[ahblack] APAW 2015 - Stepping up the game!

week 25
missed out week 24 entirely...

Recently acquired a new lens, an old m42 Fujinon 55mm f1.6!
It's not really easy to find one in great condition with a nice price tag, hence mine has a broken distance marking ring...
Had to use super glue to fix it. There's 1 good reason to get this lens, its bokeh. Due to the design of its front element,
the bokeh (especially the highlighted one) is quite something, compared with previous lenses I've tried.
Definitely a keeper! It will be replacing my Helios 44-2 as my special effect lens!

I have yet to unleash its full potential due to busy schedule, hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Botanic Garden (my bokeh heaven) soon!

Walkabout by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Fujinon 55mm f1.6 + Lens Turbo

week 25 missed out week 24 entirely... Recently acquired a new lens, an old m42 Fujinon 55mm f1.6! It's not really easy to find one in great condition with a nice price tag, hence mine has a broken distance marking ring... Had to use super glue to fix it. There's 1 good reason to get this lens, its bokeh. Due to the design of its front element, the bokeh (especially the highlighted one) is quite something, compared with previous lenses I've tried. Definitely a keeper! It will be replacing my Helios 44-2 as my special effect lens! I have yet to unleash its full potential due to busy schedule, hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Botanic Garden (my bokeh heaven) soon! https://flic.kr/p/vy5veG Walkabout by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr Fujifilm X-T1 + Fujinon 55mm f1.6 + Lens Turbo

Welcome back ! :)

Certainly stepping to the game :)

Nice pictures.

Thanks bro! Still a lot to learn (and play hehehe)!

week 26

My first sunrise shooting, together with members of Fujifilm ClubX! Learnt a lot from all the pros, and never been so glad to wake up so early in my life hahahaha!

This is definitely not a very good shot, but since it's my first time, gonna head back there soon to survey for a better angle.

Sunrise at Costa Rhu by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Zeiss Touit 2.8/12

week 30

Last weekend, it was one of the biggest celebration in Singapore, the SG50.
It was the first time I wasn't around during Singapore National Day ever since I first settle down in Singapore 4 years ago,
I must say it's a miss that I will regret for the rest of my life.
But at the same time, I'm glad that the long weekend gave me a chance to experience something new too,
and that is to go on a trip (Hatyai) with my 2 families (me, my wife, my parents and parents-in-law)!!!
The trip was awesome and the most grateful thing about the trip, is that everyone was enjoying and getting closer.

I must say, Hatyai is a very nice place to visit. Not as busy as Bangkok,
and yet vibrant at its own way. There are so many things to explore!

But still... nothing beats this...

Temple Above The Sea by Lee Wooi Chun, on Flickr

For me, Penang is still the best place in the world. I hope in the near future, I can go back and truly settle down there,
spend more time with my parents and perhaps the rest of my life there.

Fujifilm X-T1 + Voigtländer VM 35mm f1.4 CLASSIC MC

Last edited: