Apple vs Samsung

And one more....

[video=youtube;hcIlch9YCtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIlch9YCtk[/video]

They are not geniuses.

If people claim something is so well made, then why does the company have legions of staff to handle customer complaints and call them geniuses. From the video conversation, the technical knowledge seems shallow.

If people claim something is so well made that it last so long and worked so well, then why does the company earn so much extra money having "extended warranty" (is it called Apple Care?) beyond the 12 months?

Most companies offer extended warranty, not just Apple. To quote a few: Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo... Providing extended warranty is one way to reap more revenue from consumers, consumers pay for the extra coverage and peace of mind, it does not mean the company's products are inferior.

WOW real humbugology :) like saying "The only bad thing about it is that it is sooooooo goooood". Anyway, working or not, its out of fashion & Apple has many things to do with fashion. My IBM Thinkpad still working after 6 years....

Wow! .... Btw, I do have a negative thing about Apple I didn't mention earlier. I have a 2008 (4 years old) MacBook (white unibody polycarbonate discontinued non pro core2 duo MacBook) which was recently updated to mountain lion 10.8.1 without a hitch, and works just as well, tho a little slow. I badly want to buy the new MBA to replace this and trying to find excuses ... But I found none to convince my CO. Yes, I am a little frustrated that the MacBook last so long and worked so well that I can't find an excuse to buy a new one. This is probably the only negative thing I have about Apple. Well, at least I found something bad about it. Otherwise I probably stick out like a sore thumb and wonder what I'm missing when everyone is convinced otherwise.

Last edited:
perhaps milez is working for Apple :bsmilie:

Hahaha ! i wish i am. Then i'll probably keep my mouth shut, as with all Apple employees.

Perhaps the rest are working for Google or Samsung? ... nahhh... i wont stoop that lo....

nuff said... i gave my testimony, nobody wanted to give their bad ones.... rest my case.

.... and one more thing. I didnt want to bring up this earlier, but ... my close friend from KL got the SIII , and in 2 weeks had a fried mainboard.... found a long queue in Sammy's service centre with many having the same issue. Anyway, i still think its nothing but usual QC issue. I dont blame Sammy.... Cest la vie.

At least i learn from here that prejudice is from within,.... nothing to do with what is the reality .... so, hasta la vista baby.

I stand corrected on that particular patent. Whether the US patent system is broken is another conversation that I'm not qualified to comment on. Most rational people would agree that it's been abused beyond belief, but If your company operates within that domain then you'll have to play by the rules (however unfair). Apple is not the only tech company suing others. It's certainly not the only tech company to buy patents to protect their business (that's why all the lawsuits flying around the globe now).

The fact of the matter is if you look at the evidence being presented, you'll be hard pressed not to be convinced that Samsung as a company exhibits a long running pattern of copying other people's designs. Before the iPhone in 2007, their smartphones looked like Palm Treo's, then blackberry & then finally like iPhones. You may argue that the simple rectangle with rounded corner thing is very generic, but they didn't do that before the iPhone became hugely popular.

Samsung before iPhone
samsung-iphone-1-640x407.png

Samsung after iPhone
samsung-iphone-2-640x407.png

samsung-iphone-3-640x405.png

Even more damning is the internal emails that revealed during the trial between Samsung & her partners. Some of it came from Google, specifically asking them to back off from Apple like designs, but they didn't. Why didn't Apple go after Amazon for the hugely popular kindle fire? Or Sony with their gorgeous Experia series of phones? It's because these companies took their n effort to differentiate the products both interns of hardware design & software interfaces. At the heart of the lawsuit is not simply a question of Samsun violating obscure Apple patents because there was no other way to design a phone. Its because Samsung just blatantly ripped off Apple designs safe for minor tweaks to make them look not exact copies. Just take a look at the article linked in the first post!

This is so obvious that Samsuck is riding the success with its copycat from iphone..Samsuck fans can choose to ignore this fact because samsuck provides them a cheaper alternative to iphone :bsmilie: At least apple pays for licensing.. whereas samsuck copies with minor adjustments....

well just see for yourself...pictures worth a thousand words...

