Bridal Potraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of your thread in the Wedding forum. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more with the above statement - getting to know the subject and creating a way to express something of their essence is what creates a captivating image.

On this series I'm afraid I don't share the views of most others for pic 1. To me it looks like a mix between a bridal image and a B Movie Bridal image! The toning and texture create a very eerie feel especially on the upper arms and around the hands which I don't find at all flattering. I think the posing of the pic has potential - with the veil being lifted like that it's almost like your being 'invited in' Of course as with all opinion mines is purely subjective and is really just a matter of my personal taste.

Image three also does not quite hit the mark, I think it's a combination of the composition and facial expression - the bride has lovely big eyes which would be great for a dreamy soft type expression - here she looks startled! On the composition there's a little too much room at the top, but again it's just personal preference.

The remaining images hit the mark for me, especially the fourth and the series of three which are both very beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

I think its great that you have an alternate view. I have never presuppose that the images will appeal to all. I am also not looking to achieving that. I actually think its brilliant if everyone had a different fav image of sorts.

Thank you for taking the time to comment tho. Much appreciated. Cheers

Most of your pictures are looking down at the subject. Why?

Thats because they are sitting down when i shoot them! Ha...ok seriously, there is no fixed rule. Sometimes, the light dictates how I shoot and if they are better off sitted down, then that works for me. =)

simple yet captivating, there's a really timeless edge to these portraits :thumbsup:

Why do you ask? I started serious photography in 2003 if I am not wrong...

just curious only...really.
cos i really wonder how long ( on average) does it take for a 'newbie' to reach your kind of level..
i'm not sure if my question is of any relevance to the question i posted but really...i'm just curious.

saint, thanks for your pm.:)

just curious only...really.
cos i really wonder how long ( on average) does it take for a 'newbie' to reach your kind of level..
i'm not sure if my question is of any relevance to the question i posted but really...i'm just curious.
from my observation, if you have natural talent (the x-factor), strong motivation and discipline (as in hardworking, never say die attitude), lots of luck (as in opportunities), good timing (as in, in the right place, right time), I will give it in about 18 months ....:think:
But if u dont have most of the above, i think it will take forever ......:bsmilie::sweatsm:

from my observation, if you have natural talent (the x-factor), strong motivation and discipline (as in hardworking, never say die attitude), lots of luck (as in opportunities), good timing (as in, in the right place, right time), I will give it in about 18 months ....:think:
But if u dont have most of the above, i think it will take forever ......:bsmilie::sweatsm:

I think the hard work part is the easiest. It comes naturally when you are motivated. I remember the days when I would work on the photos through the night!

Definately luck but often, you make your own luck.

90676753.jpg

:lovegrin::lovegrin:

For the first pic, how did create the lines effect at the side? Did you paste another layer(lines) and just mask it off?

Thanks

BTW.. u r my inspiration!

For the first pic, how did create the lines effect at the side? Did you paste another layer(lines) and just mask it off?

Thanks

BTW.. u r my inspiration!

See post #7.

Oooh, why post them here? Have to login to see! ;p BTW, nice!

I think its great that you have an alternate view. I have never presuppose that the images will appeal to all. I am also not looking to achieving that. I actually think its brilliant if everyone had a different fav image of sorts.

Hi there,
sorry to ask,did you ask this couple for the permission to post their pictures in here.Some couple might not be very happy about it.If they hear or heard their pictures posted here for C&C.Althrought you took wedding pictures from them.

Just asking;)

Cheers for taking my comments as intended. Different likes and dislikes are what keeps the world an interesting place - look forward to seeing some more of your work in the future.

Hi there,
sorry to ask,did you ask this couple for the permission to post their pictures in here.Some couple might not be very happy about it.If they hear or heard their pictures posted here for C&C.Althrought you took wedding pictures from them.

Just asking;)

Hi!

When we meet up with the couples, we explain to them that their images may be used for our sample albums, slideshows, advertisements or be put up on the web. This is also incorporated into the agreement. If they have strong reservations about not wanting their images on the web, we will respect that.

Anyway, usually, out of courtesy, I will try and inform them prior to putting up the pics.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.