bringing long lenses to concerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told no PRO camera allow...but they close 1 eye on P&S
why the double-standard

I was told no PRO camera allow...but they close 1 eye on P&S
why the double-standard

thats y i always say, "have dslr = pro, so of course if wanna buy camera, get a dslr instead of pns."

btw this is a true fact: me and my family never owned any camera for the past 30 yrs. And the first camera that i buy is a DSLR. i dun give a heck abt pns. they are toys.

"Get Nothing but the BEST :thumbsup: and be a PRO[at least in the eyes of concert organizers]"

Why can't we just enjoy the concert?

Isn't a concert a time and place for the musician to perform, and for the audience to enjoy the performance? What is the need by many to shoot, shoot and shoot?

I never bring cameras to a concert or show.
So do you bootleg instead? ;p

Maybe u can try to smuggle in those small prosumers like fz5 which has 12x zoom, might be able to catch ur idol face/s expression.
Nowadays, those 'officers' in the concert catch ppl using camera, esp those pro looking cameras.
I rather sit back and enjoy rather den busy taking photos. It rather spoil the mood. That/s me.
Why not make some fake press passes and claim yourself to be from some unheard of magazine.. Hopefully the promoters do get fooled. I got one friend who did this and had almost unlimited access to the whole venue... hehehe...;p

Why not make some fake press passes and claim yourself to be from some unheard of magazine.. Hopefully the promoters do get fooled. I got one friend who did this and had almost unlimited access to the whole venue... hehehe...;p

if caught how?:dunno:

i dont like to do illegal things.
if there's legal ways(eg, paying a premium), i'll do it.

if caught how?:dunno:

i dont like to do illegal things.
if there's legal ways(eg, paying a premium), i'll do it.
Negotiate with the promoters lor.. Or join the fanclub, I believe official fanclub photographers should be able to get access.. With the kind of equipment you have, I think it won't be difficult to become their official photographer. ;p

Tried to bring a DSLR into Jackie Snow.Wolf.Lake concert at indoor stadium last year but was stopped. :cry:

My longest lens is only 135mm, still not allowed.

All the lockers are full by then. Lucky I drove on that day so have to walk all the way back to the car to keep my camera bag.

During the concert, now and then some fella took out p&s to shoot, but they were easily spotted by the security and kena warning immediately. Beocs a lite-up LCD screen in such dark surrounding is way too obvious liaoz.

So forget it lah. No chance one. :(

i brought in a long lens for a concert before...lucky the guards never check my lowepro bag haha...
i know of people who even brought in Canon L white 300mm prime before...& white in darkness is very eye catching haha..
it all depends on ur luck but try not to lar...might as well just apply for a press pass haha.

in a nutshell..if u're desperate to catch ur fav star in action...pray for blur sotong security guards :p

pay me some money and i'll intro you to some magazines and you shoot for them FOC?

dun be so $ minded lah u.

use magic to create $ lor since you gandalf.:bsmilie:

Tried to bring a DSLR into Jackie Snow.Wolf.Lake concert at indoor stadium last year but was stopped. :cry:

My longest lens is only 135mm, still not allowed.

All the lockers are full by then. Lucky I drove on that day so have to walk all the way back to the car to keep my camera bag.

During the concert, now and then some fella took out p&s to shoot, but they were easily spotted by the security and kena warning immediately. Beocs a lite-up LCD screen in such dark surrounding is way too obvious liaoz.

So forget it lah. No chance one. :(

wanted to bring my f5 then because havent bought d200.but i know confirm kena stop one.

where were u sitted?i was 5th row from front.i find it a bit too near.the speakers were defeaning me.:rolleyes:

if no car, and locker full.how?

wanted to bring my f5 then because havent bought d200.but i know confirm kena stop one.

where were u sitted?i was 5th row from front.i find it a bit too near.the speakers were defeaning me.:rolleyes:

if no car, and locker full.how?

He.. he.. yup if u shoot in front of the stage, for a first timer, sure can rock your ears and you can even feel your heart vibrate. Some press photgraphers will bring along their ear plugs. And for those who want to try n shoot concert shots, maybe can try shoot at small gigs first to experience the loud music and better your stage shots. Only official photographer will be able to shoot throughout the concert, the press can only shoot the first 3 songs.

dun bother about printing press passes. 1stly if u talking about official media passes from the govt that type, it's not worth the risk..later go changi hotel.

As for concert passes, unless u noe the design n colour beforehand, also forget it..haha!

I wun say the promoters are totally wrong, check out youtube after a big concert. Say now u go search for "SHE Singapore", i'm sure u can find alot of bootleg clips. Noted, most of us only wanna take photos for keepsake, but how do promoters tell that u are not going to sell the shots?

dun bother about printing press passes. 1stly if u talking about official media passes from the govt that type, it's not worth the risk..later go changi hotel.

As for concert passes, unless u noe the design n colour beforehand, also forget it..haha!

u bring the laptop and ur friend bring a portable printer [i think those selphy photo printers can be used?]

then after u agar agar see the design already, go to one corner and on the spot do up the tag and print out lor. ;p

u bring the laptop and ur friend bring a portable printer [i think those selphy photo printers can be used?]

then after u agar agar see the design already, go to one corner and on the spot do up the tag and print out lor. ;p

Like that also can.... :bsmilie:

Since you are doing this already, might as well print out a few extra tickets to sell to cover the cost of the original tickets you paid.:think:

Like that also can.... :bsmilie:

Since you are doing this already, might as well print out a few extra tickets to sell to cover the cost of the original tickets you paid.:think:

Sistic tickets are too hard to forged already..... really really really very very very hard. The type of paper used and the type of printing of the words on it is so distinct. very different.

press pass is much easier, definitely possible ;p most of the time its just a plain background, with a logo here and there, then the name, and maybe a few simple designs thats all :bsmilie:

Sistic tickets are too hard to forged already..... really really really very very very hard. The type of paper used and the type of printing of the words on it is so distinct. very different.

press pass is much easier, definitely possible ;p most of the time its just a plain background, with a logo here and there, then the name, and maybe a few simple designs thats all :bsmilie:

for those that i shot with a press pass, the pass is a special sticker that you need to paste on your clothes or a paper pass on a lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.