[ahblack] APAW 2015 - Stepping up the game!

Managed to meet up with fellow Fujifilm ClubX members yesterday! Bunch of great tapos chabos!
Here are some of my "ok" shots!

week 7

Flower @ Botanic Gardens by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

I see you, you see me! by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Mitakon Lens Turbo + Helios 44-2 + Extension tubes

And on that day, Fujifilm as kind enough to lend us a few XF60 Macro Lenses for hands-on!!
Here are some shots using the lens!

Great time meet up with you guys! Thank you Fujifilm!
And I found out... I am not a macro guy...​

Me too ;) I prefer shooting people more. Nice to meet up with U too

week 8

Celebrated my wife's belated birthday (5th March) and my early birthday (9th March) at Todamgol, a Korean traditional Restaurant. It was a surprise for my wife, as she thought it was just to celebrate mine. I picked the place not just because of the great reviews, but one of the dishes they have in their menu, it's called Jjimdak. It was my wife's favourite food during our last visit to Seoul. I've tried to find a place that offers this dish, but to no avail... until I dug into the street of Tanjong Pagar.

"Andong jjimdak is a variety of jjim (a Korean steamed or boiled dish), which originated in the city of Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province and is made with chicken, various vegetables marinated in a ganjang (Korean soy sauce) based sauce. The name literally means "steamed chicken of Andong." -Wikipedia

The ambient of the place is very good, decoration is just amazing, and we both had one of the best night of our live.

Todamgol Korean Traditional Restaurant by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

And lastly...​

Last edited:

week 9

Finally a proper portrait for my beloved Fujifilm X-T1! Lately a fellow member shared a simple tutorial from petapixel, so I gave it a shot and this's the outcome! I know it's not perfect, but damn it looks way better than my previous shots!

Fujifilm X-T1 with Fujinon XF27 by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Sony A77 + SAL1650 and also...
Mefoto Tripod + IKEA table + Dirty black shirt (tabletop surface) + Reebok black dryfit top (backdrop) + Nexus 7 (lighting)​

week 9

Finally a proper portrait for my beloved Fujifilm X-T1! Lately a fellow member shared a simple tutorial from petapixel, so I gave it a shot and this's the outcome! I know it's not perfect, but damn it looks way better than my previous shots!

Fujifilm X-T1 with Fujinon XF27 by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Sony A77 + SAL1650 and also...
Mefoto Tripod + IKEA table + Dirty black shirt (tabletop surface) + Reebok black dryfit top (backdrop) + Nexus 7 (lighting)​

ooo just saw this Fuji clubX :)

Ya I was so happy that I did the shot, learn quite a few things. I was just too excited and wanted to share with everyone hahaha

Ya I was so happy that I did the shot, learn quite a few things. I was just too excited and wanted to share with everyone hahaha

;):thumbsup:

week 9

Dance with feeling... by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Mitakon Lens Turbo + Helios 44-2

After went through weeks and look back, I feel like something isn't right with this AWAP. It seems like I've been doing it with "quantity" instead of "quality"... So I've decided starting from this week onward, this will be a truly A PHOTO A WEEK, instead of AT LEAST A PHOTO A WEEK... Only 1 photo will be selected from all the shots taken through out the week and be posted here!

Thank you all who've been visiting and supporting this thread. I shall work harder to make this a better thread!​

week 16

Finally managed to bring my new toy out to play!!! Fujifilm body + lens is the best!!!

Drive by ah.b|ack's s6nse, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-T1 + Fujinon EBC 50mm f1.4 + Lens Turbo​

After went through weeks and look back, I feel like something isn't right with this AWAP. It seems like I've been doing it with "quantity" instead of "quality"... So I've decided starting from this week onward, this will be a truly A PHOTO A WEEK, instead of AT LEAST A PHOTO A WEEK... Only 1 photo will be selected from all the shots taken through out the week and be posted here!

Thank you all who've been visiting and supporting this thread. I shall work harder to make this a better thread!​

Looks like a good self challenge. :)

Keep it up!