Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
arsenal bought!!

bought a 15 year french striker... :dunno:

guess we'll hear about him again in 3 years time....

and i was hoping either babel or ribery... chey!

we might also be seeing reyes back next season.. and baptista back to RM

Arsenal didn't buy any players at all....

Transaction...

Alexandre Song to Charlton Athletic (Loan)

Sebastian Larsson to Birmingham City £1,000,000

Bisan Lauren to Portsmouth Undisclosed

Oh sorry... that 15 year old striker only signed a pre-agreement as he's not old enough to join arsenal yet..

signings are getting younger and younger now... wonder if one day we'll end up buying zidane's sperm...

Oh sorry... that 15 year old striker only signed a pre-agreement as he's not old enough to join arsenal yet..

signings are getting younger and younger now... wonder if one day we'll end up buying zidane's sperm...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But Wenger us taking a big risk by not buying players.

Anymore injuries can wave goodbye to the Champion League and FA cup liao. EPL can forget abt it, can only fight for 2nd or 3rd placing.

I really wonder why he is willing to pay millions for a teenager and stinge on established players like ribery...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But Wenger us taking a big risk by not buying players.

Anymore injuries can wave goodbye to the Champion League and FA cup liao. EPL can forget abt it, can only fight for 2nd or 3rd placing.

I really wonder why he is willing to pay millions for a teenager and stinge on established players like ribery...

Simple... why spend so much money on these players when their lifespan on the pitch is limited by a few more years only. Get these younger ones in and they can start at age 18.. and when they show promise, you can even sell them off for a HUGE profit (remember, he didn't have to pay a million pounds for these youngsters... ;) )

i sure hope baptista stays instead of reyes coming back.

Reyes is alittle too lightweight, and he tend to complain when he gets bullied. :p
Baptista definitely adds more steel to the center of midfield with Vieira absent. :lovegrin:

I don't think there is a place for Reyes at Arsenal at the moment. There was an incident last season where he was duped by a Spanish radio station to be critical of the club and fellow players and for this, I think his time is up. I would like to see Baptistuta stay.

As for the status of the squad with RVP out for rest of season, we will be ok with TH and AA up front, JB in reserve. There's also TW but it looks as if he will need another season or two to really mature into a world-class talent.

However, I think it was slightly short-sighted of AW to let David Bentley go. He looked to have such potential 2 seasons ago. My theory is that AW doesn't trust the mentality of British players, knowing that the salaries tend to go to their heads and they turn into promiscuous playboys like Jermaine Pennant. I don't think the European players suffer from this or have such a taste for the booze as the Brits. It is normal for the European players to be T total but can't imagine this is so for the Brits. Shame on us.

I find British do make good defenders...the bulldog fighting spirit and determination, toughness...the famous gunners back 4 in the past were all british right?
Next would be germans and italians in defence
French and Spanish for their flair...eg. Cantona
Africans seem to do well in the striking department
Asians/East Asians seem to be well spread among the 3 departments... but not as strong
:bsmilie:

Sianz Arsenal lost 0 - 1 to PSV....

They are so lousy playing away games... :confused:

Was hopping for a draw.. :cry:

I’m starting to ask questions about TH14’s involvement in the current team… he’s not been up to par this season despite having a very good rest at the beginning of the campaign..

Maybe it’s time ..

I’m starting to ask questions about TH14’s involvement in the current team… he’s not been up to par this season despite having a very good rest at the beginning of the campaign..

Maybe it’s time ..

He is not doing alot of running and chasing lately...

I got a feeling they gona to be kicked out by PSV after the return leg...

Arsenal lost. :(

Lucky Terry was ok.... replay showed really a nasty kick on the head.. :sweat:

Anyone knows what all the 3 red cards are for :dunno:

I know it started mins b4 wif robben play acting to get eboue cautioned.

Only FA cup and Champion league left for grabs... :cool:

Arsenal is good to watch. Very nice style. Too bad they don't have luck.

Arsenal lost. :(

Lucky Terry was ok.... replay showed really a nasty kick on the head.. :sweat:

Anyone knows what all the 3 red cards are for :dunno:

I know it started mins b4 wif robben play acting to get eboue cautioned.

Only FA cup and Champion league left for grabs... :cool:

Sad game...

Seems like a BAD turn of events in the extra time...

Arsenal is good to watch. Very nice style. Too bad they don't have luck.
Luck has nothing to do with it. Even Arsen will tell you that every game they have won is the result of hard work, beautiful football and perfect coaching. Losses are because the referees lie and cheat. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i have a friend who watched the match, he said Denilson is such a scary player. Why he say that, probably because he's a manu fan. :bsmilie:

no, i did not manage to catch any gunner matches recently....denilson is as good as fabregas? I heard he ran rings around lampard. :sweatsm:

I started watching english football without supporting any team, this was the match that made me decide on Arsenal.

I'm sure some of you long time fans remember this match, last day of the season 1989, Arsenal need to beat Liverpool at anfield 2-0. In the 89th minute, Arsenal was leading 1-0, then.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnMHdOciag&mode=related&search=

440376581_a6d7e5f533.jpg

Singapore's only official Arsenal fanclub is officially opened tonight,
at Elizabeth Pub and Lounge, Elizabeth Hotel

More details here

thinkthe gunners will draw in tonite match

Status
Not open for further replies.