Buying lenses from a dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is simple, but it may not be simple ALL the time. What if some sellers demand that I pay? That brings me back to the main objective

yes I returned everything that he had passed me.

then state the facts, factually. if what you present is accurate, you could convey:

(1) goods delivered were faulty in the first place
(2) therefore, you should not be held liable for any subsequent repairs as fault was pre-existing

if he persists further, just ignore him. :dunno:

you mean there is alternative source of action? if he gets nasty, makes threats, try to make sure you can capture it and submit to the police. this will help in a Restraining Order approach if it really gets too bad. but for a lens....? don't think so.

You want to know what to do if he asked for the repair (ie. a hypothetical situation), but you want to let the matter rest. :think: The statement doesn't seem to make logical sense.

Ultimately he did not ask you to pay. So what's the issue?

Furthermore, you can claim to have taken exquisite care of the lens, but unless you have proof of that, then as far as the record goes, the lens was deemed to be fine at the point of transaction, only after which a fault was discovered. In all honesty, you don't have much of a case.

Lastly, the "cool story bro" image annoys the hell out of me. All it tells me is that you are barely sincere about letting the matter rest.

Well, taking my own advice about presenting facts factually.... Here are the facts here for this thread:

(1) TS had started a thread titled "buying lenses from a dealer". ok, maybe he didn't pay much attention to the thread title.

(2) TS had presented these claims:

- He had not damaged the lens in any way
- Lens was viewed to be faulty
- Dealer gave full refund
- Dealer then updated him on state of repairs and shared with him costs incurred
- Dealer then shared with him that there was a possibility that he had damaged the lens
- TS then felt hurt, despite there was no demands for any payment from him

(3) TS then claims that he started the thread to find out what course of action to take if demand for payment was pursued.

Does (2) and (3) gel?

Here are my opinions:

(1) No, it seems to me that TS is just trying to cover up and do a switch to divert attention away from the fact that he had appeared to be unreasonable and oversensitive initially.

(2) If this is not the case, then TS needs to learn to express himself more clearly.

Cheers.

(1) No, it seems to me that TS is just trying to cover up and do a switch to divert attention away from the fact that he had appeared to be unreasonable and oversensitive initially.

Exactly what I thought when TS changed the subject to " how I should deal with this situation if he ask me for money for the repair of lens". I was like hmmmm :think:

AS I SAID, The lens only started to show signs of problems after awhile of usage, and when I tested the lens, it was only maybe 5mins? As he was in a rush to go off for a trip or something so the problems did not show.Yes I know I "accepted" it when I tested it but what happens in my case? Please read the post properly before shooting your mouth off.

- He had not damaged the lens in any way
- Lens was viewed to be faulty...

(2) If this is not the case, then TS needs to learn to express himself more clearly.

Night86mare,

TS let slip, accidentally or otherwise, that the lens only started to show signs of problems after awhile of usage. In other words, the lens was NOT viewed to be faulty. Whether a paltry 5 minutes or an hour was spent inspecting the lens, when the lens is deemed to be in good working condition then it is only fair to assume that problems arising after inspection are the responsibility of the subsequent user. I don't understand why TS keeps trying to blame the seller, unless it was true that the seller did sell a faulty lens- which of course, TS cannot ascertain because he only spent 5 minutes inspecting the lens.

With regards to your opinions (1) and (2), I agree. It seems like TS is being dishonest somewhere and is having to cover up for each lie with another one- his story seems more and more convoluted as time passes.

AS I SAID, The lens only started to show signs of problems after awhile of usage, and when I tested the lens, it was only maybe 5mins? As he was in a rush to go off for a trip or something so the problems did not show.Yes I know I "accepted" it when I tested it but what happens in my case? Please read the post properly before shooting your mouth off.

Little boy, say that to my face if u dare....

I already served an infraction to Jonathann for being unnecessarily rude to you earlier and you come up with this ???

Infraction served

Thread Closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.