want to post here, the noise comparison of ISO 200 and 400, in 10Mp (L) and 5.9Mp (M1) resolution.

The 5.9Mp noise looks better, with less 'hot pixels', but not much :(

Here is full frame pic:
FullFrame.jpg

The comparison side by side:
G7_ISO200_ISO400_Comparison.jpg

Larger 100% crop of those pics:
ISO 200 10Mp
ISO 200 6Mp
ISO 400 10Mp
ISO 400 6Mp

Tried one - really like the vintage design, especially the shutter release! It's a throw-back to cameras of two decades ago.

Yet I'd personally go for an S3, seems more voluminous in your hands!

Wouldn't mind the G7 for a back-up camera, that's for sure.

Anybody who has bought G7 has 420EX flash? Is it compatible? Thanks!

Too bad this cam lack RAW & 28mm wide! But the looks is a awsome! :thumbsup:

Is the smallest aperture 4.8? Even at tele end? Curious about it, since my A70 can do F2.8 to F8 at wide end and F4.8 to F8 at tele end.

Is the smallest aperture 4.8? Even at tele end? Curious about it, since my A70 can do F2.8 to F8 at wide end and F4.8 to F8 at tele end.

Same as G7, f/4.8 is the "LARGEST" aperture at max tele. Aperture range at max tele : f/4.8 - f/8.0

Do you need high ISO or Hot Shoe? ;)

high ISO would be very nice...
Since I'll be using as my daily camera.
hmm.... Seems Fujifilm ISO still better than G7 huh? (FYI, I have 30D as well)

Is the IS on G7 really helpful to take night shots/indoor?

btw, I love the G7 looks. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.