anyone been to the shopping complex in jb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
frankly if you drive a GTR you will be safe .... those cars are "protected" by those "tie kor" in Malaysia :dunno:
u ever heard of GTR drivers kanna robbed up North?

No, because no one drives them into Malaysia?? :dunno:

No, because no one drives them into Malaysia?? :dunno:
they surely will respect a Singapore 大姐 mah ...... :dunno:

err...please stick back to topic please.

this danga city shopping happening or not one ah???
and seriously, is parking the car there safe?

Actually.. unless ur driving a ferari or lamborghini, ur car are not considered "nice" that it will highly targeted.....
but note that high percentage of auto theft in jb involve luxury SUV....
As for robbery, parang and such, its actually not exceedingly high compared if u go holiday in india, indonesia, africa, etc....
Unless of cause u compare to our low crime rate in singapore, i would catagorised jb crime rate as normal. Just play safe, don't show off....

Yes, that's the right attitude. In fact, I would say wherever you are since we have "road bullies" in Singapore too! Another note, they won't want your exotic car as it's very difficult to offload but robbing you might be nice!

SUVs & popular makes are favourites and most stolen cars are usually exported via sea within 24hrs.

thanks guys for all the inputs.

yes, i want to bring my gtr to stretch her legs.
i know about the crime rates and such.
I could drive other cars there but they are either MPVs or SUVs.
and i was told these cars are even targetted MORE compared to other cars.
so how?:dunno:

i just received an sms from a cser and that the gtr there cost about 1million ringgit with taxes.
not sure how true.

Jeanie, I thought you went Genting? Driving around JB city wouldn't be stretching it's legs, I would recommend a short trip to Desaru or Kota Tinggi with it's nice twisties via B roads. Cut through the JB city & head N/East. Well, you can do that after or before your shopping @ Danga.

The GTR is about RM700K+/- here & not common as it's too expensive by local standard. A used F360 is about the same price. Go figure it!

That was a very unfortunate & freak incident. The Ferrari owner is my friend's relative & a Malaysian. He was not with the convoy & went up with his partner alone. The thugs singled him out & he did lose them but aqua-planned in wet weather then crashed out. They eventually caught up with him & the rest is history.

It is usually quite safe to travel around in Malaysia. I have driven on my own to many places without issues but just be alert & enjoy the scenery+F&B.

can forget about danga mall, went once on a weekend, totally empty, like ghost town

Whether you get robbed or car stolen is a bit of roulette. Depends on your luck that day.
Depends on how desperate the robber or car thief is.

Why go to Danga City Mall? Just another shopping mall.
If you are mobile in a car,you should hunt around the old town.

The most dangerous place is the safest place. If you patronise nightclubs known to be in a gangster protected territory, then your car will not be stolen.

Whereas there were news reports of people being robbed very near to a JB police station.

what is your objective?
Can forget about Danga City Mall, not worth visiting.
Driving GTR in Malaysia? I bet u safer than policemen here coz no one dare to "touch" u.
Car thief only interested in hot favourite demand cars like new Camry, SUVs and MPVs.

Honestly, dont waste your time going there. Not much to see or shop. Looks more like flea market.

The open-air parking lot got 1 or 2 securities officer but still have to exercise caution. Actually I just went there for toilet break.

Train ride to SG cost only RM3 I think.

you are from malaysia ah?
wah!should have told me!we could go for a B road drive.

ok, danga mall is just an excuse for me ya...the real reason is I wanted to bring the GTR for a B road spin, and maybe on the way back, get on the highway and do a faster driving.
however, my speed limiter is still there and my max will still be limited to 180:(

f360 is totally no match for the gtr.;)
If i had 700k ringgit, i'll still go for the gtr.
i'm loving this car so much:heart:

thanks all who give your feeback on danga mall.
guess i shall give it a miss then.

:embrass:

I am beginning to feel the heat of the GTR.:sweat:

Ready, set, go!

Those cheap robbers on Proton can only smell her Lontong.

I wonder who is her vehicle commander (ie passenger). Any volunteers to protect dear Jeanie? He needs to be a master of ninjado, must have kick the bud of Chuck Norris and had won Arnold Schwarzenegger in a friendly arm wrestling contest.:sticktong

heat?literally.

i was doing some pretty hard driving on a sat night.
took off my shoes.
then suddenly, i put my left foot on the 'left foot rest pedal'(which is made of metal) and it 'burned' (not burned as in 1st or 3rd degree burn but you know the feeling when you touch something hot!) my feet.
it's really THAT hot.i'm not kiddin.

you are from malaysia ah?
wah!should have told me!we could go for a B road drive.

ok, danga mall is just an excuse for me ya...the real reason is I wanted to bring the GTR for a B road spin, and maybe on the way back, get on the highway and do a faster driving.
however, my speed limiter is still there and my max will still be limited to 180:(

f360 is totally no match for the gtr.;)
If i had 700k ringgit, i'll still go for the gtr.
i'm loving this car so much:heart:

But the last time I raced my F360 with a GTR, I beat the crap out of the slow coach Nissan. So slow :bsmilie:

But the last time I raced my F360 with a GTR, I beat the crap out of the slow coach Nissan. So slow :bsmilie:

obviously,
1) the GTR was not even bothered to race you
2) you are talking crap
3) you race the gtr in your dream

i know this is kopitiam, you can talk what crap you want, but to make a statement like that, you obviously had not even sat in a 360, less to say drive it.

it's not the car, it's the driver la .... :dunno: as in, it's not the camera, but the guy behind the viewer ...

obviously,
1) the GTR was not even bothered to race you
2) you are talking crap
3) you race the gtr in your dream

i know this is kopitiam, you can talk what crap you want, but to make a statement like that, you obviously had not even sat in a 360, less to say drive it.

Eh....why so much ego over your Japanese car? :dunno: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.