Buying lenses from a dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS went disappear after he realise that no one support him despite his long essay. :bsmilie:

lame thread. Why cant he rant about the $5? Who cares if you are a student or even a beggar. Wake up your idea alright. 16 yr old PSLE student is it? better study hard. exams coming soon. Do not come here and practice your composition.

Last edited:
..... the only bad thing seller did was to scold/complain to you after the refund..... probably to sound his unhappiness that his lens came back spoilt (or MORE spoilt) .....and to get his $5 worth.....

$5 was for rear lens cap (is it because you forgot to return to him the rear lens cap???) .... have not even factor in his cost of fixing the lens

AND you DID mention

..... The night I bought it, I tested it out at night and there were some focusing issues with the lens. but thought to myself,....

YET YOU ACCEPTED THE ITEM knowing that there were focussing issues in the first place........ Kaozzzz!!!!! You really hang yourself with this statement my friend....

Last edited:
..... the only bad thing seller did was to scold/complain to you after the refund..... probably to sound his unhappiness that his lens came back spoilt.....and to get his $5 worth.....

at least seller didnt post here and whine to us;p

You are a 17 year old student.

So am I.

So let's talk, my friend.

The seller did nothing wrong. He smsed you about sending the lens to CSC as well as the $5 additional cost probably as a courtesy to update you on the repair of the lens. It is courtesy, he has nothing to gain ranting to you.

Exam stress, yes. I can understand. All students face it. But ranting without thinking shows a lack of patience and maturity. Grow up.

lame thread. Why cant he rant about the $5? Who cares if you are a student or even a beggar. Wake up your idea alright. 16 yr old PSLE student is it? better study hard. exams coming soon. Do not come here and practice your composition.

TS is in the wrong.

But this is crossing the line, surely.

TS is in the wrong.

But this is crossing the line, surely.

Looks like a 17 yrs old can think and express better and display more maturity than a 30 yrs old. :bsmilie:

Last edited:

I agree with candycaine, i think you are overstepping the line here, your comment is just plain rude.

Hey really apologize for starting this thread was a little harsh, and really apologize for ranting here. Anyway the seller has apologize for pushing the blame onto me and still thanked me for clarifying with him, and honouring his word, Kudos to him ;)

Also unlike other working adults who may earn a SALARY, I don't and my parents do not like to spoil us, so the lens(Although it may mean VERY cheap to you) meant a fair bit of amount to me. :sweat:

Just To Clarify:

I think I started this thread as I was in a little stress and his message didn't help. Also after the long travel time I took down to meet him, to travel back and forth(I don't drive yet) to meet him after school and was kinda disappointed that it was spoilt. SORRY BIG BOIIS :cool:

AS I SAID, The lens only started to show signs of problems after awhile of usage, and when I tested the lens, it was only maybe 5mins? As he was in a rush to go off for a trip or something so the problems did not show.Yes I know I "accepted" it when I tested it but what happens in my case? Please read the post properly before shooting your mouth off.

Anyway, I believe this is part and parcel of life, and part of my process of growing up.

Feel free to PM me if you have any doubts on anything.

P.S I don't have time to check the forum 24/7 a day so may only check once or twice a day, so no worries, I would REPLY you as soon as I get back.I just posted it like today so don't need unconstructive comments from some trolls E.g (Oh TS see unconstructive remarks then no balls reply. I would gladly like to have a personal 1-1 talk with you face-face coz unlike some , I have something called "a life" :) )

Anyway am not trying to sound rude or what, but just clarifying from my point of view

Cheers!

Last edited:
Also unlike other working adults who may earn a SALARY, I don't and my parents do not like to spoil us, so the lens(Although it may mean VERY cheap to you) meant a fair bit of amount to me. :sweat:

AS I SAID, The lens only started to show signs of problems after awhile of usage, and when I tested the lens, it was only maybe 5mins? As he was in a rush to go off for a trip or something so the problems did not show.Yes I know I "accepted" it when I tested it but what happens in my case? Please read the post properly before shooting your mouth off.

TS,

Since you harp on the fact that you are a student, student, student, I really do have to say this. I am a student too. I am the same age as you. And you think my parents spoil me? Fat chance. Anything I buy for my camera comes from my savings/money that I earn by myself. Just to let you know, I have been saving up for a new lens for MONTHS already, in case you're wondering.

Being a student isn't an excuse to be a reckless buyer. As students, we have limited money to spend, so all the more every purchase must be made with the greatest consideration. If the seller has to rush off, then deal another day. What's wrong with that? If the seller refuses to deal another day, then find another seller, simple as that. Until you hand over the money, the seller has no leverage over you so to speak. 5 minutes is barely enough to inspect a lens. For someone who repeatedly re-enforces the fact that he is a student with little disposable income, you ought to know better before splashing your cash.

You are lucky enough that the seller gave a personal warranty and a refund. By right, the seller has no need to do so. So before you get fired out, think. You are LUCKY to get your money back. Otherwise, YOU would be the one spending even more money sending the lens to CSC for repairs, chalking up an even greater bill.

