Buying 2nd hand lenses

ya, very sad to say, there are people, not many, who meet up an ask for discount after an agreed sum. Normally will ask them to go back n think then call again to deal. A waste of time...

the blah blah black sheep, any any discount? no no, no no, no discount..

do check whether the image stabilising mode for the lens works anot too....i always forgot to check that until i reach home....lucky all of them are working.......

the blah blah black sheep, any any discount? no no, no no, no discount..

waha... not a matter of discount a not, is when sum is agreed on before meet, shouldnt ask for lessr price later loh. I dun mind to throw in more things in the package sometime, if i find the other party will need it together w e item sold.

I have bought and sold like 8-10 lens already in B&S

Most people just take a look at the front, back then ok.

I don't think I have met one who do test shots. Maybe most of my lens I sold has warranty so never mind.

And when I sell stuff, it is always at my place. So if the buyer check the condition and nitpicks, he can just don't buy. I don't waste any of my time. I try to state condition as clearly as possible but some people has super eyes or something :bsmilie:

ya, very sad to say, there are people, not many, who meet up an ask for discount after an agreed sum. Normally will ask them to go back n think then call again to deal. A waste of time...

u r nicer than me ... I would hv asked them to fly kite ... even if they want to meet up later, I might not entertain them again ... UNLESS they specified that they 1 2 view and its at my convenience ...

waha... not a matter of discount a not, is when sum is agreed on before meet, shouldnt ask for lessr price later loh. I dun mind to throw in more things in the package sometime, if i find the other party will need it together w e item sold.

i would prefer the buyer to request for discount b4 bidding or buying , and not meet up and request discount. i would feel that the deal might fail through and waste time to meet up. =)

u r nicer than me ... I would hv asked them to fly kite ... even if they want to meet up later, I might not entertain them again ... UNLESS they specified that they 1 2 view and its at my convenience ...

yup, i feel better if they request to view the item at my place. I find it troublesome to bring out if the person is undecisive about buying..

Hi everyone, got a question to ask. I'm about to get a second hand 80-200mm F2.8 lens the version before the AFS one and I find that there is a black speck of dust on the inside of the lens, the lens is only like 3 months old, still has warranty and the price is quite ok, was wondering if I should go for it? Or go for another one that doesn't have that black speck? I assume it's dust though.

Hi everyone, got a question to ask. I'm about to get a second hand 80-200mm F2.8 lens the version before the AFS one and I find that there is a black speck of dust on the inside of the lens, the lens is only like 3 months old, still has warranty and the price is quite ok, was wondering if I should go for it? Or go for another one that doesn't have that black speck? I assume it's dust though.

if it is inside the lens, I do not think you can remove it yourself. If you dun feel good and abt it and not sure if it will affect your pics, then walk away..

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering cause it doesn't really make me feel good and so far it doesn't affect the image. Just wondering if it is a serious problem or it's nothing serious, since the time when I think should have serious consideration is when there is fungus on it or something? I'm actually not sure if it is a serious problem and if it's not, then I'll just get it and probably see if can get it cleaned by NSC another time since it's still under warranty. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering cause it doesn't really make me feel good and so far it doesn't affect the image. Just wondering if it is a serious problem or it's nothing serious, since the time when I think should have serious consideration is when there is fungus on it or something? I'm actually not sure if it is a serious problem and if it's not, then I'll just get it and probably see if can get it cleaned by NSC another time since it's still under warranty. Thanks!

If it is still under waranty, then get it cleaned for peace of mind. Then again, it is a hassle so its another consideration when deciding the lens

or i rather the seller to send it for cleaning first before i buy it, save myself the hassle of going to nsc.. =)

Looking for item below with NICE price:

1) Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f2.8 XR Di-II LD IF
2) Canon EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS USM or Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens
3) Canon EF 50/1.8 II (1.4 / 1.2)USM also can

Extra: 430/580EX II;p

do check whether the image stabilising mode for the lens works anot too....i always forgot to check that until i reach home....lucky all of them are working.......

how to check the IS is working?

err... fix the lens to your SLR then try shooting with and without IS and see the diff?!

if your camera has LV, that'd be very easy...

Hand hold the camera, zoom in, check the image shown on the screen, then half press the shutter button (activate the IS), compare the image lively shown on the screen, the difference is very obvious. Try it at home first, you will see....:)

thank you for sharing......

I hate buyer who dare not show up on the deal and ask his bro or sis to deal... When i checked got some scratches and i called the seller he dare to shout at me... i fark him ;( some sissy he is