BKK -> Ayuthaya via railway

blurfoto

Sep 16, 2010
Understand the BKK railway is at Hualumphong. but is there any railway station that nearer from Suvarnabhumi international Airport?

How to access these railway station from the international airport?
I'm heading to Ayuthaya (north or north east route)

also, since my 1st time taking BKK railway, care to share any useful tips?

Thanks!

i dunno if there is a railway stn nearby the airport but if u had to go to hualumpong, u can take the airport express -> MTR -> hualumpong MTR station, the MTR station is just below the train station.

the travel time is about 2 hours if i did not recall wrongly. :)

Take the airport express train link.... stop at makkasan and then take the MTR to HuaLamphong as sinned79 wrote.

A slower option, take the airport express bus to hua lamphong. go one floor down from the arrival hall when you arrived.

From Hua Lamphong to Ayutthaya, I did took the third class back in July. free seating, 20 baht and it takes about 90 minutes to get to your destination. Express should be faster.

For timetable, search railway thailand, www.railway.co.th, you will get a etd schedule of the trains

Understand that Ayuthaya is flooded. If you are going the next few days do check with the railway authorities.

Hi,

Wonder when u are travelling there. I am not sure whether u are awared that Ayutthaya was recently hitted by the worst floods, considered the most severe in 50 years.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39759713/ns/weather/

Clearing up the damages done to the area could take months.

It will be good if u can get an update on the current situation. Good luck.

Thanks folks! I'm well aware of the flooding. Today, flash flood hit Hatyai
Anyway, the place I'm staying (central ayuthaya) not flooded (yet), but the surrounding & other location that I plan to visit (saraburi, pak chong) are affected

I'm trying to cut short my travel time from railway station to Airport on my return trip
It was ok when my original return trip was at 8pm, I still can jalan jalan BKK city for a while before heading to airport. but Tiger Airway rescheduled to 2pm now, which left me very pissed

I know my way to Hualamphong. The north-east rail pass thru Bang Sue & Don Muang. Former is out of question, so is anyone familiar with Don Muang Railway station? Thanks!

p.s: i think worst case just take a cab lor :)

Thanks folks! I'm well aware of the flooding. Today, flash flood hit Hatyai
Anyway, the place I'm staying (central ayuthaya) not flooded (yet), but the surrounding & other location that I plan to visit (saraburi, pak chong) are affected

I'm trying to cut short my travel time from railway station to Airport on my return trip
It was ok when my original return trip was at 8pm, I still can jalan jalan BKK city for a while before heading to airport. but Tiger Airway rescheduled to 2pm now, which left me very pissed

I know my way to Hualamphong. The north-east rail pass thru Bang Sue & Don Muang. Former is out of question, so is anyone familiar with Don Muang Railway station? Thanks!

p.s: i think worst case just take a cab lor :)

Don Muang is very far from the current airport.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh :(
no choice stick to hualumphong ... thanks sinned79

Take the airport express train link.... stop at makkasan and then take the MTR to HuaLamphong as sinned79 wrote.

A slower option, take the airport express bus to hua lamphong. go one floor down from the arrival hall when you arrived.

From Hua Lamphong to Ayutthaya, I did took the third class back in July. free seating, 20 baht and it takes about 90 minutes to get to your destination. Express should be faster.

For timetable, search railway thailand, www.railway.co.th, you will get a etd schedule of the trains

I took the so called express train. in Sept 2009
Was being informed my website info, the train is not express. And it is true.
Took 1 hour 50 min, instead of 1 hour 15 min.

Bus is faster, but not connected with rail as what you want.

I took the so called express train. in Sept 2009
Was being informed my website info, the train is not express. And it is true.
Took 1 hour 50 min, instead of 1 hour 15 min.

Bus is faster, but not connected with rail as what you want.

i took train to ayutthaya and bus back to bkk.

bus a bit dangerous, depends on what time you took the bus... that time i took about 6+pm, it took me nearly 3 hours to reach bkk due to the bad jams! and the bus stops at the northern bus terminus, near JJ market.

yeah i took bus back from ayuthaya before .. not a good idea due to BKK horrid jams
have anyone of you encounter such change in flight schedule from tiger airway?

i took train to ayutthaya and bus back to bkk.

bus a bit dangerous, depends on what time you took the bus... that time i took about 6+pm, it took me nearly 3 hours to reach bkk due to the bad jams! and the bus stops at the northern bus terminus, near JJ market.

Ha ha, maybe i just lucky?
The bus I took left Ayuthaya around 4pm iirc, and reach BKK around 5pm.
It is a public bus type, so it stop once a while along the road, I was thinking it might took longer but surprisely, it reach fast. But of course, from north bus terminal take taxi back to town, will pass by a toll when use highway...

Last edited:
Those planning for thailand soon can get updates about flood situation from TAT
http://www.tatnews.org/latest_update/index.asp

FLOOD WATCH
As of November 8, 2010
Heavy seasonal rains and a combination of factors such as the run-off from the North, the rise in water level in the major rivers and rivers overflowing their banks, and the release of water from upstream dams to prevent overflow has resulted in extensive flooding in many parts of the country. Although the situation has eased over the past few days, many parts of the following provinces remain under floodwaters.
Northeastern Thailand
Chaiyaphum

Central Thailand
Ang Thong, Ayutthaya (Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya), Chachoengsao, Chainat, Nakhon Nayok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Sing Buri and Uthaitani

The following attractions on the island city of Ayutthaya have not been affected by the recent flooding and remain open to visitors.
Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, Wat Phananchoeng, Wat Phra Mongkhon Bophit, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Mahathat, Wat Ratchaburana, Wat Lokayusutharam, Chao Sam Phraya National Museum, Chankasem National Museum, Wat Thammikarat, Wat Chai Wattanaram, Wat Na Phra Meru, Wat Phukhao Thong, Wat Pradu Song Tham, Bang Sai Royal Folk Arts and Crafts Centre, Koh Kerd Royal Folk Arts and Crafts Centre, Bang Pa-In Royal Palace (also known as the Summer Palace) and Lad Chado Market

Eastern Thailand
Rayong and Trat

Southern Thailand
Songkhla (Hat Yai district) and Phattalung

just a quick update. decide not to take the train as it's too infrequent
for bus -> mini-van, there are several ways

Intl Airport -> Victory Monument (City Rail 15B) -> Minivan (60B)
Intl Airport -> Bus 554 (around 35 ~ 40B?) -> Don Muang -> Minivan (60B)
Intl Airport -> Bus 559 (around 35 ~ 40B?) -> Future Park -> Minivan (60B)