Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an oversea friend who is coming to sg later this month, he keen to use this program to buy a new camera... he was wondering is there any gst refund if buying from the canon itself after trade in his old camera...
anyone knows?

i have an oversea friend who is coming to sg later this month, he keen to use this program to buy a new camera... he was wondering is there any gst refund if buying from the canon itself after trade in his old camera...
anyone knows?

it's not a refund per se as in the discount is dependent up the camera u return BUT ....
on the amount of $$$ that FIXED 21% discount off the RRP of the new camera that you intend to purchase

so best to ask your to narrow down a list of cameras he/she have in mind for the replacement and do the maths first ...

also, some other factors :
1) i dunno if being a tourist qualifies for this program ... but perhaps could be worked around by you helping out and claiming the camera is yours ... of cos that changes if your overseas friend is a Singaporean returning for the holidays lah :bsmilie:
2) not sure whether country of purchase of the trade-in camera comes into play ... perhaps others here can advise ...
3) even so, your friend might have to wait (depending on the camera of choice) before it is ready to be collected ... the program is not a on-the-spot cash & carry transaction ... will he/she still be in town when the camera becomes available for collection ?

Last edited:
he's an indonesian... he got business deal over here so every 1 or 2 months come over here one... so he's consider a tourist bah...

hi i jus email canon... and they say they do not have tis buy back program.... is it true???

Not true. I just went on Tuesday, and collected the camera on Thursday.

is the price realli 21% off RRP???

Yes. It is. 500D Kit II at $1,667 I have traded with. Canon's RRP for it is $2,1xx I think.

Kris ...
u should just pick up the phone and call Canon ...
just say u want to enquire abt the Upgrade Program ...
cos technically Canon is NOT buying the camera back from you ... (cos they were NEVER gonna give u cash for the camera that u brought in)
what the program is about is ... they are offering you a fixed % discount (21%) off the camera that you intend to upgrade to with the Canon camera that you are trading in with ...

and you only need to bring in your Canon camera ...
regardless of condition (working or faulty)
you also need not return the battery, charger, memory card ...

what you need to decide though is which camera u intend to upgrade to ...
cos there will be a $20 admin fee thereafter for EVERYTIME you decide to change the camera of choice

and also, the transaction is not on the spot ...
you will be informed as to when you can collect your new camera ...

Last edited:
Yes. It is. 500D Kit II at $1,667 I have traded with. Canon's RRP for it is $2,1xx I think.

outside selling $1850 for 500d kit 2, RRP is $2099.

for 500D kit II , so its $1850-1667 = 183 savings

anyway this sort of buy back program is also found in HP ... my HP printer spoiled, they say too old to fix (3 yrs) but offered me the latest model for $120 (new for that model is $290 in funan) .. seeing that it has better feature then my faulty one, i took up the offer

they even delivered to me free 2-3 days after confirming it via phone

can i upgrade my pns canon s60 to 500D and get this 21%?

So has anybody got the SX1 ... say after 21% less should be $770/- ?

On hand I 've got a flaky IXUS800 for the switch.

So has anybody got the SX1 ... say after 21% less should be $770/- ?

On hand I 've got a flaky IXUS800 for the switch.

I got mine for $714, hope it help:D

is canon ixus 55 with some vignetting problem on screen n peeling of silver paint eligible for the 21% discount if i wanna buy EOS500D?

is canon ixus 55 with some vignetting problem on screen n peeling of silver paint eligible for the 21% discount if i wanna buy EOS500D?

as mentioned ...
condition of camera traded in is a non-issue ...

Hi Guys, I tried to call them today. They told me that what they practice is that the camera has to be deem to be not economical to repair before the scheme is available.
I have an A70, a really old camera but it is still functioning. So I guess I cant do the trade up?

Please advise.

Hi Guys, I tried to call them today. They told me that what they practice is that the camera has to be deem to be not economical to repair before the scheme is available.
I have an A70, a really old camera but it is still functioning. So I guess I cant do the trade up?

Please advise.

sometimes when u call them, what they say is OFFICIAL so they will be very careful..

as i mentioned, all companies (HP, DELL etc) hv these programs .. when ur item is not feasible to repair, they offer u a cheap alternative to buy their latest one.. why they do this? Since u already there, they dont want u to go out and buy other competitor product WHILE they like showing u they CARE.. its all marketing and try to top their competitor to be #1 .. i get these offer whenver my printer spoil from HP (which is why i am using HP printer all these yrs, they keep on offering me cheaper replacement (as much as 50% off retail) whenever it spoils after warranty.

so ur A70.. its working..so u can simply just tell them it shut off all the time.. (something that they cannot really prove while ur 10 or 15 mins in CSC) .. what can they do? they also wont bother go investigate further as its a waste of time...

Hmm good idea. I guess I will go down later.

Status
Not open for further replies.