Blank Dvd R prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
50s DVD-R should range from $26-$30
last check at sls on tue

If you buy a single DVD-+ DL disc it can cause you about $8.50 give or take. Or get 5 disc for about $35-38.

dvd -+ = rewriterable?

for R+ DL disks, the shop I suggested earlier in this thread charged me ~$50 (I think it was $48 but cannot remember exactly) for 10 pieces Verbatim in a small spindle... and that was some time back :)

I think regarding DVD Rs, just need to walk around SLS or Funan. check the prices of the shops there and buy frm the cheapest u can find. You can even try to bargain, maybe u'll get $1-2 off :D their prices there should be considered quite good even w/o bargain.

Just don't buy from popular or challenger store, their prices usu. more ex.

wa quite unworth it le.

heheheh now you know why I say "way too much" heheh... It has not reach that "soft spot" pricing yet for these double layer ones as not many would want to buy it.

I was already hesitance for a long time when I change from CDR to DVD. I look at it this way, if I have a scratch on a CDR I lose 650 to 700mb of data. But if the same thing happen to a DVD..I lose 4.7gigabyte of my photos I shot or whatever I record leh heheheh...

So I try to alway keep two copies of all my photos I shoot. I will be my working copy and the other is for cold storage.

heheheh now you know why I say "way too much" heheh... It has not reach that "soft spot" pricing yet for these double layer ones as not many would want to buy it.

I was already hesitance for a long time when I change from CDR to DVD. I look at it this way, if I have a scratch on a CDR I lose 650 to 700mb of data. But if the same thing happen to a DVD..I lose 4.7gigabyte of my photos I shot or whatever I record leh heheheh...

So I try to alway keep two copies of all my photos I shoot. I will be my working copy and the other is for cold storage.

o there's a easy solution to fix scratched disks that my old roommate taught me. wanna know?

o there's a easy solution to fix scratched disks that my old roommate taught me. wanna know?

yeah i wanna know.

can PM me if not convenient

heheh I am pretty much a techie geek about stuff like that but thanks. What I mean when I say scratch is not about getting the bottom portion scratch. THAT you can use a light polishing liquid like Brasso and you use a lint free cloth and you rub it down till you smoothen it enough ( to rid the surface of a deep scratch) to make the CD readable again.

YOu can also use Brasso and rub down to smoother some of the scratch from your ipod too for those who did not know that and was con into buying some expensive apple product to archieve the same thing heheheh

For those who don't know.....If you want to permanently scratch your CD beyond repair...you do that by scratching the top side of the CD. Just take a key or something sharp and scratch off the top text or whatever you see on the top from the inner portion moving outwards heheh.. .

heheh I am pretty much a techie geek about stuff like that but thanks. What I mean when I say scratch is not about getting the bottom portion scratch. THAT you can use a light polishing liquid like Brasso and you use a lint free cloth and you rub it down till you smoothen it enough ( to rid the surface of a deep scratch) to make the CD readable again.

YOu can also use Brasso and rub down to smoother some of the scratch from your ipod too for those who did not know that and was con into buying some expensive apple product to archieve the same thing heheheh

For those who don't know.....If you want to permanently scratch your CD beyond repair...you do that by scratching the top side of the CD. Just take a key or something sharp and scratch off the top text or whatever you see on the top from the inner portion moving outwards heheh.. .

nope my solution uses something more mundane than polishing liquid :p

Well sometime there are some slight price difference due to other reasons like the type of dye used, some comes with lightscribe surface to use on writers that can etch images on the top side...etc. Some of the cheapers ones I don't like to use as they tend to fail or you have write errors which can happen when you least expect it....even after you have verify it. Some don't even last a year or more if you used it often.

Anyway I download tons of songs, movies .etc heheh so I go through a a hundred a month. I also find that my DVD writer writes without problem with DVD +R but if I use -R I have alot of "coaster disc" if don't use a 4X recording speed instead of 8X or 16X. So sometimes I would not sting on brands and pay the average price for that better sense of security.

knn my dvd-r batch turn out to be alot of turkeys after burning at 16x. Never using -r again! Very disappointed with Sony. Death to -R!;(

knn my dvd-r batch turn out to be alot of turkeys after burning at 16x. Never using -r again! Very disappointed with Sony. Death to -R!;(

u got update your dvdr burner firmware anot...

some old drive cannot take new media... i burnt alot of coasters before, then i know there is firmware upgrade for drives... updated and no more coasters.

u got update your dvdr burner firmware anot...

some old drive cannot take new media... i burnt alot of coasters before, then i know there is firmware upgrade for drives... updated and no more coasters.

how to check? the funny thing is -r is not considered new media, its actually older than + since it had 7 years on +! Did alotta of reading up on the - + discs last nite, supremely cheesed off but confirmed that - are inferior esp since i never had this issue with + discs, had one of my burnt - discs suddenly read as blank last nite!

Status
Not open for further replies.