Samsung is not copying Apple, here is the proof - The Next Web

Samsung steals iPhone ad actress for Galaxy Tab commercial | 9to5Mac

Samsung Accused of Stealing Apple Acting Talent, Pulls Ad - The Mac Observer

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus announced, looks exactly like an iPhone 3G

even google warns samsung against copying....

Apple Claims Google Warned Samsung Against Copying iPhone, iPad - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

Google had warned Samsung from copying Apple's designs - YouTube

so Samsuck.. the only ppl who support samsuck are those ppl who can't stand and hate a successful company. Microsoft was once there.. :bsmilie: but they didnt know they bought an iphone clone.

Well for some ppl in america, they even thought they bought an ipad thinking samsuck was an apple.. LOL

Hahaha ! i wish i am. Then i'll probably keep my mouth shut, as with all Apple employees.

Perhaps the rest are working for Google or Samsung? ... nahhh... i wont stoop that lo....

nuff said... i gave my testimony, nobody wanted to give their bad ones.... rest my case.

.... and one more thing. I didnt want to bring up this earlier, but ... my close friend from KL got the SIII , and in 2 weeks had a fried mainboard.... found a long queue in Sammy's service centre with many having the same issue. Anyway, i still think its nothing but usual QC issue. I dont blame Sammy.... Cest la vie.

At least i learn from here that prejudice is from within,.... nothing to do with what is the reality .... so, hasta la vista baby.

LOL I dun expect a plastic to work properly.. LOL..

if your are selling flowers you will say yours smell good mah( translate from Mandrain). where got people said their own flowers stink? i owned few samsung phones before; Omnia, i5700..etc...really cmi... oh, i came from every long way:

anyone remember this?;

psion_s3a.jpg

this :

casio.jpg

or at least this?

a20791d130e7a38ddce581_m.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, how tonight for the apple launching of iPhone?
Anyone has standby to see the live view?

Who cares? Got better things to do than watch a phone launch.

you make it sound as if Anabel Chong is making a comeback and try to break the record for the World's Biggest Gang-Bang.

Who cares? Got better things to do than watch a phone launch.

precisely...

Got... Buy popcorn and get ready your soft drive and watch like football live..

Football is exciting and something I care about.

This is so obvious that Samsuck is riding the success with its copycat from iphone..Samsuck fans can choose to ignore this fact because samsuck provides them a cheaper alternative to iphone :bsmilie: At least apple pays for licensing.. whereas samsuck copies with minor adjustments....

well just see for yourself...pictures worth a thousand words...

Samsung is not copying Apple, here is the proof - The Next Web

Samsung steals iPhone ad actress for Galaxy Tab commercial | 9to5Mac

Samsung Accused of Stealing Apple Acting Talent, Pulls Ad - The Mac Observer

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus announced, looks exactly like an iPhone 3G

even google warns samsung against copying....

Apple Claims Google Warned Samsung Against Copying iPhone, iPad - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

Google had warned Samsung from copying Apple's designs - YouTube

so Samsuck.. the only ppl who support samsuck are those ppl who can't stand and hate a successful company. Microsoft was once there.. :bsmilie: but they didnt know they bought an iphone clone.

Well for some ppl in america, they even thought they bought an ipad thinking samsuck was an apple.. LOL

APPL fans can't count. iStupid : 1 button. SammySung: 3/4 buttons (as per Android implementation). Picture says a thousand words, pity for illiterate and numerically impaired iStupid fans.

Last edited:

He's an Apple Fan. Quite a few of them think the evening of the 12th in the USA means 11th/early morning 12th here in SG. As if the iPhone can break Physics and warp space and time. I actually know 6 others who think the "launch" is tonight.

He's an Apple Fan. Quite a few of them think the evening of the 12th in the USA means 11th/early morning 12th here in SG. As if the iPhone can break Physics and warp space and time. I actually know 6 others who think the "launch" is tonight.

my momma always told me iStupid is as iStupid does.

:bsmilie:

not iphone break physics, but they can i guess. :bsmilie:

Do you have any experience with iPhone?

Regarding my iPhone 3Gs fall down from the 2nd floor and some impacted with the small sharp stone to be break off my whole screen with cracking like puzzle, but still can touch screen :)

End up when to changed the new screen and until today still works great.
:D