bringing long lenses to concerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like this best.

14689IMG0010.jpg

so....bringing these lenses CAN OR CANNOT?:dunno:

bc,
how discreet can a d200 with 70-200 be?

moreover they check every bag like they mentioned earlier....
:cry:

so sad.i wonder why no photography allowed.:cry:

go check sistic and ticketcharge website.

most state "* No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event!". you'll normally need an event pass/press pass to bring in your equipment.

if u bring ur dslr and was asked to deposit it somewhere, are you willing to take the risk? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

go check sistic and ticketcharge website.

most state "* No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event!". you'll normally need an event pass/press pass to bring in your equipment.

if u bring ur dslr and was asked to deposit it somewhere, are you willing to take the risk? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

:cry:

Maybe u can try to smuggle in those small prosumers like fz5 which has 12x zoom, might be able to catch ur idol face/s expression.
Nowadays, those 'officers' in the concert catch ppl using camera, esp those pro looking cameras.
I rather sit back and enjoy rather den busy taking photos. It rather spoil the mood. That/s me.

it's not the handshake i worry.it's the weight!

70-300 ah?hahhaa...i got a feeling that lens cannot make it.

i bought it and used it once only.and has been sitting in dricabi ever since.

I use 10D with 75-300USM III. asa1600. Brought the 10D in my jacket pocket. The 75-300lens in my kids bag. I supposed 300 2.8 might be better, but you risk being ejected.

Closeup such as these...
(They are on sharp my computer, but somehow after shrinking into small Jpeg for CS makes them look blur)

IMG_9002_b.jpg

IMG_9460_b.jpg

You may want to play with composition to make them more interesting like:

A_H_061.jpg

A_H_031.jpg

A_H_011.jpg

there was a time when you could buy a ticket to a concert, pack you cameras and lenses in the back pack, make your way to the stage, in front on the side and the back and shoot away as much as you wanted.... no one taking you cam away, no bouncers kicking you out... free movement as long as you do not step on peoples toes.....

now they ban you from taking pictures even at the smallest gigs.... what happended to the good old times...

Oh..

My right hand held the 10D normally, but the trick is to hold the hood of the 75-300 AFTER focussing. This somehow stablises the camera enough for the shots.
YMMV

If you are not too blatant with superduper cameras and lenses, should be ok. I have shot at least 7 concerts "unoffically" without problems. One fansite even contacted me for the use of some images.

the last time i went .. brought my 20D but end up locked in the locker outside! was told no "PROFESSIONAL" camera allowed :think: .. PnS (COMPACT) is ok ..

caspere,

really envy you.
but i dont want to genna chased out.will spoil my evening altogether.:cry:

the last time i went .. brought my 20D but end up locked in the locker outside! was told no "PROFESSIONAL" camera allowed :think: .. PnS (COMPACT) is ok ..

seriously, this really doesnt bloody make sense.
it's either photography allowed, or NOT allowed.

why pns can pro cam cannot?:sticktong :sticktong :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

seriously, this really doesnt bloody make sense.
it's either photography allowed, or NOT allowed.

why pns can pro cam cannot?:sticktong :sticktong :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ur set of equipment confirmed cannot at indoor stadium (SIS)

Firstly these days, most of the media ppl, the promoters usually let them stand in front n take as much as they want for 1st 3 songs, after that they have to leave. Sometimes can't even stand in front, back of arena with long lens...

For patrons, by right is no photography, videography and audio recording. But owing to the sie of the stadium n sheer number of ppl, we usually will allow photography with or without flash, of cos that will depend on the promoter is willing or not. Video and audio is strictly not allowed.

Why i say your setup is confirmed not allowed. Because your photos would turn out usable, and hence of a commercial value. This therefore affects the artiste and promoter, you get wat i mean lah. They get the media to come to cover the event and they dun charge them a single cent for the publicity, but you can't give them that kind of publicity can't u?

If esplanade, forget about it. Strictly no photography at all. If u guys have more qns, can PM me lah, i try to ans

caspere,

really envy you.
but i dont want to genna chased out.will spoil my evening altogether.:cry:

So.. don't attract attention.. No white lenses, no big cameras, no tripods, no monopods. Don't display your camera by blatantly carrying it your hands or around your neck.

I always bring the body separate from the lens, easy to carry (or hide) in pockets, diaper bags, jackets. If discovered, just say collected from/passing to/meeting friends later in evening,... besides no lens how to shoot?? Of course kids/wife/friends way ahead or way behind with lens/CF cards.

At the seats, avoid pissing people around you, be nice, smile, and chat about how good the show is, and avoid aiming when the staff around/close/near you.

Don't ask whether can shoot or not, just shoot until you are caught, then sheepishly say sorry and quickly take apart body/lens and keep. Say sorry sorry sorry until the staff disappear. Change seats with friends and change shirt. Repeat until caught. I planned all this with friends but never had to use it.

jkaiser,

you from sistic?

i understand the 'commercial value' points.
but what if i were to declare that i wont be selling or using these pics in any other way other than for my own safe keep?:dunno:

sometimes i damn tired of all these 'no photography' issues.
here cannot shoot, there cannot shoot.piang eh...
DUH!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ok, i'll mount the d200 with 70-200 parallel to my arm.then i wear a long jacket.
when i want to take a shot, i just need to point to the subject, and using ML3 to wirelessly trigger.:thumbsup:

your ninja hiding skills is superb!:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Why can't we just enjoy the concert?

Isn't a concert a time and place for the musician to perform, and for the audience to enjoy the performance? What is the need by many to shoot, shoot and shoot?

I never bring cameras to a concert or show.

Why can't we just enjoy the concert?

Isn't a concert a time and place for the musician to perform, and for the audience to enjoy the performance? What is the need by many to shoot, shoot and shoot?

I never bring cameras to a concert or show.

if you dont have a idol, u wont understand.

and if you like photography, you'll naturally love to shoot your idol.

you can shoot and enjoy at the same time.

nothing beats having your idol's picture shot by yourself for your own collection.;)

different interest in photography i guess

for some when you undress a woman,
the last thing you are thinking about is photography
while others think about poses and lighting

jkaiser,
thanks for the pm.

but i still do not agree with the 'promotors' that photography is a no no.
i really do hope the rules changes one day.

or maybe the promotors like unusual can create a 'photography' area, where they charge more but allow photographers to bring their cannons to shoot their idols.
wouldnt that be a win win situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.