Canon DSLR vs Nikon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canon=excellent on your pocket
Nikon=excellent lenses
Sony=Utter rubbish
Leica, Hasselblad=burning an oversized hole in your pocket

For your standard, I will strongly recommend Canon G12 PnS. Its point and shoot, but it has certain features of dslr (manual tuning, etc)

Personally I have my 400D, and I love it.

RIP..
You've got to be prepared to die making such statements..

dear Mr arikyeo, I thought you had your head screwed on properly, but judging from post #27, my conclusion is that it's not. If you continue pursuing this 'but what I stated are facts' line of argument, prepare to be challenged. Make sure you actually DO have the facts to back your claims.

This is a newbies corner, and newbies reading this might be going :confused:, so please think twice before you make another comment.

perhaps you need to check the dictionary about what the definition of 'fact' is.... :D

A fact is something that cannot be refuted.
What you are stating are your OPINIONS. Please don't confuse the 2...

I doubt those are honest opinions either heh, anyway. in life , decisions are made on the next best solution. There arent solve it all solutions.

Same for cameras . . . really not much point to compare.

Yeah, Brands doesn't matter. For example: when u saw a picture online or printed without any info stated, can you tell from which brands it came from? If you can tell then i will raise :thumbsup: to u... :bsmilie:

Cheers

Hi. I'm currently looking to buy a decent DSLR camera. I'm relatively new to DSLR cameras but getting one cos i'm upgrading from a simple point-and-shoot camera as i'm tired of getting blurred/photos of poor qualities. I'm comparing between Canon and Nikon DSLRs. Hope you guys can advise. Thank you :)

You have to understand the reason(s) behind a blurred or poor iq photo you getting with your pns. If not, chances you are getting same blurred photo with a dslr is quite high.

Photo taken with a powershot A700.
3952948373_d8dcaf9c56.jpg

Check out the review and photos taken with a nikon P7000.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777895

Nothing wrong with either canon,nikon,sony,pentax,olympus,panasonic,etc dslr.

Nikon=excellent lenses
Sony=Utter rubbish

For your standard, I will strongly recommend Canon G12 PnS. Its point and shoot, but it has certain features of dslr (manual tuning, etc)

FREAKING JOKE OF THE YEAR!!! :bsmilie: Kindly read the dictionary to understand facts and opinions. Obviously you're a fanboy of the 'bigger' brands.

BTW, good WTS ad you have there. VERY convincing.:bsmilie:

that WTS thread is also damn funny. First time I saw someone make such a spiel about something so old.
So 'convincing' that I almost wanted to whip out my phone and SMS the seller to arrange a deal! :D

In many ways, I really think he should go and work for John 3:16. I can imagine him at the counter, helping them sell their old stock of 400D cameras to unsuspecting tourists...

Nikon=excellent lenses
Sony=Utter rubbish

what a retarded brand whore you are

personally,based on your comments, i doubt your photographs are any good.

Yes, we certainly don't agree. Why not state, on a factual basis, why Sony is utter rubbish, why Canon is friendly on the pocket (despite having the most expensive bodies and lenses) and why you think Nikon has the best lenses? (despite professional reviews)

Please, state your facts. Right now.
When I attached a canon kit 1 (18-55) lens, and a Nikkor (18-55) kit lens with a canon adapter, set to the same focal length and aperture, the one taken with the Nikkor lens seems to be of higher quality, higher sharpness etc.. And for Sony, as soon as you buy a Sony, you'll have to buy everything proprietary. E.g: When you buy a Sony camera, you can't use SD/CF cards, which is a well-known format, you have to stick to their retarded Memory stick. Who needs another standard of cards that only 1 company uses? And for built-in image stabilisation, it isn't really useful because one eill get spoilt images when the IS is turned on and the camera mounted on a unmoving surface.

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really

now hassleblads and leicas are really, really flooding orchard road. :rolleyes:

Well, technically, almost all the advertisement posters were shot using hasselblads. So, technically, and on a very far limb here, he can list Hasselblad.

is that why you are trying to SELL it, because you love it? :bsmilie:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792787

i mean, if you think that the camera matters in your pictures that much, then yes, if i took pictures like this with the camera i would sell it too:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795170

:bsmilie:

When I attached a canon kit 1 (18-55) lens, and a Nikkor (18-55) kit lens with a canon adapter, set to the same focal length and aperture, the one taken with the Nikkor lens seems to be of higher quality, higher sharpness etc.. And for Sony, as soon as you buy a Sony, you'll have to buy everything proprietary. E.g: When you buy a Sony camera, you can't use SD/CF cards, which is a well-known format, you have to stick to their retarded Memory stick. Who needs another standard of cards that only 1 company uses? And for built-in image stabilisation, it isn't really useful because one eill get spoilt images when the IS is turned on and the camera mounted on a unmoving surface.

1. So you're basing this on the kit lens, the cheapest lens in any camera maker's line-up, using an adaptor?? Please lah, at least get your lens tests done properly, or read the professionally-done reviews. That's where you will get FACTS.
2. All Sony DSLR cameras accept SD cards and CompactFlash cards (CF in the higher-end models). So you have ZERO facts right. You obviously never even held a Sony DSLR.
3. No, you will not get spoilt images. There is a small chance that some long-exposure shots may not be as sharp as possible since the camera is still trying to look out for vibrations. FYI, Canon and Nikon also suggest turning off IS when mounted on a tripod.

so please, where are your FACTS???

from all that I can see, you only lapped up some garbage told to you by a salesperson trying to sell you an old 400D that nobody else wanted and you accepted it all as FACTS.

Last edited:

ooohhhh hee hee hee you are going to get Rashkae and a few other guys all fired up with these comments

infraction served to both TS (newbie advise: very bad form to start a C vs N anything thread in a photography forum) and to arikyeo (for flaming another brand openly )

Newbies read through this thread............ more than half the 'facts' stated here are more heresay or otherwise untrue.... do your research with care on the internet

thread closed.........

Last edited:
oh my goodness... THAT is what you're basing your opinion on?

So, Sony is an evil company for using a different memory card eh?
Is Apple evil because they created a different connetor :)o HOW DARE THEY???) to the previous dominant brands, Nokia and Sony Ericsson?

But nikkor also needs to turn off VR when mounted isn't it?

retarded memory stick??:cry: I tot they are pretty cool in this aspect.

image stabilisation isn't useful?? :bheart: Then how I can get tack sharp photo hand held?

Status
Not open for further replies.