Calling all Audiophiles : Recommendations on speaker cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dEthANGeL said:
How many of you here prefer neutral untainted sound?
Me...me... I like it a bit punchy though. Punchy, yet neutral. I have achieved this with my current setup. No intention of upgrading or spending any more $$$.

:bsmilie: i prefer totally neutral. Have also achieved this with my current setup no matter what material i throw at it, also have no intention to change... though tempted to get a EMC1 CD player to replace my current one. :sweat:

Wow seems like many clubsnappers have quite a good system at home eh! :thumbsup:

behyx said:
actually i'm very into rich, smooth mid tones with transparency, will the missions be too harsh and direct?

Mission 782s that I used listen too has what you need, just nice for a reasonable size of room, preferably medium size room like 4 Mtr x 4 Mtr or so, totally not suitable for big size room...if you want to go for that you should go for 783s or the old 753s and upgrade to a bigger Amp than your current MF.

As I said earlier, take your amp and cd player to audition with the Mission and you will be surprised with what you are missing!

sORe-EyEz said:
well, my Mission M71 were tame... :sweat:

or it is my whole system's character?...

M71 was designed to be used for Home Theatre System...it didn't get good review for straight audio stereo. The sound is a bit bright to some ears, you need to complement it with a good sub-woofer and biwire your amp to get full juice from it...Don't separate it too far away...about 1.5-2mtr apart will do to get a good soundstaging and away from the wall about 0.5-1mtr with slight toe-in....:cool: Good Luck.

kahheng said:
You made a good point about the character of most Missions.

I myself looking for that old Missions 753 floorstanders...if you recall those with 2 midrange, 2 woofers and 1 tweeters that blew your heart away with rock and jazz...:)

samn said:
I myself looking for that old Missions 753 floorstanders...if you recall those with 2 midrange, 2 woofers and 1 tweeters that blew your heart away with rock and jazz...:)

Those are hard to come by man :rolleyes:

My dad's set is using a pair of 733i rosewood and biamped :sweat: ... damn the details are clear! But the CDP is juz a lousy one (pioneer) and my amp, well a Yamaha AX-392 which is good enough.

behyx said:
Wow seems like many clubsnappers have quite a good system at home eh! :thumbsup:

Both of which are killer hobbies on the wallet :sweat: :rolleyes:

behyx said:
Yes, I wanna drool at all those fine systems! GPGT! ;p Used to be an audiophile last time too.

If you have some pics of your pride n joy pls post them here thanks!

behyx said:
Confession: I spent more $$$ on Hi-Fi than my photo gear. $850 for a 1 meter interconnect! I can buy a fancy carbon fiber tripod with that kind of dough.

Anyone got an Audiolab 8000A Mk II to sell? Need an amp for my bedroom setup.

photobum said:
Anyone got an Audiolab 8000A (black or gray) to sell? Need an amp for my bedroom setup.

Oh man .. this is hard to come by nowadays :rolleyes: ... i'm after their preamp and no one's dumping them out :cry:

Garion said:
Yes, I wanna drool at all those fine systems! GPGT! ;p Used to be an audiophile last time too.

If you have some pics of your pride n joy pls post them here thanks!

Oh my goodness! Talking about pictures, i don't think i've taken any photos of my setup when it's at it's pinnacle! Now that i've become a photographer, my system also shrunk already. Hahaha..

photobum said:
Anyone got an Audiolab 8000A Mk II to sell? Need an amp for my bedroom setup.

bro did u try to post a thread at echoloft.com buy/sell forum??

dEthANGeL said:
Oh man .. this is hard to come by nowadays
I saw one on sale recently. Very clean, BUT way overpriced. The seller refused to reduce.

behyx said:
Oh my goodness! Talking about pictures, i don't think i've taken any photos of my setup when it's at it's pinnacle! Now that i've become a photographer, my system also shrunk already. Hahaha..
Well not so bad as mine...I sold off my system already. :bsmilie: But at least took some pics of it before selling it off.

Garion said:
Well not so bad as mine...I sold off my system already. :bsmilie: But at least took some pics of it before selling it off.

NPNT! :sticktong :sticktong :bsmilie:

Garion said:
PAiseh to post leh, wait all laff at my system how? :bsmilie:

I'm sure nobody will.. Hehe come on! ;p

ok guys,

i'm getting my speaker cables tomorrow (friday)..

i've made up my mind to get the Canare.

So in LHS, approx how much is the Canare 4S11 per metre? And is it necessary (better) to terminate it with banana plugs? if so, how much is each plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.