Aftermath of Little India(240404)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah! Got cheerleaders and school bands huh? Now I wanna go to the Esplanade liao! ;p

Pro_New, join us lah! I want to learn a trick or two about b&w photography from you too!! :D

Witness said:
Snapboy confirmed too....btw tmc getting engaged on 8th??? congrats congrats....maybe we could pop by...for fireworks....f8-11 will do for 3-4 sec displays....tt's the setting for my cam la.....otherwise....juz set to night and let the cam do the magic....haha

Yah, if my digicam has a night mode, would it be better for me use the night mode and tripod?? Cos I have not tried the aperture and shutter speed yet and it might not turn out well.........

:(

icer said:
Yah, if my digicam has a night mode, would it be better for me use the night mode and tripod?? Cos I have not tried the aperture and shutter speed yet and it might not turn out well.........

:(

Night mode is just an auto-programmed mode that usually have a very small f-stop and a longer shutter speed, that's all. I think ultimately you still have to understand a little basics of photography, and rely less on the modes. ;)

highly recommend u study shutter piority mode (if your digi has it), and not rely on night mode.

Here's 2 shots I took during last year's NDP. digicam on AUTO(!!), cos I never bothered to go understand shutter/aperture piority modes.

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks1.jpg

Point is, even auto can, so no need to consider night-mode, but which mode will give the best results? ;)

P.S. - composition is an entirely different thing of course, so don't use my examples... hehe.. :D

foxtwo said:
highly recommend u study shutter piority mode (if your digi has it), and not rely on night mode.

I have shutter priority mode as well.......so for night shots, it should be slower shutter speed, provided I have a tripod??

icer said:
I have shutter priority mode as well.......so for night shots, it should be slower shutter speed, provided I have a tripod??

I think so... Erm, better if u get an expert to talk to.

Juz Like to share...

Prepare a black card, cover your view finder,F/16-22, set it to bulb and hold on to your cable release .. then... (of course Tripod is a must)

ISO preferrably at ISO 50-100... , use the black card to cover your lens when there wasn't any firework or when it was about to burst... :bigeyes:

Do 2-4 exp. of fireworks together with a single shot, u see great result returning from lab. Try this on negative or slide....

About Digital??? Yet to find out ... it should work the same... anyone to share? ;p

wow... so is this outing to esplanade or sbg? :gbounce:

benchuatl said:
Juz Like to share...

Prepare a black card, cover your view finder,F/16-22, set it to bulb and hold on to your cable release .. then... (of course Tripod is a must)

The aperature setting will depends on what kind of effect you are aiming for.
Read this one on firework.
How to take Firework

cointre said:
wow... so is this outing to esplanade or sbg? :gbounce:

The outing will be at sbg. We have yet to confirm the location for nightshoot.

benchuatl said:
Juz Like to share...

ISO preferrably at ISO 50-100... , use the black card to cover your lens when there wasn't any firework or when it was about to burst... :bigeyes:

Do 2-4 exp. of fireworks together with a single shot, u see great result returning from lab. Try this on negative or slide....

About Digital??? Yet to find out ... it should work the same... anyone to share? ;p

That's what I did with my slr, but dont think prosumer digicams have bulb mode loh...

If he sets the shutter piority to say 4 secs, then suay suay on the 3.6th second got another fireworks launch... hard to say the results lah, but could spoil the pic. Can he interrupt the piority? should he? does 0.4secs matter? :dunno: Am I thinking too much??? :think:

Ideal situation if there was a preview, and we can time down roughly when & how long each burst is...

Ah well, I did say ideal~

hmmm...digi cam night mode wun be a prob...but will come out hazed.....like not sharp...the card thing is a good idea.....

Update!

Here's the list of people I'd PMed for the next outing on the 8th May

1. Vamptress
2.The_Cheat - interested; confirm later
3.Snapboy - confirm
4.vader
5.witness - confirm
6.icer - confirm
7.sigrd
8.Denis - interested; confirm later
9.foxtwo
10.landes - interested; confirm later
11. Khairi - not able to make it...
12. Scanner
13.xin
14. Peterpan
15. lingfoo - tentatively confirm
16. quekky - interested; confirm later
17. sdx4670r - interested; confirm later
18. Vincentt_whale - confirm
19. leodo - confirm
20. Nivlek
21.Vibrancyniche
22. Tiffy - don't think can make it... :(
23. juzthin
24. tmc17479 - engagement on the 8th of May; let's congratulate him! :blah:
25. OzOn3 - in the middle of exam; confirm next week. ;p

Here's the list of people who'd expressed interest. Snapboy would contact you guys later! :blah:
1. AReality
2. Brandon
3. nicholaslee

Cheat, i'm interested in the outing but i'll confirm later ok? probably next week...

oh see lah... e girls are pulling out... Who were those pple who keep shooting them without permission one ah?? :nono: :nono:

eh Cheat, update me as "interested, confirm later" leh.

haha....we have a boys day out....male photog...male models....vincent got new avatar ...

Status
Not open for further replies.