Bhutan - Advice please

Shen siung

May 21, 2008
Hi all,

Understand the requirement to enter Bhutan and to tour there.

Do you think it is a good idea to do a free and easy (i mean, still have to engage the tour guide but still go according to my pace and preference)

Or just sign up a tour? If signing up a tour from authorize tour provider in SG, will I lost the flexibility (for you who has join tour before).

I know my questions sounds difficult to be answer since it is base on individual preferences - if that's the case, just tell me your experience with tour in Bhutan.

Thanks.

I went with a group of 11 on a customised direct booked tour a few years back during the off peak season.
Then, it was way cheaper than the local tour agency.
With a "tour package" thru a local tour agency, there always seems to be a WAIT (for others) and then ending up needing to RUSH.
While I have ample opportunities for photography, I would suggest to go during peak season around May/June for the blue skies.

I went with a group of 11 on a customised direct booked tour a few years back during the off peak season.
Then, it was way cheaper than the local tour agency.
With a "tour package" thru a local tour agency, there always seems to be a WAIT (for others) and then ending up needing to RUSH.
While I have ample opportunities for photography, I would suggest to go during peak season around May/June for the blue skies.

Thanks!
You mean you direct booked online from the Bhutan tour agent?
May I have the contact? The list are enormously long from their website...

PM'ed you.

As I write, the memories are alive yet again !
During that year, SG experienced her worse haze - our "haze" were the clouds.
I've got a nice photograph of a full rainbow and the Buddha on top of a mountain.

P.S. Do train up to climb Paro Taktsang !

PM'ed you.

As I write, the memories are alive yet again !
During that year, SG experienced her worse haze - our "haze" were the clouds.
I've got a nice photograph of a full rainbow and the Buddha on top of a mountain.

P.S. Do train up to climb Paro Taktsang !

I and my family will like to go as well.can I have more info abt it?

I and my family will like to go as well.can I have more info abt it?

PM'ed you.

Depending on the places you visit, there is a fair bit of walking and hiking.
Feel free to ask.

Hmm.... don't know if the TS went or not, no news. ;p

Some photographs.

2013-06_Bhutan_1.jpg

2013-06_Bhutan_2.jpg

2013-06_Bhutan_3.jpg

2013-06_Bhutan_4.jpg

2013-06_Bhutan_5.jpg

Last edited: