Android phones that are not laggy?

htc hd2. mod it and u can boot andriod. that is one of the 2 phones that have a 1ghz snapdragon and can run andriod. i havent tried myself, as its just too complicated. dun have time to read and understand. maybe holiday period i'll try

Thanks guys for all your inputs. :)

I got the HTC desire. So far the impression has been positive. I'd say it is a worthy competitor for iPhone.

Everything is snappy, but granted, I haven't installed anything yet. If there is a downside compared to iPhone, is that it tends to be economical on animation, and zooming isn't as smooth and pretty. Understandably so as it lacks a dedicated graphic processor like the iPhone. The upside is its raw processing power shows when loading webpages, even when it does some flash while the iPhone do not. And once Android 2.2 is out the speed and flash performance should improve further.

I tried the Milestone XT, there is a bit of lag when scrolling the through the apps, the Desire does feel snappier, otherwise I do like the form factor.

Thanks guys for all your inputs. :)

I got the HTC desire. So far the impression has been positive. I'd say it is a worthy competitor for iPhone.

Everything is snappy, but granted, I haven't installed anything yet. If there is a downside compared to iPhone, is that it tends to be economical on animation, and zooming isn't as smooth and pretty. Understandably so as it lacks a dedicated graphic processor like the iPhone. The upside is its raw processing power shows when loading webpages, even when it does some flash while the iPhone do not. And once Android 2.2 is out the speed and flash performance should improve further.

I tried the Milestone XT, there is a bit of lag when scrolling the through the apps, the Desire does feel snappier, otherwise I do like the form factor.

worthy is an understatement. it beats the current generation of iphone flat. both speed and screen are a charm. iphone 3g and 3gs certainly can't beat the desire. perhaps with iphone4, apple gain some grounds back.

I tried the Galaxy S a few times. For the most part, I would say it is as snappy, if not more so than 3GS, and with a gorgeous AMOLED screen to boot. But somehow not a fan of its iPhone wannabe interface, and as far as phone is concerned, Samsung left a bad taste in my mouth.

I would run away from any Samsung product because they're so bad at not finishing their software. You would hope that they would be better with Android, but I think it's going to be the same old story. They put so much money into hardware development that they don't have enough for software development and zero for updates.

A dead phone is a good choice.

I would run away from any Samsung product because they're so bad at not finishing their software. You would hope that they would be better with Android, but I think it's going to be the same old story. They put so much money into hardware development that they don't have enough for software development and zero for updates.

A dead phone is a good choice.
End of production no doubt but doesn't diminish it in anyway as a very capable phone and one that will be the first the receive any new updates from Google.

End of production no doubt but doesn't diminish it in anyway as a very capable phone and one that will be the first the receive any new updates from Google.

One would hope that they would keep it alive somehow, given all the money spent on them because they were the "freedom" choice but it wasn't an amazing phone and you can bet that there won't be an successors. I would hope that Google would keep it compatible with Android OS way past 3.0 but when do they call it quits and someone's US$599 just goes away?

Galaxy S does lag once I started to install more and more applications into it. However, there are tips online on how to improve the performance and reduce lagging. After the fix, I am quite happy with my Galaxy S.

The only problem now I have with this phone is the GPS accuracy. Hopefully there will be new firmware from Samsung to fix it.

worthy is an understatement. it beats the current generation of iphone flat. both speed and screen are a charm. iphone 3g and 3gs certainly can't beat the desire. perhaps with iphone4, apple gain some grounds back.

Somewhat agreed. Hardware wise it is really closer to iPhone 4, and so is the launch period.

I shortlisted motorola, samsung and htc. I have very bad experience with samsung, me and my family members have used 3 different samsung phones in the last 2 years and all 3 developed some problem before the 2 year contract was up. End up we had to turn back to the old old nokia phones. I tried the motorola milestone in the shop and didn't like that it only had 3 pages for your apps compared with htc with 7. Later I learned that this was due to a htc UI on android. So after choosing htc over the other 2 it was only a matter of choosing the model. I chose the desire over legend because the price diff was only $100 and the desire has a 1ghz vs 6xx mhz. I figured that higher clockspeed would be useful for future apps.

The Milestone has a max of 9 panels and this is customizable in the phone menu.

The Milestone has a max of 9 panels and this is customizable in the phone menu.

Ok, didn't know that. Given that it's a display set I couldn't play around with it too much.

One would hope that they would keep it alive somehow, given all the money spent on them because they were the "freedom" choice but it wasn't an amazing phone and you can bet that there won't be an successors. I would hope that Google would keep it compatible with Android OS way past 3.0 but when do they call it quits and someone's US$599 just goes away?

When it was launched it was THE android phone. The launch of the desire, incredible, galaxy S etc has taken some of the shine away from it though. In fact, part of the reason why I got the desire despite HTC not being a household name was because it was the N1's brother and that says alot. Agree that google should have kept it alive.

When it was launched it was THE android phone. The launch of the desire, incredible, galaxy S etc has taken some of the shine away from it though. In fact, part of the reason why I got the desire despite HTC not being a household name was because it was the N1's brother and that says alot. Agree that google should have kept it alive.

Google is not really into selling phone directly.

It is a great phone, but it has been outshined by the latest Android base smartphone.

HTC might not be a household name but they are no stranger to the hand phone market. They were, and still are, the OEM hand phone supplier to many brand names before they started selling them under their own brand a few years ago.

HTC might not be a household name but they are no stranger to the hand phone market. They were, and still are, the OEM hand phone supplier to many brand names before they started selling them under their own brand a few years ago.

I guess its incredible then that HTC can sell so many phones under its own brand. Very often it's very difficult for a new name to get a foothold in an established market.

I meant that Google needs to keep feeding the Nexus One, as is. They botched every bit of the sales and marketing and support. How can you sell the phone unlocked and then expect an early termination fee when people stop using it? :bigeyes:

HTC was somewhat well known in the U.S.A. for their Windows Mobile phones. Their UI overlay actually helped make the phones usable at a glance. Now that they're making most of the Android phones, they're advertising on television. However, they've discontinued the first Android phone, the T-Mobile/HTC G1.

Here, there are so many smart phones now, but they're still out of reach of the majority of the population. You'd think that they'd be able to move Android to cheaper phones since it's free of charge.

I like the SE X10

It's the official hardware platform for android developers. It will be around and get all the newest OS updates well ahead of anyone else.

Here, there are so many smart phones now, but they're still out of reach of the majority of the population. You'd think that they'd be able to move Android to cheaper phones since it's free of charge.

See HTC wildfire...

It's the official hardware platform for android developers. It will be around and get all the newest OS updates well ahead of anyone else.

I hope you've told Google that because they don't seem to know about any official hardware platform according to Google.

I was using the iPhone 3G for about 2 years, and jumped to the HTC Desire when it was launched a few months back.

People are talking about how fast or "smooth" iPhone is, but i think my HTC is better (compared to 3G at least). Plus, everything on the iPhone is so "restricted", e.g. ringtones, wallpaper (i think OS4 has solved this), icons based interface, etc are all fixed and you cannot do anything except jailbreaking it.

With HTC, I can choose to have widgets instead of icons and vice versa, themes, wallpaper, ringtones, etc. The customisation is endless. I'm enjoying my phone and i never regretted jumping