Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikon | Imaging Products | Still images/Movies common features - Nikon D800/D800E

scroll down for the memory card capacity.. size etc.. got show what kind of raw, or formats you can save and estimate how many pictures you can store in your current memory card.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/u-raw-files.shtml

The above can help you understand more on raw so that you can choose which type of raw to save. Help you decide between more pictures or higher quality pictures.

Last edited:
I don't think in RAW files can set for 3 files size..

This is what I worries my CF card not enough space.

Technically D800 allows different RAW file sizes but not resized, but cropped images at cropped modes like 1.5x or 1.2x. Unfortunately you lose the full frame perspective...

Get more CF card or data backup device lo.

loboclerk said:
Technically D800 allows different RAW file sizes but not resized, but cropped images at cropped modes like 1.5x or 1.2x. Unfortunately you lose the full frame perspective...

Get more CF card or data backup device lo.

I hope so will buy more CF, but mine still in waiting list.

So far dunno yet the 60mb per sec for extreme CF, is as fast or not.

Cause extreme pro on CF is very expansive,
I will go for SD card for extreme pro type @ 95mb per sec. Look like much better.

Last edited:
I hope so will buy more CF, but mine still in waiting list.

So far dunno yet the 60mb per sec for extreme CF is as fast or not.

If you're doing burst shots then you might want the extreme pro. I bought the new 90mb/s extreme pro SD card and it's faster than my 60mb/s extreme CF card so you have a cheaper option than buying an extreme pro CF.

You guys might look at lexar 600x and transcend 600x for cheaper alternative...

I've been using sandisk all along, but heard they both are not bad too. Going to buy one of each to try try..

You guys might look at lexar 600x and transcend 600x for cheaper alternative...

I've been using sandisk all along, but heard they both are not bad too. Going to buy one of each to try try..

I'm holding out to get a Lexar 1000x CF card but it's so ex I'll probably wait a while longer.

well, those lousy brands may be cheap but if u worked in semiconductor industry, you will know how cheap their part is and also how low level their qc is ... best get sandisk.... good weather proof oso.. furthermore, these lexar and transceed might not be compatible with D800/ 700/d3s d4
just like wat transceed 32 gb class 10 did to my D7000 it just reduced the buffer capacity till like the same as a class 2 card

well, those lousy brands may be cheap but if u worked in semiconductor industry, you will know how cheap their part is and also how low level their qc is ... best get sandisk.... good weather proof oso.. furthermore, these lexar and transceed might not be compatible with D800/ 700/d3s d4
just like wat transceed 32 gb class 10 did to my D7000 it just reduced the buffer capacity till like the same as a class 2 card

Lexar fab is actually not bad, if you have ever seen their production line. I can't say the same for Transcend though.

lol transcend sdxc 32gb class 10 corrupted juz 2 weeks of usage on my D7000....simply rubbish.

D800 to COURTS at Funan within this few days. Not sure about the price...

Courts guarantees cheapest price in Singapore ........... ;)

Last edited:

Are there pre-orders for it or just first come first serve?

Love what you say haha.... hmm btw im also curious what's D800 price in local now. I'm willing to pay for few thousands but i also do not want to be the dumb ass after paying the price. People start telling me what you kenna con ah? So those who know the price can share? Thanks Thanks :)

Lucky mine is Scandisk and Lexar

Are there pre-orders for it or just first come first serve?

I pre-ordered the set. However, got mine today at People's Audio at People's Park Complex.

I pre-ordered the set. However, got mine today at People's Audio at People's Park Complex.

Ah I see.. It seems that more stock of D800 are starting to surface locally but it doesn't appear to be a re-stock for other shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.