Canon 1000D thread III! [general discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro Cakka,

Its really nice to know all of you humble people. In fact, I told Affan that I am impressed that you all chose to keep the 1000D name regardless of what model we upgraded to.

We will miss you this weekend, but I can always organise another with you and those who may miss out :bsmilie:

Rgds,
Thomas

thats my SIFU

got meh? me also a noob wor..

I see most of the pics posted much better than mine sia...:embrass:

450D club most like a BBB club.. :devil:

agreed. When first started out it was much better. =p That's why i seldom frequent it.

Anyway im an outsider to both clubs. hehehe.

wAHHH,,if merge, then it becomes 1450 D club..hahahaha...
wah once u say merge, its like politics already you know..hehehe.

Bro chakkan when u leaving singapore..wanna go shoot and drink again. fri nite maybe..hahaha

DRINKS ... dats music to my ears, will buzz you.

Originally Posted by rocfreaks
so here is the info.

What: Session on photograhy fundamentals I.
Who: Thomas will be teaching us.
For: All of us who is interested in understanding the power of black and white.
When: 150309, 1500hrs
Where: Thomas's place in Sengkang
Bring: Bring along yourself, 6 pictures which you took(any pictures lah). Can bring along your laptop...

8 people in a group...

1. Affan 1000D 92254410
2. De3pster 96433664
3. Fatah
4. sleepytiti (97422474)
5. Chooi Mei (choomee)
6. Haslan (91826646)
7. Just2ofus (91557023)

I'm in!

Originally Posted by rocfreaks
so here is the info.

What: Session on photograhy fundamentals I.
Who: Thomas will be teaching us.
For: All of us who is interested in understanding the power of black and white.
When: 150309, 1500hrs
Where: Thomas's place in Sengkang
Bring: Bring along yourself, 6 pictures which you took(any pictures lah). Can bring along your laptop...

8 people in a group...

1. Affan 1000D 92254410
2. De3pster 96433664
3. Fatah
4. sleepytiti (97422474)
5. Chooi Mei (choomee)
6. Haslan (91826646)
7. Just2ofus (91557023)

I'm in!
so i guess that brother thomas's class is now full... rocfreak, you can post it in the new thread when you see this.. btw. cakka.. be it 3 weeks or 5 weeks, it wont be that long. you know we'll still be here when you get back.. and drinks is a good idea.. say a night or two before you go off?

got to speak my mind before my long absence la. Skali when I come back you all expert and sombong oready ... how? I cannot always come running & crying to Bro Dev & Bro Ardaan with my stupid question !!!

Aiyoh.. Relax lah.. Young/old, noob/expert doesn't matter.. No question is a stupid question to any of us.. We're all learning together man.. The good thing about our club is, anybody who's got the knowledge has always been willing to share.. Long may it continue..

I'm not a Liverpool fan :devil:.. But in club 1000D, You'll Never Walk Alone.. ;)

Aiyoh.. Relax lah.. Young/old, noob/expert doesn't matter.. No question is a stupid question to any of us.. We're all learning together man.. The good thing about our club is, anybody who's got the knowledge has always been willing to share.. Long may it continue..

I'm not a Liverpool fan :devil:.. But in club 1000D, You'll Never Walk Alone.. ;)

Long live gunnersssssssss......hahahaha bang bang.

hey guys, i've uploaded some pics from yesterday's exausting zoo outing.. here's the link.. c&c pls..

Hey guys,

I was thinking of organizing a meeting or discussion on the subject of macro photography. 'Cos I think some of the members here are interested but are having problems finding useful/correct information with regards to doing it.

I only just started shooting macros on my camera for a month .. so I am definitely in no way an expert. But I think I spent quite some time READING about the subject and the equipment and techniques used (bo pian .. no creative eye .. so must learn all these tricks). My thoughts are we can find a place that is pretty well lit, with wifi, that we can sit down n talk about the topic without getting thrown out (fastfood places comes to mind). I can spend 10 minutes or so talking about what i learned/found out so far on the subject. The good thing is macro photography .. we can all sit down and take photo of the same french fry and it will still be relatively interesting (I don't have to indent white tigers!).

Then after that we can take some of the shots we took and run through the workflow I use to go from import of pictures to posting it on flickr. Will probably base it on DPP since that is free and available to everyone (yes guys open the CD that came with your cameras :D).

Thinking maybe 1-2 hours sometime in the evening ('cos I can't take that much time off from work in the day). Let me know if you are interested in something like dat so I can estimate the interest.

suggestions for date/time place would be gratefully accepted.

I don't mind joining up with the 450D.. or some other models/brands.... And i don't even mind if the person is using a point and shoot camera also... At least he/she is willing to learn. :) And as long as he/she don't feel inferior lah. Anyway, photography is photography. At the end of the day, its the pictures that count....

But i really hope that those beginners who are shy to come forward, to throw away their shyness and ask around for advice, tips, etc.

That way, we all can learn together. :)

Hey guys,

I was thinking of organizing a meeting or discussion on the subject of macro photography. 'Cos I think some of the members here are interested but are having problems finding useful/correct information with regards to doing it.

I only just started shooting macros on my camera for a month .. so I am definitely in no way an expert. But I think I spent quite some time READING about the subject and the equipment and techniques used (bo pian .. no creative eye .. so must learn all these tricks). My thoughts are we can find a place that is pretty well lit, with wifi, that we can sit down n talk about the topic without getting thrown out (fastfood places comes to mind). I can spend 10 minutes or so talking about what i learned/found out so far on the subject. The good thing is macro photography .. we can all sit down and take photo of the same french fry and it will still be relatively interesting (I don't have to indent white tigers!).

Then after that we can take some of the shots we took and run through the workflow I use to go from import of pictures to posting it on flickr. Will probably base it on DPP since that is free and available to everyone (yes guys open the CD that came with your cameras :D).

Thinking maybe 1-2 hours sometime in the evening ('cos I can't take that much time off from work in the day). Let me know if you are interested in something like dat so I can estimate the interest.

This is great and what we should be doing regularly. Common guys keep it rolling ..... bro Fatah, you been waiting for this right.

Hey guys,

Bro for macro photography, i feel that 'different is simplicity'... ;)

I don't mind joining up with the 450D.. or some other models/brands.... And i don't even mind if the person is using a point and shoot camera also... At least he/she is willing to learn. :) And as long as he/she don't feel inferior lah. Anyway, photography is photography. At the end of the day, its the pictures that count....

But i really hope that those beginners who are shy to come forward, to throw away their shyness and ask around for advice, tips, etc.

It will be a great idea.

Anyway, I will be organizing a fun challenge. See details here.

Interested, vote for the venue and PM me so that I can update the list. :)

agree regarding outings :thumbsup:

This is what I had in mind earlier, give the shy & timid newbie an alternate avenue to learn comfortably. I know this as Im one of them. We come from various background, one can be a noob in photography but we can learn other stuff that they know, especially those from the IT industry, well at least for 'Rough Neck/Blue Collor' like me who is pc illiterate.

cakka shy & timid you know.

It will be a great idea.

this is challenging.. :) I'm interested, but when is the date??

if this week and next weekend, i cannot lor.. :(

this is challenging.. :) I'm interested, but when is the date??

if this week and next weekend, i cannot lor.. :(

Date and time not confirm until a venue is decided by voting. Voting closes this Wednesday.

It will be a great idea.

wow ... another great start.
Somehow I have this feeling all these happening are planned .... to frustrate me:(

Bro Haslan; you suggested this sometime back.

Status
Not open for further replies.