Blank Dvd R prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate giving away all my secret lobangs for checking pricing online of all the PC shops in Sim Lim but...okay lah.

Go to this site. They take all the photocopy pricelist of most of the "famous or infamous" shops, scanned them and post them here on a regular basis. You can compare all the pricing to your heart's contend. If you did not know this site already.

http://resources.vr-zone.com/sls/

If you never saw this before, you better write it down...last time I will mentioned it here heheheheheh

Thanks for sharing. Walk around SLS, you will be able to find some good bargain.

I also go for the one on the 6th floor of Sim Lim.

$50 for 100 TFK DVD-Rs :thumbsup:

Sorry... typo

TDK. was typing too fast and didn't check. :embrass::sweat:

Sorry... typo

TDK. was typing too fast and didn't check. :embrass::sweat:

no worries thought it was a new brand or something.

ah. well its not like i go thru them like water. my last spindle of 50 last for about a year so no worries. i was pleasantly surprised though coz i went to challenger expecting the discs to go for 28 but they were priced at 23. although i saw that the maxwell brand was like $38! i was wondering wtf?!

Well sometime there are some slight price difference due to other reasons like the type of dye used, some comes with lightscribe surface to use on writers that can etch images on the top side...etc. Some of the cheapers ones I don't like to use as they tend to fail or you have write errors which can happen when you least expect it....even after you have verify it. Some don't even last a year or more if you used it often.

Anyway I download tons of songs, movies .etc heheh so I go through a a hundred a month. I also find that my DVD writer writes without problem with DVD +R but if I use -R I have alot of "coaster disc" if don't use a 4X recording speed instead of 8X or 16X. So sometimes I would not sting on brands and pay the average price for that better sense of security.

Well sometime there are some slight price difference due to other reasons like the type of dye used, some comes with lightscribe surface to use on writers that can etch images on the top side...etc. Some of the cheapers ones I don't like to use as they tend to fail or you have write errors which can happen when you least expect it....even after you have verify it. Some don't even last a year or more if you used it often.

Anyway I download tons of songs, movies .etc heheh so I go through a a hundred a month. I also find that my DVD writer writes without problem with DVD +R but if I use -R I have alot of "coaster disc" if don't use a 4X recording speed instead of 8X or 16X. So sometimes I would not sting on brands and pay the average price for that better sense of security.

yeah which is why i use sony's:)

Weird.. I personally prefer - ones... these are single use.

+ ones are multi session and may have problems with other readers in future, esp if you write with other DVD writers.

Weird.. I personally prefer - ones... these are single use.

+ ones are multi session and may have problems with other readers in future, esp if you write with other DVD writers.

This might have to do with the brand, year and type of writer. I use a Sony which can write even the double layer DVD9. In any case I just find that I have that problem with the -R and dare ot chance it especially when it took me a loooooong time to finish using the 300 DVD-R type I bought! ( Brand Akira ) Once i went back to DVD+R everything is fine. With my BENQ in my office PC...no problem with the speed and verification failure problem.

This might have to do with the brand, year and type of writer. I use a Sony which can write even the double layer DVD9. In any case I just find that I have that problem with the -R and dare ot chance it especially when it took me a loooooong time to finish using the 300 DVD-R type I bought! ( Brand Akira ) Once i went back to DVD+R everything is fine. With my BENQ in my office PC...no problem with the speed and verification failure problem.

speaking of dual layers, how much do those cost?

any idea how much does DVD -R +R with lightscribe costs ?

Where to get it ?

try SLS, level 3. they have 2 shops there selling discs, and their prices are always very competitive.
4got the name of the shops thou, but u shd be able to see them cos they stack their discs infront of their shops.

speaking of dual layers, how much do those cost?

WAY too much still in my opinion hehehe.... but sometime no choice but to get them if some content I am duplicating requires it.

The short bit on the lightscribe....

Lightscribe is just a simple way or should I say a lazy way heheh to etch text for example onto the top part of the CD. CDs which allow that has a plain white top portion. You need a CD writer with this function built into it. After choose what files to record onto the CD, you next can type up text describing what is on the CD..etc Then when you record the CD, the process of printing out those text on the top portion of the CD will be next. Saves you the time of using a marker to write on it. The down side is ( at this time without rechecking any latest info) it is not permanent. Over time it was said to fade. And yes it cost abit more to get those CD and of course you paid abit of a premium price for the writer too.

WAY too much still in my opinion hehehe.... but sometime no choice but to get them if some content I am duplicating requires it.

how much is too much?:)

i paid $20 for 50pcs of TDK DVD+R

is it cheap or expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.