Apple vs Samsung

wow anyone still use BT file transfer nowadays? The first thing in my mind when I want to send something is to fire up my WhatsApp :bsmilie:

anyway this thread started with peaceful discussion on the lawsuit between Apple and Samsung; let's not sway the thread to the wrong side of the road, shall we? :)

Well, it all started when Apple Fanboys started to moan and groan about and flame Samsung :bsmilie:

Chicken and egg discussion... Wow!

Singapore is promoting itself as an international arbitration centre. Maybe Apple and Samsung can settle their case in Singapore as an arbitration.
Advantage is that we are a neutral country friendly to both Korea and US. In addition, we do not have a jury system and thus there will not be a clueless jury who pretends to understand the complex technical and design issues being contested. Singapore is well known as being non-corrupt. So they can trust us.

Singapore is promoting itself as an international arbitration centre. Maybe Apple and Samsung can settle their case in Singapore as an arbitration.
Advantage is that we are a neutral country friendly to both Korea and US. In addition, we do not have a jury system and thus there will not be a clueless jury who pretends to understand the complex technical and design issues being contested. Singapore is well known as being non-corrupt. So they can trust us.

it'll give our Ministry of Foreign Affairs a headache :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:
it started out as a thread discussing the ramifications, and some people started to sling mud against Samsung and Android.

Wrong. The TS's original question was whether Samsung copied from Apple.

Wonder who is doing the mud slinging... While changing the topic to "android rules & Apple sucks"

I've been respectful of everybody's opinion & even admitted that I've got my facts wrong on several occasions. You are the one who constantly resort to name calling to make your point.

Last edited:
Wrong. The TS's original question was whether Samsung copied from Apple.

Wonder who is doing the mud slinging... While changing the topic to "android rules & Apple sucks"

I've been respectful of everybody's opinion & even admitted that I've got my facts wrong on several occasions. You are the one who constantly resort to name calling to make your point.

proof please. of where i said "Apple Sucks" and "Android Rules"

oh and... the name-calling.

edit in:
:bsmilie:

Last edited:
it'll give our Ministry of Foreign Affairs a headache :bsmilie:

Foreign Minister was a top lawyer when he was in private practice. In Singapore, there are another 2 brilliant legal minds - Jayakumar and Tommy Koh.

Last edited:
Foreign Minister was a top lawyer when he was in private practice. In Singapore, there are another 2 brilliant legal minds - Jayakumar and Tommy Koh.

we don't need assurance to know that we'll be successful in engaging both parties and ensuring both will be satisfied with the outcome.

the journey to that particular stage will be a hard one, if it ever comes to Singapore :bsmilie:

Excluding the apple and droid fan boys aside (which some seems to look like though I will not call names), I think that the choice of a phone is a very personal choice like clothes.

I remember helping a friend of mine to build a computer. When we are choosing parts, my friend spotted this box with a window where you can see the graphic card displayed. He was requesting that the rig must include that card because it looks cool, I explained that the card isn't a really good choice and we are working on a budget so much so we are using his OLD CASING WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A SIDE WINDOW TO ADMIRE THE PARTS. But he insisted because the heatsink looks like a cool spider...

One irritating issue I often see is that most apple fanboys lack tech knowledge and are spreading wrong message and information to others to stick on this huge apple web. I used to have a boss who is a apple fanboy who oftenly talk to others about how great apple machines are and very techie good stuff about apple. He asked me with help on his mac once and I open the terminal to key some commands. He was shocked and asked me what I am doing. I replied ”do you know your os is based off linux kernel, what you often see is the gui, you can find the simplier commands at the bin.” I notice him looking at me stoning, that is when I face palm myself realising I have to explain what is a kernel and gui to him which mostlikely will just make him more lost...

acpical said:
Didn't Samsung get a net win in Korea? No bias in that ruling? That was my point. Yes, I repeat that the US ruling can be construed as protecting their own. Just don't think Asian courts are any better.

Perhaps you didn't get that but it would be fine. Otherwise, I suggest it would be best if you follow your own advice. And unlike your self-declared anti-Apple stance, I am neither anti/pro either brands/OS here.

I agree with you on the south Korea ruling. It is in fact worse than the American ruling as I believe the patent in question is an essential patent.
I'm not saying the Asian courts are any better. Having said that, I do have to accept that I can't stand apple's policies and hence will never buy one.
All I want to say is that the apple is patenting minor details under a large umbrella patents even if ppl have already been using it and then going after the companies. I can not respect a company for that.
I am not supporting Samsung here. But they are the lesser of the two evils.

File transfer/sharing or higher bandwidth dependent stuff is still better off using other protocol like 802.11x.

Good thing Android can share files via wi-fi too. No need to use a carrier data plan for whatsapp, etc

erm , actually Mac is based off Unix, if I am not wrong?
and Linux is an offshoot of Unix also...?

erm , actually Mac is based off Unix, if I am not wrong?
and Linux is an offshoot of Unix also...?

Max OSX is based on UNIX but uses the BSD Kernal as its core, which is open source, but Apple owns everything that is built around that kernal.

Linux is also based on UNIX, but with many different versions such as Mandrake, Redhat, Suse, Ubuntu, BSD, Fedora, CentOS, Caldera, Debian etc ...

Cheers ....

Wah .. 12 pages.
Forget about technical stuffs like hardware, OS, etc.
As a consumer, Samsung Copy the "user experience" from apple.

251398_417089111681120_1356065433_n.jpg

End of the day is .... Whoever sell more WIN.

ahboy168 said:
End of the day is .... Whoever sell more WIN.

Wrong perception. You can sell 100 of Phone A at $5.00 and 20 of Phone B at $10.00.

The one who wins is the better marketeer, who can convince people to buy a more expensive product, with similar features as other products. It all boils down to Marketing and Branding.