Most importantly, you have no concrete proof the seller sold you a faulty lens. The seller could, in fact, have sold you a perfectly fine lens, but something you did, be it accidental or intentional, caused the lens to have problems. Why not. Don't be so quick to blame others.

You can already count yourself lucky in this situation. Stop trying to milk sympathy when there is none to be had.

well.. for the fact that you returned instead of a "hit-and-run", that's a positive aspect. :thumbsup:

ok, Please, don't use "is a student" or "no income" kind of reasoning to justify any ranting or displeasure over any sum of money.

If you cannot afford it, don't take up the hobby. If you decided to take up the hobby, don't expect pple to give you concessions just because you're a student or not earning income.

It is Still MONEY even if the other members are earning a salary. Drawing a salary doesn't make the MONEY bigger or smaller.

Drawing a salary doesn't make the $5(or any amount) worth Less! Please take note of this FACT.

Also, Those earning salary needs the money to give/support the other members of the family who doesn't EARN a salary too.

Hey really apologize for starting this thread was a little harsh, and really apologize for ranting here. Anyway the seller has apologize for pushing the blame onto me and still thanked me for clarifying with him, and honouring his word, Kudos to him ;)

Just To Clarify:

I think I started this thread as I was in a little stress and his message didn't help. Also after the long travel time I took down to meet him, to travel back and forth(I don't drive yet) to meet him after school and was kinda disappointed that it was spoilt. SORRY BIG BOIIS :cool:

Anyway, I believe this is part and parcel of life, and part of my process of growing up.

P.S I don't have time to check the forum 24/7 a day so may only check once or twice a day, so no worries, I would REPLY you as soon as I get back.I just posted it like today so don't need unconstructive comments from some trolls E.g (Oh TS see unconstructive remarks then no balls reply. I would gladly like to have a personal 1-1 talk with you face-face coz unlike some , I have something called "a life" :) )

Anyway am not trying to sound rude or what, but just clarifying from my point of view

Cheers!

While it is good to be responsible financially and not wanting to take spending for granted. It is just an important to be responsible for your other decisions and actions.

At any point before the sale, you could called off the deal if you are not comfortable, but you still chose to go ahead with it.

You keep harping on the money,but if I understood you correctly, you have received a full refund, so I struggle to see where your loss is. I hope you are not referring to your travel costs and time spent to meet the buyer.

loads of working adults do not drive either.

it is singapore, you can get from one end of the island to another within 2 hours factoring in massive traffic jams. time to go overseas and have to travel long distances to school everyday, maybe it will help you appreciate what you have.

if you find that it is problematic, then don't accept it.

i think it is very silly to say that you suspected a lens had problems, continue to accept it, and then kb the seller after that even after a full refund. you are taking advantage of his kindness and frankly speaking if i were the seller i would chew your head off if i had knowledge of this thread despite my holding up to my end of the deal.

you think people are all saints?

if the seller had intention to cheat, why the refund?

if you expect the seller to give you what he thinks is a good copy of the lens, receive it back and need to repair it at HIS EXPENSE, HIS TIME, HIS COSTS, and then still happy happy smile at you and thank you nicely for detecting the flaw in his lens... or even reimburse you for your travels... you must be kidding me.

you ask for people to put themselves in your shoes. it is fine time you start doing that as well.
great, so having a life means that you have to meet people face-face. what is the meaning of this? i have seen this behaviour displayed before online, usually people will throw addresses at each other during games and then try to pretend that they are from some gangs and threaten each other. this behaviour is very silly and childish to me. i hope you are not resorting to that.

Last edited:

Just To Clarify:

Cheers!

So what if you are a student? If you're feeling the pinch due to this expensive hobby, drop it. Perhaps you should spend within your means.

So what if you have stress? Is he obliged to be a psychic, read your mind and come up with a non-stressful response?

It is your decision to accept it despite the 5-minutes test. You can always decline.

If you've accepted it as part and parcel of life, stop being so defensive and grow up.

And now you accuse people of having no life for participating in a forum. Despite you saying your parents do not like to spoil you monetarily, I think you are already spoilt in behavior and character.

And now you accuse people of having no life for participating in a forum. Despite you saying your parents do not like to spoil you monetarily, I think you are already spoilt in behavior and character.

i hope he does realise that he is also participating in a forum..........

anyways, it's ok, i accept that i have no life, because i have so many posts here. my camera just walks off on its own to the seaside and comes back with pictures of sunsets, cats, etc....

Seems very common in CS that declaring oneself to be a student would sort of grant you some super special god-sent privilege and entitlement to special low pricing, friendly treatment, protection from harsh words and TLC.

Whether you're a student or working or jobless, it is your choice to get into this hobby that can potentially be a relatively expensive one. No one owes you a living and if you get any sympathy don't take it for granted.

i hope he does realise that he is also participating in a forum..........

anyways, it's ok, i accept that i have no life, because i have so many posts here. my camera just walks off on its own to the seaside and comes back with pictures of sunsets, cats, etc....

yea, i wish my camera is also on autopilot. haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.