[ahblack] APAW 2015 - Stepping up the game!

week 30

Last weekend, it was one of the biggest celebration in Singapore, the SG50.
It was the first time I wasn't around during Singapore National Day ever since I first settle down in Singapore 4 years ago,
I must say it's a miss that I will regret for the rest of my life.
But at the same time, I'm glad that the long weekend gave me a chance to experience something new too,
and that is to go on a trip (Hatyai) with my 2 families (me, my wife, my parents and parents-in-law)!!!
The trip was awesome and the most grateful thing about the trip, is that everyone was enjoying and getting closer.

I must say, Hatyai is a very nice place to visit. Not as busy as Bangkok,
and yet vibrant at its own way. There are so many things to explore!

But still... nothing beats this...

The Lonely house at Tan Jetty by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

For me, Penang is still the best place in the world. I hope in the near future, I can go back and truly settle down there,
spend more time with my parents and perhaps the rest of my life there.

Fujifilm X-T1 + Voigtländer VM 35mm f1.4 CLASSIC

Nice shot!

Nice shot!

Thank you!!! Glad you like it!

I was scroll through the photos I took last weekend, and this image instantly caught my eyes! Easily the best photo I took so far LOL

I really really really really really love the rendering of this lens, but the Sonnar still has the better hands when it comes to wide open aperture... Anyway I'm broke so no new lens for me until I get my bonus LOL

Waiting for update for your thread bro! I've been couching at one side and quietly admiring your photos!

week 32

23rd August 2014, I got myself the Fujifilm X-T1 at Penang after months of waiting, because the dealer offered me a better deal (lower price, without freebies). One year, it's not really that long, but not a short time either. I looked back to my photography journey and I must say, without the helps of friendly people around here, I wouldn't have gone this far. The learning journey has been the most joyful, I met new friends, discovered more of photography, and somehow become a better man. Thank you all for your support, and here's to the many years to come!

Sunrise @ Lower Seletar Reservoir by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Zeiss Touit 2.8/12

week 34

Gonna feature a buddy of mine this week (I think I'm gonna do this more!). It's really easy to sit down and have a chit chat for hours when you are with someone around your age. We talked about gears (obviously... it was a small poisoning session LOL) and life as well! Not just this fella, I've met many new friends which different ages and background. We had great time together, talking about our view in life and the different world we all live in.

We became FRIENDS

We all were brought together by 1 thing in common, our love toward photography. I'm glad we all became more than just a bunch of gear heads :lovegrin:

Caught in frame by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50mm ZM

week 35

My lovely wife... We've known each other since we were 17 years old. Pak tor for 7 years, then got married on 12/12/12 (best date for dude, because super easy to remember LOL). I never really say this to her, but she's the best thing that happens to me. I know what will happens if I tell her that... Her tail will raise and hit the ceiling! But ya, I really luck out to be able to get such fine wife.

Wifey by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Canon FL 50mm f1.4 II

week 35

My lovely wife... We've known each other since we were 17 years old. Pak tor for 7 years, then got married on 12/12/12 (best date for dude, because super easy to remember LOL). I never really say this to her, but she's the best thing that happens to me. I know what will happens if I tell her that... Her tail will raise and hit the ceiling! But ya, I really luck out to be able to get such fine wife.

Wifey by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Canon FL 50mm f1.4 II

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

week 38

Seems like haze is not going away anytime soon... But look at the bright side! At least we get to photograph something different from blue sky hahaha...

Dimmed by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

week 39

Last weekend, I had the chance to push my Sonnar further by using it on a full frame sensor camera. It was again a great outing with a bunch of new and fun friends! To be honest, I'm amazing by the details captured by the combo, it's entirely different level compared to my own system. But of course, each system has its perks, I still miss the handling and amazing AWB of my camera.

It was a refreshing experience, and it's definitely a joyful one!

The old art of living by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Sony A7 + Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50mm ZM

week 40

Untitled, for your own interpretation

Untitled 004 by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Btw, not mine... I don't smoke hahaha...

week 42

Got myself a fine camera recently, the Sony A7ii, and so it begins my journey into the world of Full Frame. Despite I've been shooting for quite a years, I have yet to shoot with a Full Frame camera. Previously, some of my evil friends got me trying their FF camera, and to be honest, I was tempted. Ever since I bought the Sonnar, it got me thinking about it more. Well, it's fate, someone offered me a good price and I went for it. Now I'm very happy.

So far, X-T1 still triumph over A7ii in user experience department. The size, the weight, the DIALSSSS... After using A7ii, I realized how much I miss X-T1 dials :cry: BUT... that image output of A7ii... That's the main reason why I'm swaying among these 2 cameras... I shall give it a few more weeks, and then I'll decide whether A7ii is good to keep, or X-T1 is still my best love...

Light around me, and the darkness within me by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Sony A7ii + Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50mm ZM

Stay tuned if you want to grab yourself a good deal for a X-T1 or A7ii soon! Hehehe...

Great images...great stories...just a great thread LWC. I follow your Flickr now... :)

Now I know there's so many restriction on internet back in China. So I had to give last week a miss because I can't access to Clubsnap... But never mind, I'm gonna make it up this week by posting 2 photos!

As I was saying last few weeks... Choice has been made, and Sony A7ii is here to stay! But it really pains me to let go off my X-T1, because it's how I got into photography and met so many friends! Although some of my friends did the same thing (leaving Fujifilm) earlier than me, I'm glad our friendships are to stay and live on! So to all my fellow Fujifilm friends, I'm still the same person we knew at the first time, just that now I'm holding a different camera hahaha...

My China trip was fun, and very eye-opening. I saw people who speaks and looks almost the same as me (same yellow skin,炎黄子孙) lives a much diverse life. Everything was strange yet familiar. I'm glad I was given the chance to join the trip and experience the culture of China (never been to China previously...).

Although I took many shots and I wish to share all my favorite shots with you guys, I'm gonna stick to my self-imposed rule here. This will be my best 2 shots (for me at least haha...) for the last 2 weeks! If you wish to see more of my photos taken in China, feel free to drop by my Flickr and have a look!

week 43 (missed...)

Ray of light by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Sony A7ii + Sony FE28mm F2

week 44

... by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Sorry for the wait, and thank you for waiting!

week 45

This week, another friend of mine will be featured! A bro-worthy friend I must say. We known each other a few years ago as colleague, and our friendship remains till this day even though he had left the company. It's hard to find a person who "clicks" with you, and it's even harder to find a trustworthy one. It's good to find such person in your life. Like some said, "you don't need a lot of friends, you just need a handful of good one." Recently, he started his journey into photography, and slowly he learns and shoots from the basic. Photography is a very fine hobby, and hopefully he enjoys photography as much as I do!

A bro-worthy friend by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr