Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

Hi, so if we buy cameras on here, make sure they have the boxes and stuff? I bought my first dslr from here and it seems the guy is doing mass sales of camera equipment and he is quite alright, been doing since 2010 and member here since 2007.. The box and the camera's serial no. matches so its okay right?

Last edited:
. The box and the camera's serial no. matches so its okay right?

This test is not foolproof. A thief could have stolen the box with the camera inside, from a shop.

Shizuma, see what you have done. :bsmilie:

You have created fear from some sellers that they must claim that their gear are not stolen goods.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332659

true true... people like the TS of that thread often have soo many items to sell, or have soo many friends/sisters/colleague to sell on behalf of... can't help but wonder sometimes!

true true... people like the TS of that thread often have soo many items to sell, or have soo many friends/sisters/colleague to sell on behalf of... can't help but wonder sometimes!

some of them buy at a lower price than usual, then sell them for slightly higher price to make a few extra dollars.

either that or they're rich wankers who just get bored of their toys easily.

*edit* i meant bankers

hi all.
I transacted a deal for 60d and 17-40 mm at a whopping low price of $650 earlier this evening with a seller of purported Vietnamese origin.

At 2255 hrs Tanglin Police called me regarding the sale and I made a preemptive voluntary police report at Jurong just in case.

It turns out indeed that set is stolen and my Seller had no legal right to sell the set to me. an officer from Tanglin station is now end route to Jurong side to impound this sweet kit.

see bay Sian.

hope I can either get my money back or my kit (preferably!!!)

buyer beware

Oh my God. I've just bought this lot of gears from a roadside seller in a back lane along South Bridge Road for $800:

cameraequipment123600.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Shizuma. Hope you get your money back.

Oh my God. I've just bought this lot of gears from a roadside seller in a back lane along South Bridge Road for $800:

Cats are safe... no worry.... if anything. . Claim ignorant....

Cats are safe... no worry.... if anything. . Claim ignorant....

or you can be the pussy cat which rubs itself against the legs and purrrrrrrrrrrrr... and the person will go "d'awwwwwwww! so cute!" and forget all about it :bsmilie:

or you can be the pussy cat which rubs itself against the legs and purrrrrrrrrrrrr... and the person will go "d'awwwwwwww! so cute!" and forget all about it :bsmilie:

Ookay, who wants to rub against my legs? I'd forget about all the disagreement we ever had. :bsmilie:

Sion, I'm really worried for u. Come , let's meetup for kopi and share the guilt and possible sin among us. I'm not acquainted with canon gear but my buddy told me white color lenses means expensive so those few I help u take.

Unlikely they can trace your whatsapp, it's prob they've confiscated the Viet's HP, after the friend reported him. Else it'll be hard to find out who bought it. Hope you get the 60D back, it's really a good camera.

Next time, seller need to go through a lie detector to ensure they are not selling stolen goods :bsmilie:

lie0.jpg

With batman in prison, who will defend us against these criminals? :bsmilie:

Unlikely they can trace your whatsapp, it's prob they've confiscated the Viet's HP, after the friend reported him. Else it'll be hard to find out who bought it. Hope you get the 60D back, it's really a good camera.

Dude, I want both the 60D and the L lens I paid money for :bsmilie:

but getting 60D is also good enough...

I am just hoping that if the Viet boy has got no $ to give me back, maybe the bailiffs can seize his assets such as a nice 70D and transfer it to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;) ;) ;)

Oh

I found the image of the guy who sold me the stolen image and lens (Now , I am not judging him guilty or accusing him of stealing. But it is a police-given fact that the camera and lens this guy sold to me was stolen).

sorry to be unladylike. but here is the a554073!

1457596_10202043831524773_563738217_n.jpg

sorry to be unladylike. but here is the a554073!

Ladies easily tricked by handsome guy with charming smile :bsmilie:

Next time, you should only buy from ugly looking guy :bsmilie:

Ladies easily tricked by handsome guy with charming smile :bsmilie:

Next time, you should only buy from ugly looking guy :bsmilie:

he is pretty cute (but young).
I feel pity for him now.

I lost $650, but this poor fool go and throw away his future.
I hope he can turn over a new leaf while having time to ponder his future.

Maybe he be successful one day :)

he is pretty cute (but young).
I feel pity for him now.

I lost $650, but this poor fool go and throw away his future.
I hope he can turn over a new leaf while having time to ponder his future.

Maybe he be successful one day :)

Unlikely.

Rot in Changi.