Canon 24-70 F2.8L IS

and i hope the price wldnt be so high e.g. 70-200 f/2.8L IS vs f/2.8 non-IS. but then again, IS as a standard might be a long time from today. the non-IS version serves as a cheaper alternative for those who don't have that extra 1k.

for my own opinion and my photoraphy IS not so much worth, if the speed to low, i will bump the ISO or using flash.
i hope canon will build 21-105/1.4 L someday :bsmilie:

I hope the rumour/news is true. Why?
So I can buy a secondhand MK1 for cheaper!

for my own opinion and my photoraphy IS not so much worth, if the speed to low, i will bump the ISO or using flash.

lol...i guess it may be possible...for $11,000?

Wonder if this "new" 24-70 IS will feature a plastic body as equivlient to the 100mm f2.8L to make things lighter....

Wonder if this "new" 24-70 IS will feature a plastic body as equivlient to the 100mm f2.8L to make things lighter....

wouldn't mind if it's as cheap as the 100 f2.8L! ;)

i think it wld be good. if rifles these days are made of engineering plastic, den why can't lenses too? its like sticking to steel helmets when kevlar is readily available.

Im expecting this to be a bit more expensive than the 70-200mm 2.8 IS.
I better start saving up.

i've got a bad feeling that canon is gonna significantly up their lens prices with all the mark II versions of their lenses. its a cause for worrying.

Im expecting this to be a bit more expensive than the 70-200mm 2.8 IS.
I better start saving up.

Yes maybe. Perhaps Canon will make the 24-70 f2.8 II and 24-70 f2.8 IS II. The current 24-70 is more expensive than 70-200 f2.8 non-IS. So the 24-70 IS may be more expensive than the 70-200 IS. But I don't know about Canon's pricing structure, especially since crop users may opt to get the 17-55 instead if the price difference is really so much.

Didn't see any zoom with aperture larger than f/2.8 so far and you want a f/1.4 zoom? You sure you are going to be able to hold this monster up without a monopod, tripod or a trolley?

What a year if all three of these come out... 14-24 f/2.8L, 24-70 f/2.8L IS & 70-200 f/2.8L IS II

Rob a bank, become a loan shark, die die must get these...

if all three are launched in 2010...it wld be a nice year for the zoom fans. i hope they launch more primes. like a replacement for 35 f/2. that wld be so sweet.

i highly doubt the 50 1.2 will be updated. it was only launched in 2007. canon has other L primes to update first. there were rumors that 1.4 may get the update though. and the 35L II is expected to be launched nxt yr too. that is the prime i will be watching.

i highly doubt the 50 1.2 will be updated. it was only launched in 2007. canon has other L primes to update first. there were rumors that 1.4 may get the update though. and the 35L II is expected to be launched nxt yr too. that is the prime i will be watching.

They don't follow that general rule... so you won't know until they release information.