Are you sick of mediacorp's idol shows?

Are you sick with mediacorp's idol show?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, maybe that's their plan. But I always wonder how some Singaporeans can put up with all of those craps. Sorry I know Craps is a strong word but that's how I feel. Some may think otherwise.

When I go to the gym, for eg, some aunties and uncles watch them and the noise created is simply crazy. All those crying and shouting.... What are they trying to prove? Just by shouting and showing all those negative emotions will display our actors and actresses' skills? Duh.

When I have a choice, and I see such serials, I always switch channels or turn off the TV. Period!

As if life has not enough problems. I find watching them -- I don't but the mere crying and shouting noises from the TV-- drains my energy and saps enthusiasm.

And damn those TV mobile that blares the loud sounds on the buses. What's SBS trying to do? No peace even on buses man. Just to make $ from commercials. Duh!

they trying to promote sales of ear plugs and ipods... :bsmilie:

So far I havent not watched a single one.. I rather watch my computer's screen

Not only that, I'm sick of most, if not ALL Mediacorp shows, esp the Chinese drama serial ones.

After so many years, it's always the same old stuffs. Whenever the TV is on, all i tend to hear are shouting arguments, parent-child disagreement/unfilial children, hospital scenes -- someone dying or got injured -- they love this somehow, lots of crying -- really lots of this!!, revenge, etc etc.

I gave up on MCS shows few yrs ago. 99% of the chinese dramas would have:

1) Love triangle
2) Someone heart attack
3) Someone hit by car
4) Mr A pushing Miss B out of the car's way and is hit instead, then relationship developes
5) Unfilial children
6) Parents disown children
7) A plotting revenge against B for something
8) Funeral scene
9) Dying person saying last wishes to loved ones
10) Man always wooing lady, woo and woo and finally succeeds or fails

Stereotypical characters:

Gentlemanly man, the cranky elderly parent, the sweet xmm lady, the bitterly rejected but never-says-die attitude guy, etc etc

1) Love triangle
2) Someone heart attack
3) Someone hit by car
4) Mr A pushing Miss B out of the car's way and is hit instead, then relationship developes
5) Unfilial children
8) Funeral scene

Gentlemanly man, the cranky elderly parent, the sweet xmm lady, the bitterly rejected but never-says-die attitude guy, etc etc

Actually this applies to drama serials and soap operas the whole world over... :think:

sick of all idol shows no matter which country they come from.

it is ultra low budget production for the tv stations. no need to pay the contestants for anything, save on salaries for actors/actresses.
also high revenue earner in a earning share scheme tie-up with telcos to urge people to sms votes. there is no proper acting, no drama, no storyline just endless boring drudgery of poorly filmed scenes.

it takes up lots of time slots in tv programming so that the cheapskate tv stations need not spend any money buying expensive and good shows to broadcast.

sick of all idol shows no matter which country they come from.

it is ultra low budget production for the tv stations. no need to pay the contestants for anything, save on salaries for actors/actresses.
also high revenue earner in a earning share scheme tie-up with telcos to urge people to sms votes. there is no proper acting, no drama, no storyline just endless boring drudgery of poorly filmed scenes.

it takes up lots of time slots in tv programming so that the cheapskate tv stations need not spend any money buying expensive and good shows to broadcast.

They should do a Shooter Idol Show so that we can do handstand with our dslr on our heads. :bsmilie:

1) Love triangle
2) Someone heart attack
3) Someone hit by car
5) Unfilial children
8) Funeral scene

Yah boy.... ! You nailed it! I hate the over-used, stereotypicl hospital and old parent-unfilial child scenes especially!

For hospital scene, someone got hurt, a heart attack or tried to commit suicide, gets rushed to hospital, then one by one, his or her loved ones come rushing to the hospital, wait anxiously outside the operating theatre that has doors looking like cardboards, then a youngish looking surgeon comes out, shakes his head, tells them to be prepared for the worse, then a lot of crying, next scene by the hospital bed, more crying, etc etc. Oh man....

Although soap operas have some things in common, I find the local ones are really so... ____ . I can't even find a proper (or rather improper) word to describe it! Taiwan, HK ones are equally bad, if not worse.

Ok, just my opinions, dun wanna anger those who live by local soap ops.

i don't get sick of those shows because i don't watch them. as a matter of fact, i dont watch tv anymore!!

Because you are too busy baking little furrycakes? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Who makes money out of it when you start voting...

Status
Not open for further replies.