Buying 2nd hand lenses

Ask for the accessoriesL lens hood/ case etc if you know they come with the lens. I never get the lens hood from the Sigma 30mm from the seller despite being promised. ;( Gave up asking after 2 phone calls to him...

Hi there! You seem to be pretty ace with your knowledge of lenses. I just bought a Nikon D40 and I am really new to this but the stock lenses are inadequate sometimes. I travel a lot and what lens upgrade would you recommend for me? Thanks so much for your time!

Hi there! You seem to be pretty ace with your knowledge of lenses. I just bought a Nikon D40 and I am really new to this but the stock lenses are inadequate sometimes. I travel a lot and what lens upgrade would you recommend for me? Thanks so much for your time!

This has nothing to do with this thread. Please search for threads related to your question on the Nikon section.

Originally Posted by faizalpaus

This has nothing to do with this thread. Please search for threads related to your question on the Nikon section.

Hey there, thanks so much for the heads up. I really do appreciate the tact and brevity of your reply.

Cheers.

can someone point me to the link of a similiar tread on getting 2nd hand dslr body?

where can we find value for money 2nd hand lenses here in Singapore?

Any recommendations guys ???:think::dunno:

I bought canon refurbished lenses from B&H New York. They are like new.

I bought canon refurbished lenses from B&H New York. They are like new.

Yes, though shipping to Singapore is very expensive.

Most of us just use the ClubSnap Marketplace section.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for a good summary, will take a note next time.

hi.

would like to know how do you check for image stabilization?is it mount the lens and shake the entire dslr while snapping?

hi.

would like to know how do you check for image stabilization?is it mount the lens and shake the entire dslr while snapping?

Image stabilization is not a magic wand to get clear pictures. There are limits to this technology, and a lot of shaking would not work.

I can only speak for Nikon lenses, that when VR is active, you can hear a sound coming from the lens, and you may see slight movements through the view finder (esp. in long focal lengths like 300mm) as the lens tries to counter any hand movements.

Checking IS for canon lens : there is noisy sound coming from the lens when focusing , but soon stops just before taking the shot.

Last edited:
Thanks

still alot to learn............:what:

Ok...lots to learn, newbie here...

Anyway, i have a d70 with lens kit bought 2nd hand.

No more warranty for obvious reasons.

All works fine.

My question is... How much is the servicing to remove funguses and dust within the lens n the camera?

Please recommend a good shop or should i just send to nikon for servicing?

Newbie learning....

Ok...lots to learn, newbie here...

Anyway, i have a d70 with lens kit bought 2nd hand.

No more warranty for obvious reasons.

All works fine.

My question is... How much is the servicing to remove funguses and dust within the lens n the camera?

Please recommend a good shop or should i just send to nikon for servicing?

Newbie learning....

Check with bro "fatigue" (David) who is on this forum :)

hmm guys, need advise here, going to buy a lens from a fellow CSer, but the thing is how i ensure i can use the warranty?

"Warranty: Tagged with kit lens. Able to transfer when the deal is sealed. "

and do i need just the warranty card or i need a receipt as well?