Android phones that are not laggy?

I hope you've told Google that because they don't seem to know about any official hardware platform according to Google.
Google gave out the Nexus One to developers sometime back actually. It's the baseline platform for development purposes.

I hope you've told Google that because they don't seem to know about any official hardware platform according to Google.

I don't need to tell them that because they've already stated that it's their reference platform for development.

I was using the iPhone 3G for about 2 years, and jumped to the HTC Desire when it was launched a few months back.

People are talking about how fast or "smooth" iPhone is, but i think my HTC is better (compared to 3G at least). Plus, everything on the iPhone is so "restricted", e.g. ringtones, wallpaper (i think OS4 has solved this), icons based interface, etc are all fixed and you cannot do anything except jailbreaking it.

With HTC, I can choose to have widgets instead of icons and vice versa, themes, wallpaper, ringtones, etc. The customisation is endless. I'm enjoying my phone and i never regretted jumping
OT: iphone ringtones can be customised ;)

OT: iphone ringtones can be customised ;)

Need to use iTune right? Can we use MP3 song as ringtones for message, voice and video call alerts? Last time I heard from my friend, he needs to jail break. I can't even bluetooth file transfer to him without him jail break his iPhone.

Need to use iTune right? Can we use MP3 song as ringtones for message, voice and video call alerts? Last time I heard from my friend, he needs to jail break. I can't even bluetooth file transfer to him without him jail break his iPhone.
I've not used video calls before so I don't know..as for ringtones, just use iTunes to convert your mp3 (max 40s). not possible for SMS tone