Bridal Potraits

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamasaint

Jan 26, 2003
www.lightedpixels.com
Hi,

I have decided to post these here as I felt that they are more potraitures than wedding images. They were all posed, or directed.

However, if the moderators feel otherwise, do change the gallery it belongs to. Cheers.

90676753.jpg

90676750.jpg

90676754.jpg

90676758.jpg

The first shot is well taken. Her arms looming over, seems to box up the focus to her expression. Wrinkles on the eyes and cheeks indicate sincerity. The texture of vertical lines added in with such tones also adds to the effect of a well done job.

The first shot is well taken. Her arms looming over, seems to box up the focus to her expression. Wrinkles on the eyes and cheeks indicate sincerity. The texture of vertical lines added in with such tones also adds to the effect of a well done job.

Thanks guys... I added the texture with the vertical lines to complement her hands actually... and it all leads into her face and that amazing smile.

I like the way that you frame your 1st 4 pics, so that all the focus are on the brides' beautiful face. Their eyes and smile really shine through.

A question. How was the vertical lines in the 1st pic done? Was it done through a tool in Photoshop or was it superimposed from a seperate picture?

I like the way that you frame your 1st 4 pics, so that all the focus are on the brides' beautiful face. Their eyes and smile really shine through.

A question. How was the vertical lines in the 1st pic done? Was it done through a tool in Photoshop or was it superimposed from a seperate picture?

Hi,

its a texture layer that is overlayed onto the main image. Cheers

whenever i look at your portraits...i always ask myself what's so captivating about your shots, and what distinguishes your shots from other wedding photogs....
i can never seem to be able to answer that question myself.
there's just something about your shots that i really love so much about it.
simple, yet captivating, mesmerizing, and spellbounding...

solid works saint.:thumbsup:

whenever i look at your portraits...i always ask myself what's so captivating about your shots, and what distinguishes your shots from other wedding photogs....

its the humanity that he's not afraid to show in his subjects me thinks. :)

The happiness is all shown in the eyes and smiles of the brides.
I'm a fan of your photographs too. :heart:

The happiness is all shown in the eyes and smiles of the brides.
I'm a fan of your photographs too. :heart:

Thanks...

You almost got it nailed. When I shoot portraitures, I try my best to get them as relaxed as possible and I talk to them quite a bit as I shoot. I am looking for a look that could express the bride's feelings. I like expressive eyes and a great smile and I personally feel that I can only get that if I speak to them... assure them... compliment them. The brides who shoot with me very often put their trust and faith in me and that works great too cos it allows me to get creative when I want to.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, you need to geniunely feel for your subject. Its the only way to get real, genuine and sincere shots out of them.

There are quite a number of really good works by other wedding photographers in Singapore. However, the styles are quite diverse and you probably share the same style as me or at least like the way I like my wedding photos to be.

Thanks...

You almost got it nailed. When I shoot portraitures, I try my best to get them as relaxed as possible and I talk to them quite a bit as I shoot. I am looking for a look that could express the bride's feelings. I like expressive eyes and a great smile and I personally feel that I can only get that if I speak to them... assure them... compliment them. The brides who shoot with me very often put their trust and faith in me and that works great too cos it allows me to get creative when I want to.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, you need to genuinely feel for your subject. Its the only way to get real, genuine and sincere shots out of them.

I couldn't agree more with the above statement - getting to know the subject and creating a way to express something of their essence is what creates a captivating image.

On this series I'm afraid I don't share the views of most others for pic 1. To me it looks like a mix between a bridal image and a B Movie Bridal image! The toning and texture create a very eerie feel especially on the upper arms and around the hands which I don't find at all flattering. I think the posing of the pic has potential - with the veil being lifted like that it's almost like your being 'invited in' Of course as with all opinion mines is purely subjective and is really just a matter of my personal taste.

Image three also does not quite hit the mark, I think it's a combination of the composition and facial expression - the bride has lovely big eyes which would be great for a dreamy soft type expression - here she looks startled! On the composition there's a little too much room at the top, but again it's just personal preference.

The remaining images hit the mark for me, especially the fourth and the series of three which are both very beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Most of your pictures are looking down at the subject. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.